Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Not interviewed (from NYT)

Additional people Senate Democrats wanted the F.B.I. to question but who are not known to have been interviewed

Dr. Blasey

Judge Kavanaugh

Julie Swetnick

The third woman to accuse Judge Kavanaugh of engaging in sexual misconduct. She said she observed him at parties where women were “gang raped.”

Elizabeth Rasor

Mr. Judge’s college girlfriend

Told The New Yorker Mr. Judge “told her ashamedly of an incident that involved him and other boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman.”

Dr. Elizabeth Swisher

Yale classmate

“I saw him very drunk many times and there is no way he remembers everything about every night.”

Lynne Brookes

Yale classmate and roommate of Ms. Ramirez

“It is not plausible to me that he remembers everything that he did when he was drinking.”

James Roche

Judge Kavanaugh’s roommate at time of the alleged incident with Ms. Ramirez

“Although Brett was normally reserved, he was a notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time.”

Richard Oh

Yale classmate

Told The New Yorker he overheard a female student telling another student about an incident similar to the one Ms. Ramirez described.

Mark Krasberg

Yale classmate

Said he has unsuccessfully been trying to get his “important evidence regarding the Debbie Ramirez investigation” into the right hands since Sept. 28.

Thomas Kane

Georgetown Prep classmate

Sean Hagan

Bernie McCarthy

Russell Ford

Dr. Blasey’s husband

Adela Gildo-Mazzon

Dr. Blasey’s friend

Jeremiah P. Hanafin

Polygraph examiner

Conducted polygraph examination of Dr. Blasey.

Keith Koegler

Friend of Dr. Blasey and Mr. Ford

Rebecca White

Friend of Dr. Blasey

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/01/us/politics/kavanaugh-fbi-investigation-witnesses.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

So was this about his beer consumption in college or the alleged sexual assault in high school?  I was under the impression the issue was the Ford allegation in high school. 

The scope of the investigation was to determine if he assualted Ford. They could not find any evidence he did. 

Her testimony was evidence.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck off, I don't dance for you.  you know damned well that the FBI was not allowed to talk to numerous persons with knowledge.  They could have done that within the week that they were allotted.  It was a fake investigation, to serve a fake party, with no fucking legitimacy.  Get fucked.

I just asked questions. I'm not name calling you or anything. So you think with more time they could have talked to more people about the alleged action. I can see that disheartening, and probably a month would have been enough time to actually talk to everyone then. 

9 minutes ago, retread said:

Who on that list could have helped the FBI determine if Ford’s allegation about an assault in high school took place? 

This assault allegedly took place before college so no one from Yale is a pertinent witness. 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

They could not find anything or anyone to support her testimony. I assume you do not believe allegation alone is enough to prove guilt? 

I've seen dozens of persons convicted of crimes based on testimony alone. And that's with a reasonable doubt standard.

23 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

They could not find anything or anyone to support her testimony. I assume you do not believe allegation alone is enough to prove guilt? 

Not if we're talking about taking someone's liberty.

But this is about a cushy lifetime job. A credible allegation and a not-very-convincing public denial/temper tantrum is more than enough to disqualify you for a seat on the Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

She was used.

She's a woman.

That's what the GOP does.

We win. That’s the truth. The coalition that is supposed to create the blue wave in Texas is highly dependent on Latinos. Lucky for us Latino Texans are much more conservative than their brethren in California. Additionally, their voter participation is very low too. The only real sector I’m concerned about is upper middle class whites, especially women abandoning the GOP. We can withstand some losses from women and we will have men vote for the GOP even if they wouldn’t it admit it publically. It blows my mind that Culberson is actually challenged in TX-7 when it has been reliably Republican since HW’s time. I hope he doesn’t lose his seat

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We win. That’s the truth. The coalition that is supposed to create the blue wave in Texas is highly dependent on Latinos. Lucky for us Latino Texans are much more conservative than their brethren in California. Additionally, their voter participation is very low too. The only real sector I’m concerned about is upper middle class whites, especially women abandoning the GOP. We can withstand some losses from women and we will have men vote for the GOP even if they wouldn’t it admit it publically. It blows my mind that Culberson is actually challenged in TX-7 when it has been reliably Republican since HW’s time. I hope he doesn’t lose his seat

Don't forget: you will lose.

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's just a snapshot of the kabuki theater this was:

You know it was a bullshit limited investigation, crafted in order to NOT find anything, but to allow the GOP to say exactly what you are saying.  If a judge issued an order in a case forbidding me to interview material witnesses, I'd have his ass flipped at the court of appeals in a heartbeat.

Keep it up. You'll get yours, and I'll react just like y'all do -- I'll enjoy every minute of it.

Lol. The FBI investigation you demanded. They have already done a full background check multiple times. The ONLY reason to reopen the probe was the FORD allegation which has proven at best baseless and at worst slander. 

This is exactly as predicted. Get what you want and then move the goal posts. 

Bless your heart Brisket. Momma can’t buy you that toy today. You can scream, stomp your feat and cry a river of tears, but momma ain’t gonna but you that toy. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, dOUblewide said:

Dems have slight edge as far as the popularity of their ideas and a significant advantage with demographics.....yet the pubs are the majority party more times than not in recent history. 

