Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread

bolverk

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Great. I don’t care.  You and your ilk think a lot of stupid shit.  

Why did you change your handle?

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Examples of Frank Drebin’s racist posting history?

lol search Johnny Sack and have at it

also interesting that someone with multiple handles is defending someone with multiple handles

Edited by Sawbonz

Posted (edited)

Didn’t he change his username bc it became synonymous with being a racist cunt?  That’s the move of a weak minded pussy, which many racists happen to be. 

Edited by hookemATL
Apologies if it was the woke mob’s fault.

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Oh I don’t mean in public. I’m positive that would be strongly condemned 

It wasn’t at OU. Nobody attempted to stop the drunken idiots from singing and there were many more including girls that were singing that weren’t on camera. If any drunken idiot tried to start up that song, it would’ve been stopped quickly with force if need be. 

No, we never fired up a choir sesh with that song, were asked to, or were required to do so. 

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Didn’t he change his username bc it became synonymous with being a racist cunt?  That’s the move of a weak minded pussy, which many racists happen to be. 

I’m sure John Sacrimone said some heinous shit on The Sopranos, but I’m hardly gonna fault Frank Drebin for it. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

It wasn’t at OU. Nobody attempted to stop the drunken idiots from singing and there were many more including girls that were singing that weren’t on camera. If any drunken idiot tried to start up that song, it would’ve been stopped quickly with force if need be. 

No, we never fired up a choir sesh with that song, were asked to, or were required to do so. 

20 years ago shit like that wouldn’t have been caught on camera

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

20 years ago shit like that wouldn’t have been caught on camera

Well it was between 24 and 28 years ago, I’m aware there were no camera phones, and you’ll just have to take my word for it that nobody did shit like that. We were too busy getting drunk and ass. 

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

Well it was between 24 and 28 years ago, I’m aware there were no camera phones, and you’ll just have to take my word for it that nobody did shit like that. We were too busy getting drunk and ass. 

Were you at UT 28 years ago?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bolverk said:

You'd get no argument from me. Can we extend it to folks who shout Islamophobic shit, too?

Or how about we be consistent by also calling out posters on this board who like to dip their toes in the hate pool with not-so-playful "jokes" so that we, as an online community, don't start resembling the racist idiots on SECrant and Texags? I mean, The University of Texas is supposed to set a higher standard, right?

The difference between us and those boards is people will call them out here. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3

Some actual news:

A weekend of graduations begins with a disruption at Michigan.

image.thumb.png.ddebc9b80e567a953e78d8046ed2ce8c.png

Pro-Palestinian protesters briefly interrupted a graduation ceremony at the University of Michigan on Saturday, as universities holding commencements braced for more tensions generated over the war in Gaza.

Dozens of pro-Palestinian supporters in kaffiyeh and graduation caps could be seen unfurling and holding up Palestinian flags in the aisles of the ceremony at Michigan Stadium, as a speaker invoked the school’s “Go Blue” slogan. Protesters marched down the center aisle toward the stage, chanting: “Regents, regents, you can’t hide! You are funding genocide!”

One person in the audience could be heard yelling back, “You’re ruining our graduation!” Some patrons sitting in private boxes hung Israeli flags from their seats, as university police blocked the protesters from moving closer to the stage and pushed them toward a section in the back of the venue.

Overhead, a plane flying the message “divest from Israel now! Free Palestine!” circled the stadium. Another plane with a banner offered a different message: “We stand with Israel. Jewish lives matter.”

The university in Ann Arbor is just one of many schools that have wrestled with how to handle student protests in recent weeks. They include Indiana University Bloomington, Northeastern University and Ohio State University, which are also set to hold graduation ceremonies this weekend.

At Ohio State, 38 people have been arrested, according to a tally by The Times. At Indiana University, 57, and at Northeastern University, 98.

The turmoil has added another complicated layer to graduation for students, many of whom had their high school senior-year celebrations abruptly cut short by the coronavirus pandemic in 2020.

Universities have tried to ensure against major disruptions. Some schools plan to set up designated areas for protests, in a bid to allow the ceremonies to go forward without quashing free speech.

