Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

No, they could have nominated someone, like Gorsuch, who's decidedly conservative but without all Kavanaugh's baggage and avoided this circus, but they pushed Kavanaugh because he's sworn his allegiance to Trump.  

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Hillary was routinely accused of murder during those interminable Bengazhi hearings and never winced nor cried aloud. She didn't even ask to go pee during eleven hours of grilling and shabby treatment from the likes of Jim Jordan and Curt Gowdey, for crissakes.

In saner times, Kavanaugh's despicable behavior last week would be seen as disqualifying across the board.

In normal times, that nomination would have been pulled after multiple accusations, maybe after the lies that Leahy exposed.

I picture Collins sitting in the SCIF alone. FBI report still in the safe while she's practicing her speech for today.

Edited by retread

3 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

I will just put this here: "he might help their criminal syndicate escape justice at the SCOTUS, imprisoning children..." Brisketexan, I am being honest here, don't get so worked up about politics, really don't. I used too, but now I am more like Hugo, or Horn4life, both the same dudes, it's interesting but not something you have any control over.

Yes I do.

I have money.

I have a vote.

I can get other people to vote.

No soldier ever won a war.

But armies have.  And an army is nothing but a shitload of individual soldiers.

I love this country.  I think I'll fight for it.

Oh, and the day I DON'T give a shit about the suffering purposefully and joyfully inflicted on "the least of these," then punch my fucking ticket, I am not worthy of living and breathing on this planet any longer.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

She must have known that the men wanted a woman to front them in this just as they did with the female prosecutor they enlisted to question Ford. Collins must have known that she was chosen to soften the blow and appease women. Shame on her.

Damn, I think you nailed it.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

She must have known that the men wanted a woman to front them in this just as they did with the female prosecutor they enlisted to question Ford. Collins must have known that she was chosen to soften the blow and appease women. Shame on her.

She was used.

She's a woman.

That's what the GOP does.

Just now, horncyclist said:

American electorate better step up. Trump is a disease. It started with the Presidency, spread to Congress, and has now Spread to the Supreme Court. November's probably the last chance to stop it before it's too late.

It's already too late.

But fight back anyway.

Just now, horncyclist said:

American electorate better step up. Trump is a disease. It started with the Presidency, spread to Congress, and has now Spread to the Supreme Court. November's probably the last chance to stop it before it's too late.

Uh, it’s already too late...We can just make it less worse.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes I do.

I have money.

I have a vote.

I can get other people to vote.

No soldier ever won a war.

But armies have.  And an army is nothing but a shitload of individual soldiers.

I love this country.  I think I'll fight for it.

Oh, and the day I DON'T give a shit about the suffering purposefully and joyfully inflicted on "the least of these," then punch my fucking ticket, I am not worthy of living and breathing on this planet any longer.

I stand corrected.

6 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

His views regarding investigations of a sitting president.

I believe he stated that any of these civil lawsuits would be deferred. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

It's already too late.  We all hate each other.  And even if the dems take control of Congress, 35% of the country will believe it's because of illegal votes from Mexicans, and the Trump administration will just ignore House subpoenas while stoking its base's feelings of victimhood to further divide us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

I stand corrected.

I believe he stated that any of these civil lawsuits would be deferred. Correct me if I am wrong.

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/5/17822784/supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-hearing-executive-power

Kavanaugh’s views on executive power have been among the most contentious aspects of his record because of a 2009 Minnesota Law Review article suggesting that a sitting president should not be subject to a criminal investigation until after Congress has impeached him and removed him from office. He also suggested that the indictment of a sitting president would be exceedingly burdensome.

“I believe that the President should be excused from some of the burdens of ordinary citizenship while serving in office,” Kavanaugh wrote in his 2009 piece. “We should not burden a sitting President with civil suits, criminal investigations, or criminal prosecutions.” Kavanaugh also noted that the “indictment and trial of a sitting President” would “cripple the federal government.”

I will say this about the Kavanaugh debacle, America got to watch the GOP show their true colors better than ever. 

Usually they pay lip service to truth and process but in this case they went full tyranny. Concealing documents, suppressing witnesses, rigging investigations, peddling conspiracy theories and disinformation, hiding behind a woman prosecutors, blaming the media. 

All within a two week span. 

Well done.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Needs to be repeated, HRC has been accused of murder and never screamed like a whiny bitch. Kavanaugh, when he wasn't blitzed out of his mind, blamed it on Dems/Clinton and blatantly lied about dumb shit like the meaning of Devil's triangle and boof.

So the letter from his classmates that Devil's Triangle was a drinking game isn't true ?

21 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Needs to be repeated, HRC has been accused of murder and never screamed like a whiny bitch. Kavanaugh, when he wasn't blitzed out of his mind, blamed it on Dems/Clinton and blatantly lied about dumb shit like the meaning of Devil's triangle and boof.

