Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah. I understand it’s week 1…and every good team goes through stretches where they struggle. Just hope we are seeing ours right out of the gate, but am a bit concerned we’ve lost some edge.

Luckily this is baseball and it can turn on a dime.

That doesn't mean it will. This might be one of those years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Do you want a full list. How about starting off with Springer and Correa to the middle relief guys we let walk this offseason to blow our wad on Hader.

Um, Springer and Correa had nothing to do with the most recent championship.

Try again.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I have kids with legit mental/physical disabilities on my son’s 10U team and they’ve never come close to doing what Meyers just did there in the 9th.

holy hell 

what he do, I missed it 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

How about starting off with Springer and Correa

Must have missed them during the '22 WS

Maton was would have been left off the roster but broke his hand.  Neris and Stanek combined for 3 innings in the WS which was big I guess

Edited by WBT

Posted (edited)

How did our beloved Astros become the biggest choke artists in Houston sports history since the Run N Shoot Oilers. This team set the standard in how a clutch, smart team is supposed to operate. They’ve undergone a transformation to shittiness since coming back from Arlington up 3-2. Never seen anything like this happen in my life. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Haha 1

With lilshep playing baseball and practice we are missing alot of games. Which seems like a great plan right now. If this team struggles I expect mmp not to be packed anymore considering how the rockets and texans are trending upward. With Yanier doing great just proves how idiotic dusty was and crane for allowing dusty to play maldy so much. Abreu has got to go. Sign a free Agent , move dubon to 1b or bring someone up. This team will barely scratch by with Jake, and abreu out there getting 450 plus at bats. Especially with how pena regressed.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

With lilshep playing baseball and practice we are missing alot of games. Which seems like a great plan right now. If this team struggles I expect mmp not to be packed anymore considering how the rockets and texans are trending upward. With Yanier doing great just proves how idiotic dusty was and crane for allowing dusty to play maldy so much. Abreu has got to go. Sign a free Agent , move dubon to 1b or bring someone up. This team will barely scratch by with Jake, and abreu out there getting 450 plus at bats. Especially with how pena regressed.

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Thank GIF

Our baserunning is fucking brutal, can we fine guys for stupid ass shit on the bases....maybe not by management but where the fuck is the kangaroo court to hold these chuckle fucks accountable.

Baserunning is an art, unfortunately our masterpiece is shit

23 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Listened to Stone Cold Stros today and they talked about signing Brandon Belt because he is still a free agent. I'm not against it because Abreu has been abysmal 

2 minutes ago, thetruth said:

Listened to Stone Cold Stros today and they talked about signing Brandon Belt because he is still a free agent. I'm not against it because Abreu has been abysmal 

You van platoon Belt with Diaz at 1B, I don't even know what Carratini is but he at least looks like he can hit a baseball better than Abreu and Singlelol

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, WBT said:

Must have missed them during the '22 WS

Maton was would have been left off the roster but broke his hand.  Neris and Stanek combined for 3 innings in the WS which was big I guess

Cumulative effect. Realistically, we could not keep everyone from 2019, the greatest Astros team we’ll see in our lifetime, but we should have kept either Springer or Correa. They drove the culture of this team. Recent decision making on roster construction is suspect. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

Cumulative effect. Realistically, we could not keep everyone from 2019, the greatest Astros team we’ll see in our lifetime, but we should have kept either Springer or Correa. They drove the culture of this team. Recent decision making on roster construction is suspect. 

We did just fine without them.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We did just fine without them.

We aren’t doing well now. I’d rather have Yuli signed off the street starting over the $58 million man they signed to replace him.

Edited by Macklemore

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We aren’t doing well now. I’d rather have Yuli signed off the street starting over the $58 million man they signed to replace him.

We're spoiled. We are not entitled to a championship caliber baseball team every year.

But that was game 6 out of 162.

Let's see where we are in July.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Our starters have a 1.54 ERA .

we’re 1-5

pull your head out bullpen, offense, and baserunning (defense, you’re cool).

we didn’t need to panic and sign a starter 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

What are the odds that they bench a guy making $19.5 million per?

I could maybe see them eat the last year but he's going to get this entire season I'm afraid.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:22 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

This team will probably score 11 tomorrow and we will all think they finally broke through then they will go back to losing 4-1 or 3-2. 

My Sunday afternoon post is spot on. This team. This is what they do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Scraps said:

Man some massive pussies in this thread

It's really remarkable how entitled people on this thread are to "winning".  I've lived 40 plus as an active Astros fan.  We've been average as an org for most of that.  We're having one of the longest sustained runs of greatness any team has ever had and every other comment is bitch ass whining.  

Clearly not every decision has been perfect, but there are zero hampering contracts on this team that aren't 1-2 years based (Montero/Abreu) and even those were market value (argue with someone else, you're flat wrong if you don't think so).  No one keeps a farm system AND sustains winning that isn't one of the 2-3 richest teams in baseball, and even they have struggled with it at times.  And oh by the way we were a game away from being in the WS AGAIN last year.  

Now people think Bregman hasn't lived up to his contract or sucks?  Or that the Astros should have resigned Correa or Springer, even with your own eyes seeing they can't stay healthy and have been shells of what they were here since they left?  Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.  

Edited by uoftorange
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

Man some massive pussies in this thread

I mean, haven't the Astros had a bumpy start multiple times over the last few years, only to be right there competing in October?

It's just one losing week of baseball, and it's going to happen to every team in both leagues.  Fans just freak out when it happens at the beginning.  Does anybody actually think this team is going to finish with a losing record?

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, haven't the Astros had a bumpy start multiple times over the last few years, only to be right there competing in October?

It's just one losing week of baseball, and it's going to happen to every team in both leagues.  Fans just freak out when it happens at the beginning.  Does anybody actually think this team is going to finish with a losing record?

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Is it time to bring back the Disastros or the Lastros moniker?
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

It seriously sucks to have to go back to the really bad years of watching Houston Astros baseball.  At least Hunter Pence was a decent person eve though that team lost 100 plus games.

Note to Astros management: if you need to figure out what to do or decisions to make, ask Jeff Bagwell and then go do the exact fucking opposite thing. 

Note to Astros management: if you need to figure out what to do or decisions to make, ask Jeff Bagwell and then go do the exact fucking opposite thing. 

Or read the majority of this thread
  • Haha 1