And some schools — like Northeastern’s ceremony at Fenway Park — are adhering to strict rules limiting what can be brought inside the large ceremony venues. (Many graduation venues already had limitations in place long before the protests.)

The University of Michigan trained volunteers working at the school’s 54 ceremonies on “how to manage disruptions.”

“This might include asking someone to relocate a sign or to otherwise stop ongoing disruptive behavior,” said Colleen Mastony, a spokeswoman for the University of Michigan. She added, “Our goal is to support a successful and celebratory event.”

On Friday evening, a person not affiliated with the university was arrested after around 200 people gathered outside the University of Michigan Museum of Art to protest a dinner for recipients of honorary degrees, a spokeswoman for the university police department said.

At least two schools have altered their graduation ceremonies in light of the ongoing protests. The University of Vermont announced on Friday that Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, would no longer deliver a commencement address scheduled for later this month.

And the University of Southern California canceled its valedictorian’s commencement speech and appearances by celebrity speakers, then canceled its “main stage” commencement ceremony altogether, citing the possibility of disruptions. On Friday, the university announced a “Trojan Family Graduate Celebration” in the famed Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for graduates to attend instead.

Over the last academic year, schools across the country have met the protests of thousands of students in different ways: Some administrations have negotiated with demonstrators over their demands, while others have called in the police.

While many protests have stopped short of physical confrontations, clashes have included the occupation of a university hall at Columbia University, vulgar and racist taunts hurled by white students at protesters at the University of Mississippi and a violent attack by pro-Israel counterprotesters at the University of California, Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

The SEC and southern schools are getting better. The states are growing.  And the schools are attractive due to weather, better looking women, sports, and happier students with less screeching weirdos with purple hair and pierced septums.  There are all sorts of articles discussing how applications to southern schools have been exploding.  Them staying more open and having less restrictions during Covid was another factor. 

You think high schoolers are choosing where to go to college based on which states had fewer Covid protections? That's asinine. 

Just now, HornOnTheBayou said:

You think high schoolers are choosing where to go to college based on which states had fewer Covid protections? That's asinine. 

I think some kids who had part of their high school years ruined and didn’t have graduation ceremonies chose southern schools because of less Covid restrictions.  They didn’t want to go to schools that were shutdown.  I doubt it’s a factor now. But it was.  

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Not really. Related, but more to the point, graduates who are having their graduations cancelled due to this protest nonsense are the same kids that had their HS graduation ceremonies cancelled in ‘20. 

• Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Some actual news:

A weekend of graduations begins with a disruption at Michigan.

image.thumb.png.ddebc9b80e567a953e78d8046ed2ce8c.png

Pro-Palestinian protesters briefly interrupted a graduation ceremony at the University of Michigan on Saturday, as universities holding commencements braced for more tensions generated over the war in Gaza.

Dozens of pro-Palestinian supporters in kaffiyeh and graduation caps could be seen unfurling and holding up Palestinian flags in the aisles of the ceremony at Michigan Stadium, as a speaker invoked the school’s “Go Blue” slogan. Protesters marched down the center aisle toward the stage, chanting: “Regents, regents, you can’t hide! You are funding genocide!”

One person in the audience could be heard yelling back, “You’re ruining our graduation!” Some patrons sitting in private boxes hung Israeli flags from their seats, as university police blocked the protesters from moving closer to the stage and pushed them toward a section in the back of the venue.

Overhead, a plane flying the message “divest from Israel now! Free Palestine!” circled the stadium. Another plane with a banner offered a different message: “We stand with Israel. Jewish lives matter.”

The university in Ann Arbor is just one of many schools that have wrestled with how to handle student protests in recent weeks. They include Indiana University Bloomington, Northeastern University and Ohio State University, which are also set to hold graduation ceremonies this weekend.

At Ohio State, 38 people have been arrested, according to a tally by The Times. At Indiana University, 57, and at Northeastern University, 98.

