San Antonio

TexasHooch

If y'all ever make it up to Boerne, Peggy's is legit.  It's in the Bohanan's family, but more laid back.  Shrimp and grits are spectacular. 
And I don't know too many places that make chess pie. 

Peggy’s is awesome. We ate there twice when we were down in Boerne for my wedding in 2017. Love it.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

has the area around it gotten better? haven't been there since pre-COVID

Oh, sure.  Southeast San Antonio is an internationally renowned garden spot. Heavy equipment dealers, diesel repair shops, mountain chains of crushed concrete with rebar tentacles and a Walmart.  I’m relocating there as soon as I can. 

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Oh, sure.  Southeast San Antonio is an internationally renowned garden spot. Heavy equipment dealers, diesel repair shops, mountain chains of crushed concrete with rebar tentacles and a Walmart.  I’m relocating there as soon as I can. 

The southeast side is pretty in a weird way. Sure it’s kind of hood but that Pecan Valley/ Highlands HS area is surprisingly hilly with some older big lot neighborhoods and tall trees to be found. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The southeast side is pretty in a weird way. Sure it’s kind of hood but that Pecan Valley/ Highlands HS area is surprisingly hilly with some older big lot neighborhoods and tall trees to be found. 

What?  Are  you the president of the Southeast San Antonio Chamber of Commerce?

I'm mostly talking about the parts directly adjacent to 410 between IH-10 and IH-37.  It is not good excepting 2M and Pollo Asados los Nortenos on Rigsby. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I'm mostly talking about the parts directly adjacent to 410 between IH-10 and IH-37.  It is not good excepting 2M and Pollo Asados los Nortenos on Rigsby. 

I do think it’s pretty, but I’m not from a very scenic place either. I’m also taking more towards Southside lions park and pecan valley, there are some surprisingly nice older houses around there. Combine the hilly landscape, nearby amenities like Southcross & brooks city base, that huge park, the affordable homes, and the fact that it’s not (that) dangerous and it’s without question the most underrated part of the city. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s some other pretty good grub on WE White. Chatmans chicken being one of them.

But no, the area still looks like it is 1987.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Someone tell me what I’m ordering at Brasserie Mon Chou Chou

2 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

The cheese on fresh bread app, whatever it’s called. The duck is fantastic. I hear their steaks are badass too. Honestly everything I’ve had there has been amazing. 

I second the cheese raclette appetizer. It's great. One thing though.... they will change up the cheese that they use in the dish based one what is available. It's usually pretty mild but can be a great deal stronger if you're dining with someone who doesn't like strong cheeses.

I haven't had anything there that I didn't like (outside of one of the salads), but I usually order one of the specials for an entree. The coffee/chocolate/ sea salt caramel pot de creme dessert thing is pretty great.

• Hook 'Em 1