Tell me about Rochester, NY

bolverk

I’ll be flying to Rochester, NY, tomorrow landing in the afternoon. Separately, my ex-wife and daughter will be flying in from Lubbock. We’re all going there to move the kid into the dorms at RIT. About half of my time will be spent helping the kid shop for whatever she needs (anticipate most of that will be Saturday afternoon), the other half I’ll be completely free to roam about alone. I’ll be there through Monday afternoon. I’ve never been there before but hear there might be some sights worth seeing. I’m definitely looking forward to a break from the heat.

Thanks in advance.

Lot’s of breweries have been popping up in rochester/buffalo the last few years. The area around Rohrbach is nice to walk around.  They’re one of the oldest breweries in the area but the beer is pretty average  

Rochester Red Wints have a game at 7 on saturday night and a day game at 1 on sunday. 

Cobbs Hill Park in brighton is nice and is close to twelve corners which has a lot of restaurants and bars nearby. Lot’s of cool older houses in that area as well  

I spend most of my time in Pittsford when I’m in town. I like drinking beers outside at Lock 32 Brewery on the Erie Canal.

Great golf options in the area of you’re a golfer. Mill Creek is a gem not far from RIT and dirt cheap to play.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lot’s of breweries have been popping up in rochester/buffalo the last few years. The area around Rohrbach is nice to walk around.  They’re one of the oldest breweries in the area but the beer is pretty average  

Rochester Red Wints have a game at 7 on saturday night and a day game at 1 on sunday. 

Cobbs Hill Park in brighton is nice and is close to twelve corners which has a lot of restaurants and bars nearby. Lot’s of cool older houses in that area as well  

I spend most of my time in Pittsford when I’m in town. I like drinking beers outside at Lock 32 Brewery on the Erie Canal.

Great golf options in the area of you’re a golfer. Mill Creek is a gem not far from RIT and dirt cheap to play.  

Solid recommendations. Thanks! 

How are the titters up there?

23 minutes ago, luke duke said:

How long until you fuck the ex?

I haven't spoken with her on the phone in two years. Our post-divorce "friendship" went to shit when she moved back to Lubbock from Austin.

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

When will the pics of college freshman girls be posted?

Dude it's RIT. All due respect to @bolverk, but not many schools with "Institute of Technology" in the name do very well in that regard. All the cute girls from upstate I've met went to Cuse, UofR or one of the SUNYs.

She'll probably outearn all of them, though.

Arrived here about 4:30 local time and went straight to the hotel for a badly needed nap. After that, I drove up the highway to Zoc's and then decided to drive up to see a Lake Ontario. It had an ocean vibe but the smell in the air was more organic than the Gulf but certainly not gross.

20180810_204513.jpg
20180810_204459.jpg
20180810_204040.jpg
20180810_203956.jpg
20180810_203922.jpg
ammonium sulfate molar mass

13 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Letchworth State Park is an hour south of town

middle-falls-of-letchworth-state-park-ma

Very strange to see this picture on a Longhorn site. I grew up in a town that borders the park. A lot of childhood memories. My favorite was fishing at the trout pond in the park with my Grandpa. The train bridge in the picture is the old one. New one was completed in 2017. 

Was at Letchworth last month with the wife and kids and did some hiking along the Genesee River below the lower falls. My son (pictured) and daughter had a blast skipping stones across the water.

bhpon.jpg

This stone bridge (picture is from the park's website) in the park was built in 1935. In the early 70s, the water of the river rose over the bridge due to a storm.

30a4684.jpg