The turmoil has added another complicated layer to graduation for students, many of whom had their high school senior-year celebrations abruptly cut short by the coronavirus pandemic in 2020.

Universities have tried to ensure against major disruptions. Some schools plan to set up designated areas for protests, in a bid to allow the ceremonies to go forward without quashing free speech.

And some schools — like Northeastern’s ceremony at Fenway Park — are adhering to strict rules limiting what can be brought inside the large ceremony venues. (Many graduation venues already had limitations in place long before the protests.)

The University of Michigan trained volunteers working at the school’s 54 ceremonies on “how to manage disruptions.”

“This might include asking someone to relocate a sign or to otherwise stop ongoing disruptive behavior,” said Colleen Mastony, a spokeswoman for the University of Michigan. She added, “Our goal is to support a successful and celebratory event.”

On Friday evening, a person not affiliated with the university was arrested after around 200 people gathered outside the University of Michigan Museum of Art to protest a dinner for recipients of honorary degrees, a spokeswoman for the university police department said.

At least two schools have altered their graduation ceremonies in light of the ongoing protests. The University of Vermont announced on Friday that Linda Thomas-Greenfield, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, would no longer deliver a commencement address scheduled for later this month.

And the University of Southern California canceled its valedictorian’s commencement speech and appearances by celebrity speakers, then canceled its “main stage” commencement ceremony altogether, citing the possibility of disruptions. On Friday, the university announced a “Trojan Family Graduate Celebration” in the famed Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for graduates to attend instead.

Over the last academic year, schools across the country have met the protests of thousands of students in different ways: Some administrations have negotiated with demonstrators over their demands, while others have called in the police.

While many protests have stopped short of physical confrontations, clashes have included the occupation of a university hall at Columbia University, vulgar and racist taunts hurled by white students at protesters at the University of Mississippi and a violent attack by pro-Israel counterprotesters at the University of California, Los Angeles.

What fucking assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, Deej said:

Shit, I wish I'd had an excuse to miss my graduation ceremonies. 

I went to the one for my college. I was too drunk by the time the main one got started

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

It's el  la dia antes del cinco de Mayo.

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

The SEC and southern schools are getting better. The states are growing.  And the schools are attractive due to weather, better looking women, sports, and happier students with less screeching weirdos with purple hair and pierced septums.  There are all sorts of articles discussing how applications to southern schools have been exploding.  Them staying more open and having less restrictions during Covid was another factor. 

Yes, the deep south is known worldwide for having better weather, and prettier women than California or Arizona.

*fewer

53 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Anecdotes are fun. HP has a huge UGA pipeline. A lot of those kids got into UT. A gal was accepted to Yale from HP, but not UT. That was 5 years ago. 

I'm sure there's no way she was a legacy and daddy or daddy's Yale Alum business partner helped to get her into Yale.

Also, Texas was just named a "new ivy" by Forbes...

Link

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Yes, the deep south is known worldwide for having better weather, and prettier women than California or Arizona.

*fewer

I'm sure there's no way she was a legacy and daddy or daddy's Yale Alum business partner helped to get her into Yale.

Link

The increase in applications for Southern schools is coming from applicants in the North and Midwest.  Not the West.  

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I went to the one for my college. I was too drunk by the time the main one got started

Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

*fewer

Link

BOMC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

The increase in applications for Southern schools is coming from applicants in the North and Midwest.  Not the West.  

So?  Not sure what that has to do with you claiming the SEC has better weather and prettier women than the Pac-12 (RIP).

I mean I guess if you like oppressive humidity, but that's not my jam.  And when I lived in Charlotte I dated a former Auburn cheerleader, and she was hot, but not USC cheerleader hot.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

*fewer

Link

My buddies and I used to take road trips to visit our mutual friend at Auburn and it was a total smoke show everywhere. Their accents alone almost made me transfer there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Did the guy find out from the ole miss student body or the Twitter verse?

