TCU @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

A good ejection is a wonderful thing. Are there any other sports where you can lay into the officials and energize the building with 0 sporting penalty?

Hell it actually makes us better because now Pierce is gone for the last two innings. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

What’s hilarious is if they reviewed it and he’s out (which he was because the ball did hit him), Pierce would be out there arguing with them about that after the review.

You can't invent hypotheticals to get mad at Pierce about. Plenty of other things to knock him on. 

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

The last 3 outs will determine our season/Pierces career

This feels like hyperbole

16 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Why do you need one?    Everybody knows the ball hit him.  He is throwing a tantrum over semantics.

Well the umps didn’t know it hit him apparently. They didn’t make any call on the field. That’s ridiculous to not get a review when no call was made.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well the umps didn’t know it hit him apparently. They didn’t make any call on the field. That’s ridiculous to not get a review when no call was made.

Is it even reviewable? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Well you were implying that this means Pierce will now keep his job. I am not so sure about that. I still think he is in major jeopardy unless he gets us into a regional and we look good. 

No i meant we lose this series and the chances of making a regional likely nil

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why wouldn’t it be?

Was just asking. You’ve seen coaches lose their shit or try to challenge things that aren’t actually reviewable. Not often but it happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Bizarro season. 1-5 on conference Fridays. 5-1 in conference series’. Nightmare non-conference performance. They certainly know how to turn it on when things are on the line, but it’s hardly enough to dig out of holes they create for themselves 

Edited by UnhappilyMarried
  • Hook 'Em 1

We win just one of those 8 Q4 games we lost and things look very different right now. Don’t even want to think about if we won 2 or 3 of them.

We are going to need to win 18 or 19 conference games to get our RPI in respectable territory.

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Bizarro season. 1-5 on conference Fridays. 5-1 in conference series’. Nightmare non-conference performance. They certainly know how to turn it on when things are on the line, but it’s hardly enough to dig out of holes they create for themselves 

It's almost like they don't even try to win on Tuesdays and Fridays. 

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

while bizarro is somewhat true, I think you are overestimating how they can turn it on when things are on the line.  This conference sucks ass which is why we are muddling our way through some of the series.

I'll take the series wins but they don't really tell us much due to the competition.

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

It's almost like they don't even try to win on Tuesdays and Fridays. 

This Friday was an excusable loss - just got dominated by a top-tier pitcher - but most of them are head scratchers.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

while bizarro is somewhat true, I think you are overestimating how they can turn it on when things are on the line.  This conference sucks ass which is why we are muddling our way through some of the series.

I'll take the series wins but they don't really tell us much due to the competition.

The conference sucking makes the non-conference underperformance even more damning. We pissed away every opportunity to build a good RPI base. Every 2-1 weekend performance vs a middling Big 12 team is immediately cancelled by the next q4 home loss. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It doesn’t appear by a cursory reading of the rules that whether or not a batter ball hits a base runner is reviewable by a head coaches challenge 

I find it hard to believe a ball potentially hitting a runner doesn’t fall under “all baserunning rules”

IMG_7923.thumb.jpeg.f2f45e6b5da2472afc7d50ba485520ab.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It doesn’t appear by a cursory reading of the rules that whether or not a batter ball hits a base runner is reviewable by a head coaches challenge 

I also did not see it in the reviewable plays allowed.