HRC doesn't give one solitary fuck.

Just ask Bill.

Kavanaugh does.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I will say this about the Kavanaugh debacle, America got to watch the GOP show their true colors better than ever. 

Usually they pay lip service to truth and process but in this case they went full tyranny. Concealing documents, suppressing witnesses, rigging investigations, peddling conspiracy theories and disinformation, hiding behind a woman prosecutors, blaming the media. 

Well done.

Hugo, this is not up to your standards. You were much better after the election. I bit more humble, but still you.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So the letter from his classmates that Devil's Triangle was a drinking game isn't true ?

I like how people are making fun of him crying. Your name being thrown in the mud, and you and your family are forever ruined even if proven not guilty. That's a lot of stress and hard work to try to be in highest court of the land, and he's gotta be vilified even without substantial proof. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

I like how people are making fun of him crying. Your name being thrown in the mud, and you and your family are forever ruined even if proven not guilty. That's a lot of stress and hard work to try to be in highest court of the land, and he's gotta be vilified even without substantial proof. 

Boo fucking hoo pussy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean whatever, the fbi didn't find anything, So you're crying about it.

Neither did the Benghazi hearings, yet you convicted Hillary in your mind 1,000 times, even though they were ALLOWED to look into anything and everything.

The FBI investigation was limited to the point of being nothign but kabuki theater and political cover for the GOP.  That's fine. Keep making these rules.  Just enjoy it when they are ALL used against you.  When you abandon all norms, and all rules, don't bitch when the opposition shivs you in the middle of the next play.  Them's the rules now.

• Like 4

Oh no, I am getting a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land and people are pointing out what a frat boy douche I am, my life is fucking ruined. Maybe if he wasn't a religious nut that thinks contraceptives are how the devil gets inside you I would care, but those types of people need to be thrown in a wood chipper well before being allowed to rule on literally anything that could affect me and my family.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Neither did the Benghazi hearings, yet you convicted Hillary in your mind 1,000 times, even though they were ALLOWED to look into anything and everything.

The FBI investigation was limited to the point of being nothign but kabuki theater and political cover for the GOP.  That's fine. Keep making these rules.  Just enjoy it when they are ALL used against you.  When you abandon all norms, and all rules, don't bitch when the opposition shivs you in the middle of the next play.  Them's the rules now.

I have no idea why you're even bothering to reply to that shoe size IQ dingleberry.

• Like 1

Your post explains how we are ruled by tribalism then goes on to exhibit every bit of it. Did you intend to be ironic or are you so partisan that you have convinced yourself your bias is correct? 

8 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

01d39a6c6357d5a5153085079ff9891b.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So FBI investigations are now just worthless? So we should never trust the FBI? Is the FBI only for the ruling parties defense now? 

Edited by workswithseed
Fucking hell
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Your post explains how we are ruled by tribalism then goes on to exhibit every bit of it. Did you intend to be ironic or are you so partisan that you have convinced yourself your bias is correct? 

One can only holler "stop fighting like this!  We're all on the same team!" so many times.....all the while, getting hacked to fucking death, before picking up a hatchet and fighting back.

That's where we are.  It is 100% apparent and certain that this is a zero-sum game.  There IS NO VIABLE OPTION OF TREATING IT AS ANYTHING ELSE.  That option has been completely eliminated.  We are left with only the least bad option -- if it is to be tribal war -- and it is, there is no choice here - then I want the tribe that is NOT all about fucking lying and cruelty as its raison d'etre to win.

• Like 2

Just now, workswithseed said:

So 

So FBI investigations are now just worthless? So we should never trust the FBI? Is the FBI only for the ruling parties defense now? 

No, you brainless twit.  FBI investigations that are LIMITED, by order, are worthless.  Any time you tell the FBI "you can't talk to witnesses X and Y, I don't care what reasons you might find for doing so," the investigation is worthless.  It's not about the FBI.  It's about the pathetic fucking losers in the White House and Senate who purposefully limited the FBI's investigation.  It's like saying "hey, I gave the ball to Vince Young, it's on him for not scoring!" when you ALSO instructed him to take a knee three plays in a row.

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I will say this about the Kavanaugh debacle, America got to watch the GOP show their true colors better than ever

Well done.

Not better than ever.  Just the latest example.

And I'm worried that enough people aren't upset by this latest stain.    

No, you brainless twit.  FBI investigations that are LIMITED, by order, are worthless.  Any time you tell the FBI "you can't talk to witnesses X and Y, I don't care what reasons you might find for doing so," the investigation is worthless.  It's not about the FBI.  It's about the pathetic fucking losers in the White House and Senate who purposefully limited the FBI's investigation.  It's like saying "hey, I gave the ball to Vince Young, it's on him for not scoring!" when you ALSO instructed him to take a knee three plays in a row.

