We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey.

Rimbo

On 4/15/2024 at 12:28 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Sad bastard music.

I don't know if this was Jack Black's first role, but it was the one that really broke him out, wasn't it? Stole every goddamn scene so hard.

How does Cusack not lose it in these scenes? I can only figure that since he only ever has that sad puppy dog eyes look (and tbf is a VERY good dad puppy dog eyes look; 9,237 high-grossing romcoms don't lie) he's just laughing on the inside.

A little Dick, who was perfectly cast as well.

Marie de Salle's playing. You remember I told you about her. I like her. She's kind of Sheryl Crow-ish crossed with a post-Partridge Family pre-L.A. Law Susan Dey kind of thing, but, you know, uh, black.

One of my favorite movies.  They're actually showing it at the Alamo a few times this month if you're interested.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hi, do you have the song "I Just Called To Say I Love You?" It's for my daughter's birthday.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW YOUR DAUGHTER? There's no WAY she likes that song!

...uhohhmm... is she in a coma?

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I don't know if this was Jack Black's first role, but it was the one that really broke him out, wasn't it? Stole every goddamn scene so hard.

How does Cusack not lose it in these scenes? I can only figure that since he only ever has that sad puppy dog eyes look (and tbf is a VERY good dad puppy dog eyes look; 9,237 high-grossing romcoms don't lie) he's just laughing on the inside.

He was in a lot of notable movies in the mid-90s prior to High Fidelity.

But yeah, he wasn't doing the "Jack Black" thing until this movie.

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

Yeah. I'm astonished how long his CV is before this movie, going back to cereal commercials as a kid. But this was the "Hey who is that guy stealing every scene" movie. Like when Rickman played Gruber in Die Hard.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, F250 said:

Mr show with Bob and David and the tenacious d show had both already aired on HBO before this movie came out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe my favorite of the whole movie

Rob, top five musical crimes perpetuated by Stevie Wonder in the '80s and '90s go.  Sub-question!: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins? Is it better to burn out than to fade away?!?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1