Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Does ESPN have to ruin every fucking thing it touches? Just call the game. 

They’re like Nike and Fanatics. Everything they touch turns to shit. I wonder why they even bother to broadcast baseball to begin with. It’s not like they have Baseball Tonight anymore or talk about baseball at all on any of their talk shows.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

81 pitches threw 5.  I think the Vander Meer descendants can start chilling the champagne.

Need him to get through one more 

and Abreu/pressly/Hader to stop pitching like the back end of our 2011-2013 teams

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

81 pitches threw 5.  I think the Vander Meer descendants can start chilling the champagne.

2-T) Mike Scott, Astros: 16 innings
Dates: Sept. 20-Oct. 2, 1986

Scott finished his 13-year career with a precisely average era-adjusted 100 ERA+, but in the latter half of 1986, he might have been the most unhittable pitcher on the planet. Wielding a splitter so filthy that opponents began openly questioning its legality, Scott went on an absolute tear to close the regular season. He began by retiring the Padres in order to finish out a seven-inning win on Sept. 20, and then unleashed a 13-strikeout no-hitter against the Giants at the Astrodome to clinch the NL West division title for Houston.

"I can't ever remember a game with such importance that was so dominated by one person,” said Scott’s teammate, Nolan Ryan.