Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.)

surlybevo

Congrats to everyone for being here before Coinbase went public. I think it’ll be seen as a watershed day as far as public awareness and money involved in the space. This is serious business now. 

I also think it’s going to be eye opening for other financial services companies to have already seen their financials and now see their valuation going forward. They’re going to want to get more involved going forward. How could you not if you’re ceo of another bank or exchange?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

GBTC has been such trash lately... disconnecting itself. It's been trading at a big discount and today although BTC is down less than a % GBTC down close to 6%. In theory it should be a good buy but I'm not so sure anymore.

Yes it’s puzzling. Grayscale has announced they will transition it to an etf whenever it’s allowed so theoretically you’re truly buying at a discount currently. Doesn’t make it fun to follow though. 

• Fuck You 1

The DOGE climb is entertaining but overall seems bad for crypto. DOGE is called a joke because that it what the founder meant it to be. However fundamentally its no different that other store-of-value coins but the media will report that a "fake" coin is something like >5x for the week.

Now I wish I hadn't dismissed it several years ago.

In addition to doge, some older coins have experienced some recent growth for unknown reasons: bitcoin cash, bitcoin sv, dash, neo, miota. It’s like someone took recommendations from spring 2018 and dropped some serious money on them.  Vechain and it’s gas coin, vtho, have skyrocketed this year. Both are old coins as well.

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In addition to doge, some older coins have experienced some recent growth for unknown reasons: bitcoin cash, bitcoin sv, dash, neo, miota. It’s like someone took recommendations from spring 2018 and dropped some serious money on them.  Vechain and it’s gas coin, vtho, have skyrocketed this year. Both are old coins as well.

I’ve seen it called Dino season. 

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

What are the thoughts on Hoge Coin?  I mean they are giving away 25 million on Twitter this week, that can’t be good for the price right?

No idea. Never heard of it. Looks to be a very small cap coin which I avoid.

On another note, I’m laughing at bitcoin maximalists on Twitter this week. Claiming alt coin holders will ultimately get wrecked. Some of the are sad people. I don’t understand why they can’t see that any crypto success is good for all. I guess other crypto success takes away from their future billionaire status. Btw, I’m 75% in btc but recognize that some alts could be relatively close to btc someday. I just don’t know which ones. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

I think Schiff is right.  DOGE is better at being BTC than BTC is at being BTC--with respect to % return.

I'm holding.  If it ever hits $2000, I'll sell.  Crypto is all funny money to me.  

Hold up, you’re waiting for Doge to hit $2000? Take profits guys. I’m all about holding shitcoins for the moon shot, but I’m pretty sure you just got it. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No idea. Never heard of it. Looks to be a very small cap coin which I avoid.

On another note, I’m laughing at bitcoin maximalists on Twitter this week. Claiming alt coin holders will ultimately get wrecked. Some of the are sad people. I don’t understand why they can’t see that any crypto success is good for all. I guess other crypto success takes away from their future billionaire status. Btw, I’m 75% in btc but recognize that some alts could be relatively close to btc someday. I just don’t know which ones. 

I skew maybe a little more BTC maximalist than you. About 80% BTC. I hold the other stuff for fun and to follow what’s developing, but I don’t anticipate anything approaching BTC’s level of adoption and development. 

The whole maxi thing on Twitter is kind of weird. I get that they see other cryptos as diverting energy from the best shot at decentralized money happening, but they’re some hardcore zealots. I guess that’s the point. 

20 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

Rate/Destroy my wallets, coinbase and bittrex. I know nothing about any of these coins. I got into holding crypto through the humbl etx's I posted previously. I'm curious if there are any thoughts from more knowledgeable coin bros.

image.thumb.png.e730dceaf08885bba39fd2e4f0841148.pngimage.png.8214f6080f76012209728dcfbf765d13.png

No opinion about omg or tezos. If you have eth and cardano, I would also buy DOT. All 3 are vying for the smart contract/application layer. You cover your bases owning all 3. At least for now.

I’ve given up on EOS.  LINK is very solid. I’m unsure of litecoin. I have a couple of them just in case it does something.

I would bump up btc and eth to 60-70%.

but as they say on YouTube, this isn’t financial advice. Only for entertainment.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve hyped this channel below but this guy delivers good info. I will warn you, it’s hard not to buy cryptos after watching a video or two.

on a side note: if you rode this DOGE roller coaster this week, sell some of it for profits. You might think some of it is funny money but it’s also nice to pay off your car or buy a more “conservative“ crypto.

2 hours ago, cam4mav said:

Rate/Destroy my wallets, coinbase and bittrex. I know nothing about any of these coins. I got into holding crypto through the humbl etx's I posted previously. I'm curious if there are any thoughts from more knowledgeable coin bros.

image.thumb.png.e730dceaf08885bba39fd2e4f0841148.pngimage.png.8214f6080f76012209728dcfbf765d13.png

Let me start off by saying that I’m just an anonymous internet asshole and my advice could be totally wrong. ANYTHING can pump in crypto and can pump far more than you’d ever expect:  see Doge.

All that said, I’m not really a fan of any of those bags other than BTC or Eth. I don’t see any of those outperforming BTC or eth. If any of them pump hard again while you’re holding them I would for sure sell them. 

My approach outside BTC has been to hold a few blue chip DeFi coins as I feel they have at least a chance of outperforming BTC and/or Eth if the DeFi thing has real legs. I also own a handful of small caps in DeFi looking for moonshots mostly selected via screening Crypto Twitter. I’m not a tech expert or anything. 

my shitcoins

DCR- one I’ve held since 2017.

DeFi blue chips- SNX, AAVE

Moonshots

DUCK (unit protocol)

FXF

STAKE

RGT

DIA

ROOK

MTA

• Fuck You 1

All good! I have zero emotional attachment to any of them. I don't know what most are even. Commentary is appreciated.

Those are all selected by the HUMBL Index blocks and Thematic blocks. Basically held like a mutual fund and they re adjust periodically what each one will hold and will rebalance my wallets accordingly. Fun little experiment to dip my toe into crypto.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

... If you have eth and cardano, I would also buy DOT. ...

... I’m unsure of litecoin. ...

I owned a good bit of litecoin for years and it didn't do much of anything.  Then my son started getting interested in crypto a few months ago and I started re-evaluating my holdings.  I liquidated my underperforming litecoin completely and bought AAVE with those funds.  Fucking Litecoin comes alive after I sell it and AAVE swirls the toilet.  F me.  I really like DOT (Polkadot) mostly because the staking offered on the Kraken platform is making a steady 11-12% APY regardless of appreciation/price action.

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

... my shitcoins

...AAVE ...

Grrrr... (see above).  I never heard of anything else you listed.

Edited by bernorange