2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Tommy Nobis said:

We’re only 25% of the way through the season. I’ll worry once we hit the mid way point if he’s still in a funk.

I'm not worried about him. He'll probably hit .400 in June and get back into Altuve territory. 

The Rangers broadcasters are still the worst in baseball.  Lowell Galindo would be an improvement.

However...

It's damn good fun listening to these dipshits on a day when the Rangers offense is completely limp.

Edit: Also, Arlington is making a Han Gallo bobblehead.  Han Solo's torso and Joey Gallo's head.  No shit.

Edited by TexArcher

Decent outing by Keuchel. Good to see.

2 baserunners in the last 5 innings by my count.
Keuchel hasn't sucked as much as people around here want to think. He gave up bombs to Oakland after starting the game perfect through like 4 innings. He is down to 3.10 era.

He just doesn't strike out 12 a game and doesn't have a era under 2 so he sucks i guess.

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The Rangers broadcasters are still the worst in baseball.  Lowell Galindo would be an improvement.

However...

It's damn good fun listening to these dipshits on a day when the Rangers offense is completely limp.

Edit: Also, Arlington is making a Han Gallo bobblehead.  Han Solo's torso and Joey Gallo's head.  No shit.

Oh how the Rangers have fallen. Fuck Arlington.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Keuchel hasn't sucked as much as people around here want to think. He gave up bombs to Oakland after starting the game perfect through like 4 innings. He is down to 3.10 era.

He just doesn't strike out 12 a game and doesn't have a era under 2 so he sucks i guess.

He's one of the better pitchers in MLB, obviously. Not a flamethrower, but when he's on, he's mighty good. I do think that with his Cy Young win and position as one of the veterans on the staff, people expect a bit more of him than he delivered in April. Whether that's fair or not is another matter. I suspect the spectacular start by Cole, Morton and Verlander has made Keuchel seem like less than what he generally is.   

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Jake should be DFA'd between innings

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

I haven't even bothered to try the reverse jinx on him. I just don't think it's strong enough.

Mine wasn't a reverse jinx. Just a statement of fact