Then what how long did you think it should last? Tell me what more info would be pulled up?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

One can only holler "stop fighting like this!  We're all on the same team!" so many times.....all the while, getting hacked to fucking death, before picking up a hatchet and fighting back.

That's where we are.  It is 100% apparent and certain that this is a zero-sum game.  There IS NO VIABLE OPTION OF TREATING IT AS ANYTHING ELSE.  That option has been completely eliminated.  We are left with only the least bad option -- if it is to be tribal war -- and it is, there is no choice here - then I want the tribe that is NOT all about fucking lying and cruelty as its raison d'etre to win.

I honest to God do not even know what you are talking about. 

You demanded an FBI investigation into the sexual assault allegation. The FBI interviewed everyone Ford said was there or could vouch for her story. They did. They came up with exactly no one that could verify her story.  If Senators had not voted to confirm him it would have been out of mob rule and not any kind of finding of fact. 

You are simply upset that your preferred outcome did not happen. That’s not injustice.  That’s democracy. 

• Like 3

Just now, workswithseed said:

Then what how long did you think it should last? Tell me what more info would be pulled up?

Fuck off, I don't dance for you.  you know damned well that the FBI was not allowed to talk to numerous persons with knowledge.  They could have done that within the week that they were allotted.  It was a fake investigation, to serve a fake party, with no fucking legitimacy.  Get fucked.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well done.

Senate Democrats supressed serious allegations until the night before a confirmation vote and then leaked against the supposed victims wishes. That supposed victim also lied multiple times herself and had 4-5 witnesses who did not corroborate her story. She and her attorneys also withheld information from her polygraph test that could have helped support her accusation.

Senate Democrats then peddled uncorroborated fake accusations and character assasinated a man because of drinking 30 years ago and wrote naughty words in his yearbook in order to extend a supplemental fbi investigation that was completely unnecessary.

i personally wasn’t a huge fan of this guy based on another posters links to articles showing some partisan behavior prior to all of this, but to see the way Senate democrats vilified an innocent man to serve their political interest will help me sleep at night.

Cant wait to see the blowback on the next conservative SJC nominated. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They limited the FBI investigation to the scope of the Ford allegation. Not an open ended look into everything he might have said or done in his entire life. 

Assuming of course this really was about the Ford allegation that is what matters, right? 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I honest to God do not even know what you are talking about. 

You demanded an FBI investigation into the sexual assault allegation. The FBI interviewed everyone Ford said was there or could vouch for her story. They did. They came up with exactly no one that could verify her story.  If Senators had not voted to confirm him it would have been out of mob rule and not any kind of finding of fact. 

You are simply upset that your preferred outcome did not happen. That’s not injustice.  That’s democracy. 

Here's just a snapshot of the kabuki theater this was:

Also not on the list, the sources say, are former classmates who have contradicted Kavanaugh’s account of his college alcohol consumption, instead describing him as a frequent, heavy drinker. The FBI is also not authorized to interview high school classmates who could shed light on what some people have called untruths in Kavanaugh’s Senate Judiciary Committee testimony about alleged sexual references in his high school yearbook.

You know it was a bullshit limited investigation, crafted in order to NOT find anything, but to allow the GOP to say exactly what you are saying.  If a judge issued an order in a case forbidding me to interview material witnesses, I'd have his ass flipped at the court of appeals in a heartbeat.

Keep it up. You'll get yours, and I'll react just like y'all do -- I'll enjoy every minute of it.

• Like 2

It's pretty amazing to think that the Rs had one of the most explosive issues facing them (MeToo) and they basically shrugged their shoulders and said, "We hear you, but we don't believe you." Now, on to the vote to confirm!

They followed Trumps lead and turned the accused into the victims. He has done it over and over and it gets his base fired up. The narrative became that poor man is being attacked and YOU or your sons could be falsely accused too. Trump is a master of this and it’s gross.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remarkable Kavanaugh completely avoided FBI questioning about the sexual assault allegations.

He was questioned under oath by congress already. 

It’s only remarkable if you are a partisan hack who is outraged your desired outcome did not come to fruition. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's just a snapshot of the kabuki theater this was:

You know it was a bullshit limited investigation, crafted in order to NOT find anything, but to allow the GOP to say exactly what you are saying.  If a judge issued an order in a case forbidding me to interview material witnesses, I'd have his ass flipped at the court of appeals in a heartbeat.

Keep it up. You'll get yours, and I'll react just like y'all do -- I'll enjoy every minute of it.

So was this about his beer consumption in college or the alleged sexual assault in high school?  I was under the impression the issue was the Ford allegation in high school. 

The scope of the investigation was to determine if he assualted Ford. They could not find any evidence he did. 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He was questioned under oath by congress already. 

It’s only remarkable if you are a partisan hack who is outraged your desired outcome did not come to fruition. 

He’s also allegedly lied under oath already. So, yeah.