Texas @ Kansas State Series Thread

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

There are dudes at Hill, San Jac, Galveston, MCC, Panola etc who would love to play in Austin and who would at least be competitive against K State. 

Shit I would love to have a couple of guys off that CC staff.   How pathetic is that?

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Can you imagine being the first Texas baseball coach to be fired?

Gus resigned rather than be fired. Augie likewise by taking the special assistant role or whatever fluff job it was.

Pierce is 61 maybe he retires so we can keep up the trend?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, texastroubadour said:

14 (at a minimum) runs after going up 3-0. So bad. 

And 3 runs against a guy with a ERA north of 7 with a hurricane wind blowing straight out.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Gus resigned rather than be fired. Augie likewise by taking the special assistant role or whatever fluff job it was.

I don't expect Pierce to go without being fired.  yeah Augie and Gus resigned but they knew they were done.

Just now, dcar00 said:

I don't expect Pierce to go without being fired.  yeah Augie and Gus resigned but they knew they were done.

Pierce has never experienced their same level of achievement, so I doubt he realizes the situation he’s currently in the way those two legends did. 

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yea Augie was absolutely fired.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Point being, we can try to pride ourselves on never firing a coach up until this point but the two coaches before this one were basically fired without being fired.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

David Shaw apparently was hit in the head during batting practice so we also have that going for us 

I mean I hope the young man is okay but it isn’t exactly like he is a difference maker

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Damn DP resorting to throwing shit at people to deflect attention from his terrible coaching job.

I think it may be time to accept the fact that this isn't all Pierce.  We have players with a lot of talent who have no balls.  They dont crave coming in with the sacs juiced...they are terrified of it.  This staff is gutless, save a few players and there is no way to teach someone how not to be a gutless pussy.  Throwing 95 doesn't change who you are internally.  You will cower and fail to performs when the chips are down.

34 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Point being, we can try to pride ourselves on never firing a coach up until this point but the two coaches before this one were basically fired without being fired.

Those coaches earned the right to go out that way though. This fuck stick hasn’t and hasn’t come anywhere close to he awarded that luxury. Can his bitch ass on the tarmac in Manhattan. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I think it may be time to accept the fact that this isn't all Pierce.  We have players with a lot of talent who have no balls.  They dont crave coming in with the sacs juiced...they are terrified of it.  This staff is gutless, save a few players and there is no way to teach someone how not to be a gutless pussy.  Throwing 95 doesn't change who you are internally.  You will cower and fail to performs when the chips are down.

What you’re describing is Pierce not doing job. Coaches job to get the shit you’re describing out of kids to maximize them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What you’re describing is Pierce not doing job. Coaches job to get the shit you’re describing out of kids to maximize them. 

You think DP hasn’t maximized the talent he’s had since he’s been here? That has not been the problem at all.

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

You cant teach a kid to have a sack.  You're gutless or you aren't.  

You can instill confidence into kids which helps them build a sack. Gotta get it out of them. 

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You think DP hasn’t maximized the talent he’s had since he’s been here? That has not been the problem at all.

I think he’s coasted on talent he has had but he hasn’t maximized. If he had maximized we’d have a NCAA title.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You can instill confidence into kids which helps them build a sack. Gotta get it out of them. 

I think he’s coasted on talent he has had but he hasn’t maximized. If he had maximized we’d have a NCAA title.

lol ok. The lack of talent has been the complaint since he took over. Maximizing talent hasn’t been close to a problem. Assembling talent has been. None of his teams have been anywhere close to talented enough to win the title except for 2021 and 2020.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

These kids aren't 12.  These are adults.  Pitching coaches cant give you balls.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

lol ok. The lack of talent has been the complain since he took over. Maximizing talent hasn’t been close to a problem. Assembling talent has been. None of his teams have been anywhere close to talented enough to win the title except for 2021 and 2020.

It’s both. The big what if of 2020. Just fire his ass and hire someone better. It’s that simple. This isn’t his 2nd or 3rd year in. He isn’t handling portal era well and doesn’t have the personality to bring elite portal talent. 

Just now, Cousin Strawberry said:

These kids aren't 12.  These are adults.  Pitching coaches cant give you balls.

Our pitching coach doesn’t have ball so how in the fuck do you think he can maximize our pitchers and get the best out of them? Age is also irrelevant when getting the most out of a player. It’s coaches job to coach the mental aspect of it as well. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White