I don’t understand smart affluent kids going to places like ole miss and bama but hey maybe their path is already paved if they’re rich

All three of those schools are more acclaimed than Texas.  Change that 1250 to 1450

Bama has a very pretty campus, hot girls and a great football program. UGA has the same and is a pipeline to Atlanta jobs. They also have a traditional college social scene with traditional college students (meaning not a lot of part-timers or older students). OU and Arkansas give great financial aid packages to good students from Texas. There is a huge LSU alumni base in Houston and it’s a natural draw for kids of their alums. Ole Miss is a great party school and Auburn has a good engineering program.

There are a shit ton more attractive traditional college experiences to be had in the SEC than schools other than UT in Texas. No one wants to go to Lubbock. Cougar High and UTD are commuter schools with lots of non-traditional students. Baylor and TCU are private and Christian which is a turnoff for some. Rice is elite but is a small school with a a crappy football team and nerdy social scene. aggy is fucking weird. It’s a major problem for Texas that we don’t have a bunch of schools other than UT to offer what the other SEC schools provide. Cougar High tried to mandate that all freshman have to live on-campus. Great idea to change their commuter school reputation. Unfortunately for them, John Whitmire and other idiots raised a fuss about no longer catering to non-traditional students and they backed off. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

There are a shit ton more attractive traditional college experiences to be had in the SEC

And many will let you be as racist as you want to be 

Police treatment of a Dartmouth professor stirs anger and debate.

The video is jarring: A gray-haired woman tumbles, gets up to reach for her phone, held by police officers, and is yanked and taken to the ground. “Are you kidding me?” a bystander asks.

“What are they doing to her?” another adds.

Annelise Orleck, a labor historian who has taught at Dartmouth College for more than three decades, was at a protest for Palestinians in Gaza on Wednesday night, when she was knocked to the ground. Dr. Orleck, 65, was zip-tied and was one of 90 people who were arrested, according to the local police.

The professor walked away with a case of whiplash. But a short video clip of the episode flew around the internet, intensifying the debate over the relatively swift decision by Dartmouth’s president, Sian Leah Beilock, to call in police to arrest students and clear out an encampment.

Unlike other campuses where tents were tolerated for days, the police action at Dartmouth began a little more than two hours after the encampment first appeared, according to the college’s newspaper, The Dartmouth, and students who observed the events on Wednesday.

Dr. Beilock defended her decision.

“Last night, people felt so strongly about their beliefs that they were willing to face disciplinary action and arrest,” Dr. Beilock said in a message to campus on Thursday. “While there is bravery in that, part of choosing to engage in this way is not just acknowledging — but accepting — that actions have consequences.”

Dr. Beilock did not directly address the treatment of Dr. Orleck, who called the message “outrageous.”

“Her actions have consequences, too,” Dr. Orleck said in an interview. “The campus is in an uproar. Neither the students nor the faculty have been as radicalized in a long time as they’re feeling today.”

“I’ve been teaching here for 34 years,” she added. “There have been many protests, but I’ve never, ever seen riot police called to the green.” Dartmouth declined to comment on the incident.

How to handle the encampments has become a grinding challenge for university administrators. Earlier this month, the decision by Columbia University’s president to call in police stirred up protests at campuses across the country.

Demonstrations over the war in Gaza have led to more than 2,000 arrests over the last two weeks at universities across the country, according to a New York Times tally. The arrests have also angered some faculty, who have sometimes stepped in to try to help students.

The police in Hanover, N.H., the home of Dartmouth, said that the arrested included students and nonstudents, but did not provide a breakdown. The charges included criminal trespassing and resisting arrest. When the Hanover Police Department and the state police asked students to disperse, some did and others didn’t, police officials said.

It was unclear what disciplinary action, if any, the arrested students would face from the university.

Dr. Orleck said she was charged with criminal trespass and temporarily banned from campus, as a condition of her bail. The college’s administrators said on Thursday that the suspension was an error in the bail process, which they were working to fix.

In her message, Dr. Beilock strongly defended the decision to sweep away the encampment. And, she said, a key demand of protesters — that trustees vote on divestment from companies connected with Israel — violated the rules for making such decisions.

“Dartmouth’s endowment is not a political tool,” she said, “and using it to take sides on such a contested issue is an extraordinarily dangerous precedent to set.”

