2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Correa being out for longer than originally thought could explain why they brought Tucker up kind of out of the blue.  If they knew they weren't going to have Marwin available for the outfield for awhile, seeing if Tucker can hit enough now makes sense before the trade deadline.

Edited by kevwun

13 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

She got a scoop. Hinch told her that we’ll have a couple of pitchers and a couple of position players on the all star team. I’m guessing Jose, Alex, Justin and, hopefully, CFM.

Also she got him to confirm Altuve will be the starting second baseman for the All-Star gameAlso she got him to confirm Altuve will be the starting second baseman for the All-Star game

17 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Also she got him to confirm Altuve will be the starting second baseman for the All-Star gameAlso she got him to confirm Altuve will be the starting second baseman for the All-Star game

Good scoop.  He was only the overall leading vote getter in the AL.

after watching replays of the yuli/marwin play, you always get nervous seeing the guy just start sprinting in from 3rd (suicide vs safety), especially with 2 strikes.  that said, all marwin needed to do was get a piece of it, which makes you feel safer than a hit and run on a normal swing and a guy running from first.  if marwin is bunting, you feel pretty good about staying out of a double play situation.  sure, a foul is a k, but yuli is safe back at 3rd as long as he gets a piece of the ball.

i'm sure giolito is wishing he threw something nasty in the dirt.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I literally love Hector Rondón. 

If he can truly be our go to closer then i don't think we have to make a trade at the deadline. Maybe find a lefthander for the bullpen, but i wouldn't give up anything of value. 

As Dominic Torreto says: "Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning."

Sometimes you just do enough to win and sometimes you do just enough to lose. This game is indicative of that, little things count....throwing a cockshot on an 0-2 count with a runner on third highlights that. 

Good work DK, great work CMac, and  Rondong, you are such a fresh breath of strikes. Keep rolling, this is an As team coming in who is pretty good. Now, I'm off to bang me some maze. It's Sunday night

Another question to ponder, there was thought about going after Jose abreu, I'm not so sure that's an option now. First, our Yuli is a better overall hitter and Evan has taken over the DH spot, it would seem. Granted abreu went up against our pitching staff, but you think that Gattis holds because I don't see us going after a power hitter off the bench and that's not abreu. 

It's gotta be another arm outta the pen, yeah?