Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I assume Pressly gets skipped today if Abreu does his job?

or Espada gonna stir the pot and give Hader a day off?

Nah Hader threw 30 pitches fucking around last night.  It will be Pressly in the 9th

Q: You’ve received the least amount of offensive production from your first basemen among MLB teams. How sustainable is that? Do you feel like there is a point where you have to explore potentially making a change there? (Entering Friday, Astros first basemen had combined for an MLB-low .382 OPS. José Abreu owned an .078/.158/.098 slash line in 16 games. Jon Singleton had a .250/.333/.313 slash line in 36 plate appearances).

A: Right now, we’ll continue to figure that out as we talk it through with the guys downstairs. But we’re going to continue to figure out how to get (Abreu) some playing time to see if he can get hot. And if he gets hot, we’ll be happy. And if he doesn’t get hot, we’ll have to circle back and make some decisions.I think what we’ll do is we’ll have those guys share some playing time with the hopes of Abreu getting hot. ... We would like to have more production. But often times, guys don’t get off to good starts. It’s just the way it is. Now, of course we can’t continue to go with no production. At some point, we’ll have to make a decision, and we’re talking through that now.

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Im going to Abreu.

Not catching that easy foul pop.

Would have been the 2nd out. Instead run ended up scoring on sac fly .

Run was earned.  Next batter got a hit anyway.

Maybe we should make the Astros theme song Roxanne. It seems every time I tune into a game late, I miss all the good parts, someone's bleeding on the floor, the pies are burning in the oven, someone's as high as a kite and the whole place is on fire...