Dr. Orleck, who once served as the head of Jewish studies at the university, said she had watched with unease as police confrontations with student protesters escalated across the country.

She said she wanted to be at the Dartmouth protest because as an older Jewish professor — joined by many other older Jewish professors — her presence, she thought, could help keep her students safe.

As the police moved in, arresting students, Dr. Orleck said she started taking videos.

“I said to them, and I said it with some anger, ‘Leave our students alone. They’re students. They’re not criminals,’” she said. “The next thing I knew, I was rushed from the back.”

Messages left for the local and state police were not immediately returned.

One of the short viral videos begins with Dr. Orleck tumbling to the ground. She gets up. She moves toward an officer with her hand extended — grasping for her phone, she said. She is jerked and knocked down again. It is unclear what took place before the video begins.

Ivy Schweitzer, a recently retired English professor at the college, said the situation took a turn when campus security stepped back, and outside law enforcement moved in to make the arrests.

Dr. Orleck, she said, was recording the police with her phone.

“Annelise would never be physical with a police officer,” Dr. Schweitzer said. “But she would put her phone in their face, and I’m sure they wouldn’t like that.”

5 minutes ago, Poester said:

My buddies and I used to take road trips to visit our mutual friend at Auburn and it was a total smoke show everywhere. Their accents alone almost made me transfer there. 

See my post above yours.  I've lived in North Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, and California....it's not even close.

35 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Not really.  The kids that go to the southern schools probably factored that in

19 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

*fewer

Link

I think California girls may be a bit too diverse for some.   I have no doubt the sec has a better ratio 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So?  Not sure what that has to do with you claiming the SEC has better weather and prettier women than the Pac-12 (RIP).

I mean I guess if you like oppressive humidity, but that's not my jam.  And when I lived in Charlotte I dated a former Auburn cheerleader, and she was hot, but not USC cheerleader hot.

I didn’t claim that.  I said southern schools were improving.  And getting more applications due to those factors.  I didn’t say it was at expense of pac 12 schools.  There’s all sorts of articles on this.  Believe what you want.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

You’re delusional if you think our peer schools in the SEC — UF, UGA and Vandy are more racist than UT.

They are now all our peer schools. We didn’t form a new conference with those 3. But hey more money I guess

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

They are now all our peer schools. We didn’t form a new conference with those 3. But hey more money I guess

And much better football, fan experience at road games and closer cultural fit. It’s a win-win on every level.

Just now, Macklemore said:

And much better football, fan experience at road games and closer cultural fit. It’s a win-win on every level.

As long as you don’t mind associating with people who call black folk monkeys

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

All three of those schools are more acclaimed than Texas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emmawhitford/2024/04/29/the-new-ivies-as-employers-sour-on-the-super-elite-these-20-colleges-shine/?sh=47b788ed438f

The New Ivies: As Employers Sour On The Super-Elite, These 20 Colleges Shine

The Ivy League is losing its standing as America’s producer of great talent. Here are the schools producing the hard-working high achievers that employers crave.

For the entirety of America’s existence, the Ivy League has provided an essential service. In sorting the best and the brightest upon admission and then rigorously educating them, these “Ancient Eight” universities have provided employers, investors and even voters a meritocratic seal of approval. Some one-third of U.S. presidents and the current Forbes 400 list of richest Americans are Ivy alums, as well as eight sitting members of the Supreme Court.

But as evident just by reading or watching the news, something feels distinctly off on Ivy League campuses. The eight colleges have faced a barrage of complaints in recent years over admissions policies that put together a class of amalgamated specialists instead well-rounded, bright students; grade inflation at top schools Harvard and Yale; and most recently, university officials’ responses to on-campus protests against the war in Gaza.

So if the Ivies aren’t the Ivies anymore, which schools exactly are? Using an exclusive survey of hiring managers, Forbes introduces the New Ivies—the 10 public universities and 10 ascendant private ones turning out the smart, driven graduates craved by employers of all types.