Ever stop and wonder why that is? 

This Kavanaugh circus is a perfect example. He was going to get confirmed no matter what. But in the process the Dems found a way to enrage the reds across the country and it could lesson the "wave" in november. 

the dems suck at politics.

awesome

Well, the Dems suck at getting a 2016 POTUS candidate through to the White House.  On that we can agree.

But I'll not for a minute take any comfort in the fact that some dumbshit in Bumfuck Montana has far more sway in the federal government than I do.  It's time to reset the Congress.  Fuck the rednecks with way too much say.

Why do people insist on debating Dr. Ford?

Either you’re capable of evaluating another person’s credibility on your own or you’re not. 

If you think she was lying fine.  Fucking say it.

But this “she was credible and telling the truth but Kavanaugh is innocent” is laughable.

Like I said before, what you believe is irrelevant in this case because half the country was heartbroken today.  This could have been prevented if only someone in a leadership position could handle not having Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. 

Apparently that ask was way too high. 

Why? 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Lol. The FBI investigation you demanded. They have already done a full background check multiple times. The ONLY reason to reopen the probe was the FORD allegation which has proven at best baseless and at worst slander. 
This is exactly as predicted. Get what you want and then move the goal posts. 
Bless your heart Brisket. Momma can’t buy you that toy today. You can scream, stomp your feat and cry a river of tears, but momma ain’t gonna but you that toy. 

Nah. Just gonna get revenge. Slow. And sweet. It will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy it.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Her testimony was evidence.

In that case she should have never been heard. 

5 witness denials. 

Changed number of witnesses. Changed The year. Changed Her age. Changed The location. Won’t provide her therapy notes. Needs two attorneys to tell her story. Lies about flying fear when she flew weeks earlier to take the polygraph recommended by her attorneys weeks before her name was leaked. But she wanted to remain anonymous. She lied about wanting a private hearing at home.

If that is what you consider eveidence I sure as hell hope you aren’t a lawyer.  

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I’m patient.

Your merciless pain and suffering will be worth the wait. Maybe not today. Or tomorrow. But someday. And the longer we wait, the worse we’ll make it.

I’m good with that. Revenge. Served cold. It’s best.

It's gonna be a big, fat, national health care law.

2 hours ago, Jag102 said:

Well they were really sweet the last 8 years. I guess you for forget the comment from President Obama "elections have consequences".

You dumb fuck.  You will be lucky to ever have a POTUS with the character, integrity and intellect of Obama ever again in your miserable fucking little life.  Be grateful.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's gonna be a big, fat, national health care law.

unconstitutional, brother.

5-4

might as well get t-shirts made, 5-4 is going to be a very used phrase.

Edited by yoladu

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i still can't get over it.

A nominee for the highest court in the land publically apologized for his behavior during his confirmation hearing....

and is rewarded with confirmation.

He was disrespectful toward Klobuchar. He lied repeatedly during questioning. Lying seems to be his default mode for questions about his character. He even went as far as lying about basic questions, like whether he watched Dr. Ford's testimony.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That means Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are unconstitutional.

Who wants to tell Nana?

If we're going to yank the rug out on social security, the boomers deserve to be generation that eats it. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, the Dems suck at getting a 2016 POTUS candidate through to the White House.  On that we can agree.

But I'll not for a minute take any comfort in the fact that some dumbshit in Bumfuck Montana has far more sway in the federal government than I do.  It's time to reset the Congress.  Fuck the rednecks with way too much say.

Herein lies the problem with the Democrats throughout the Presidential Election up to and including the Kavanaugh confirmation process. This kind of elitism BS is exactly what got them to pull the lever for Trump in the first place.

Why should your opinion matter more than some dude in Montana? Because your better educated? Because you live in a more densely populated city or state?

Fuck rednecks with too much say? They have the exact amount of say that you do. 1 vote. Are you saying their vote should count less? How much less? Your vote  = 100 % , their vote 50% of yours? Or 25%?

Get ready for more of dudes from Montana voting , some for the first time in their lives in November.

1 minute ago, Crusher said:

Herein lies the problem with the Democrats throughout the Presidential Election up to and including the Kavanaugh confirmation process. This kind of elitism BS is exactly what got them to pull the lever for Trump in the first place.

Why should your opinion matter more than some dude in Montana? Because your better educated? Because you live in a more densely populated city or state?

Fuck rednecks with too much say? They have the exact amount of say that you do. 1 vote. Are you saying their vote should count less? How much less? Your vote  = 100 % , their vote 50% of yours? Or 25%?

Get ready for more of dudes from Montana voting , some for the first time in their lives in November.

Republicans think even less highly of those folks than Democrats, Donald Trump in particular. He's a snob.

1 minute ago, Crusher said:

Are you literally retarded?  Did you not take a civics class . . . ever?  Go study some fucking history and run some numbers (if you can handle the arithmetic), and until then, shut the fuck up and let the adults handle the discussion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1