Our methodology was as follows. After disqualifying the Ivies (and we used the Ivy-plus yardstick, which includes Stanford, MIT, Duke and the University of Chicago, as well as the eight classics Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Penn, Columbia, Dartmouth and Cornell), we started with 1,743 colleges of at least 4,000 students (understanding that small liberal arts schools have always offered a more boutique experience and are hard to compare with research universities). Using 2022 admissions data, the most recent available, we then screened for schools with high standardized test scores (our New Ivies average a robust 1482 SAT and 33 ACT) and where at least half the applicants supplied the scores, regardless of whether they were required to do so for admission—in other words, places that still rely heavily on objective measures of success.

We also screened with a selectivity yardstick (below a 20% admission rate at private schools, 50% at publics). And then from there, we took the 32 remaining schools and surveyed our hiring manager respondents about each one.

Many of the schools on our list are well known; Johns Hopkins and University of Michigan have long been considered Ivy caliber institutions, while Vanderbilt, Rice and Emory are often referred to as Southern Ivies. Others like New York’s Binghamton University are already respected in their geographic areas, but now are attracting wider notice.

Data Research: Rina Torchinsky

THE PUBLIC IVIES

・Binghamton University (New York)

・Georgia Institute of Technology

・University of Florida

・University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

・University of Maryland-College Park

・University of Michigan-Ann Arbor

・University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill

・University of Texas-Austin

・University of Virginia

・University of Wisconsin-Madison

These 10 state universities, spread across the U.S., attract high-achievers and turn out hard-working, highly-regarded employees. (Military academies were not included in our analysis. California universities were excluded because they don’t consider test scores.)

THE NEW PRIVATE IVIES

・Boston College (Massachusetts)

・Carnegie Mellon University (Pennsylvania)

・Emory University (Georgia)

・Georgetown University (Washington, DC)

・Johns Hopkins University (Maryland)

・Northwestern University (Illinois)

・Rice University (Texas)

・University of Notre Dame (Indiana)

・University of Southern California

・Vanderbilt University (Tennessee)

These 10 private schools, located in nine states and Washington D.C., are attracting the smartest students and plaudits from employers. Our analysis excluded schools with fewer than 4,000 students, the eight old Ivies and four Ivy-plus schools—Stanford, MIT, Duke and Chicago.

Let’s not act like they are they are that much “more acclaimed” please.

Just now, Poester said:

You’re never been to Utah and it shows. 

I’m pretty sure we had already given notice when the big 12 added BYU, but yeah i wasn’t in favor of bringing them in

Also we’ve been to Zion. Absolutely beautiful but holy shit the little town on the east side of the park had a total Deliverance feel

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

No clue. But it’s insane nonetheless as this gal was an academic stud but just outside 6%. 

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m pretty sure we had already given notice when the big 12 added BYU, but yeah i wasn’t in favor of bringing them in

Also we’ve been to Zion. Absolutely beautiful but holy shit the little town on the east side of the park had a total Deliverance feel

I was referring to the Ute’s large Mormon student body, but honestly I really sidetracked this thread. Day drinking wins again. 

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You sure?  Are we closer to ole miss or Berkeley?

We’re much more like UGA, UF, Tennessee and Alabama than Berkeley. Hopefully, UNC and UVA join the SEC soon. They fit in very well with us. So does Michigan but they won’t join the SEC. Our fans would have hated being in the PAC 12. Thank God that never happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We’re much more like UGA, UF, Tennessee and Alabama than Berkeley. Hopefully, UNC and UVA join the SEC soon. They fit in very well with us. So does Michigan but they won’t join the SEC. Our fans would have hated being in the PAC 12. Thank God that never happened. 

Oh really, you speak for all of us?  

Perhaps, you should have said "some" of our fans would have hated being in the PAC 12.  

Some of us fans, me included, would much rather travel to away games in Tucson, LA, the Bay Area, Seattle, and Oregon, as opposed to Starkville, Gainsville, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Oxford, and Fayetteville.  But hey, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• bolverk changed the title to Worldwide Israel/Palestine War Protests Thread