Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Pretty sure that the phony-baloney fat cunt knew that Richard's butthole would win the contest.

This.  She knew she would look like a know-nothing next to Richard's butthole, so she went on a little cunty rant to get out of it.  I absolutely believe Jason told her exactly what the bit was, and now she's scrambling to cover her cowardice.  Not a team player.

Yeah, there has to be something like that going on. 

One doesn't travel from NYC to Tampa for Plastic Surgery unless there's a reason.   Travel from Tampa to NYC?  OK, that makes more sense (although there are a ton of top-shelf docs in Miami)

Caught a wack pack jury from back in the day earlier.  Judges were John the Stutterer, BJ, JtheD, GtheC.

Gotdamn Fred mimicking John the Stutterer/Stuttering John is so fucking underrated.  

Listened to an interesting compilations of podcasts of Artie talking about how Howard has changed from the time he was on there and how he no longer fit into the direction of where the show was going.  Fairly long listen but is decent insight into where the show is today.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:04 PM, Mach 1 said:

I liked to Stern alot on KRock, and jumped to Sirius immediately.  I used to think he had Sirius by the balls, they'd have to rehire him or lose a shitload of subscribers.  Now I'm not so sure. I stopped listening to Stern about a year ago, mostly because his narcissistic personality became more annoying as I got older (not sure why, maybe because I had kids), but also because the bits were getting stale.  Now I listen to music and news exclusively.  The money I pay is 100% to avoid the cringe worthy shit on terrestrial radio.

It will be interesting to see what happens when his contract comes up. I think Sirius now has the leverage to low ball him, which with his ego, would likely lead to retirement,  and we can then find out if he really has a ton of offers to do other things.  He always said he hated it and wanted to retire, but I think that's bullshit.  He likes the fame and notoriety. 

Haven't checked in on this thread in awhile, but this is where I'm at. Listened to Stern on terrestrial radio in San Francisco starting in 2004 and then jumped to Sirius when he made the move. His content when he first got on Sirius was so good. He was finally liberated and able to do the show on his terms.

Over the past couple of years, I just felt like they were on vacation non-stop, and I didn't really like the guests he was bringing in. I called to cancel in January because I was paying too much, and they offered me a yearly subscription which was about a third of what I was paying. The cheap plan didn't include Stern which I didn't realize at the time. Anyway, I don't really miss it that much except for Richard and Sal stuff and the wack pack content (which has also fallen off as someone else mentioned). 

TL;DR - still have Sirius but not Stern. Won't go back to terrestrial radio. Would listen to a just Richard Christie show. 

Regardless if he wants to retire or not whatever Sirius offers him to stay is going to be a "low ball" offer to Howard. They might lose subscribers but they aren't in the same position they were before Howard joined the party. Now that every car produced come with it already installed they don't need his name to sell the service and radios like they once did. For most people it's just like netflix anymore, a monthly cost (that's another thread.......) that people just pay to have access to what the product offers. They could get rid of every exclusive "sirius/xm talk show host tomorrow and I would still keep it for the commercial free music on it's own. The purchase of Pandora was a smart business move by them as well. Some sort of Podcast franchise I think is also in the future. 

Caught a wack pack jury from back in the day earlier.  Judges were John the Stutterer, BJ, JtheD, GtheC.
Gotdamn Fred mimicking John the Stutterer/Stuttering John is so fucking underrated.  
Listened to an interesting compilations of podcasts of Artie talking about how Howard has changed from the time he was on there and how he no longer fit into the direction of where the show was going.  Fairly long listen but is decent insight into where the show is today.

If Artie wasn’t a POS junkie, he’d still be on the show.
  • Like 1

Love me some good Stern Show.(interviews, Howard ranting on Baba Booey, Sal and Richard,....) However he is gone so much that it falls out of the commute routine so I find myself listening less and less.

I would rather be burned at the stake then listen to Robin or The Wrap Up Show.

I listened from 99 till 2016. 

Not a fan of phony phone calls , the guys in the back and the tepid (SJW) humor of the show in recent years has turned me off the show. 

While im still a big fan of Howard.i wish theyd do a seperate edit of just his interviews  I spend my time on here or listening to podcasts. Texas related or Joe Rogan. 

I listened from 99 till 2016. 
Not a fan of phony phone calls , the guys in the back and the tepid (SJW) humor of the show in recent years has turned me off the show. 
While im still a big fan of Howard.i wish theyd do a seperate edit of just his interviews  I spend my time on here or listening to podcasts. Texas related or Joe Rogan. 

The interviews are all available on the app. With video.

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

you can get 3 months free on the app quite often, and you can always get a 30 day trial anytime.  

You have to use a credit card now. Given siriusxm's reputation for bad billing practices, I am reluctant. And considering how the stern show has gone down hill(political correctness, talk of pop culture garbage like dancing with the Stars/American idol) I'm not too motivated. 

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

There was some American Idol talk that I was ok with.  It was usually Artie bashing Mike Morales for running on stage to hug Sangina though

My favorite Tradio item was the "Mike Morales Underwear Party."

Memet’s sworn enemy Steve Nowicki does Alex Jones and the various Brent Hatley iterations and a couple more. He’s a pretty talented kid. Not sure what Memet brings to the table. Chris Wilding does Lee King Snatch and Rocky Pendergast. Mike Trainor does Lump and I think The Hulk. Not sure who’s doing the female bits these days (Ivanka/Huckabee-Sanders), maybe Butera is doing one, but I thought she was now in LA. Some of it sounds live. Maybe the old broad who plays Ronnie’s mom is doing some of it.

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Memet’s sworn enemy Steve Nowicki does Alex Jones and the various Brent Hatley iterations and a couple more. He’s a pretty talented kid. Not sure what Memet brings to the table. Chris Wilding does Lee King Snatch and Rocky Pendergast. Mike Trainor does Lump and I think The Hulk. Not sure who’s doing the female bits these days (Ivanka/Huckabee-Sanders), maybe Butera is doing one, but I thought she was now in LA. Some of it sounds live. Maybe the old broad who plays Ronnie’s mom is doing some of it.

Nowicki as Saul's dad is one of my favorite things on the show.

19 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Spice Boy "stole" the Hogan tape? I had never heard that before. 

Also love this from Bubba's attorney-

Clem’s lawyers, the Baltimore-based Nusinov Smith LLP, said in a news release Wednesday that harm to their client’s reputation has damaged relationships with major advertisers and cost him syndication deals to air his program on other stations.

Clearly his attorney has never listened to his show. 

Bubba is his own worst enemy. His shows on Sirius were funny and entertaining but he always had some complex that everyone was always out to get him. Just his own worst enemy and not having smart enough people around him that he would listen to. 

By the way is his son still racing? 

If the big secret really is that he wears a wig he loses a shit ton of credibility. Granted not completely the same but all the shit he give BoBo about his hair piece and he has been wearing a wig? I don't buy it, but wouldn't be the first time he has been a hypocrite when it comes to a certain topic.  

Found the rant. I’m sure he took it down himself. As it was happening, he certainly owned all the comments about WW’s looks (it’s clear he had Benjy &  Co. feeding him insults), and he’ll regret that, but The New Howard will be especially remorseful for the “Wendy has a dick” stuff, as that really won’t play well with some groups he’s worked hard to win over.

https://soundcloud.com/user-372689204/howard-stern-berates-wendy-williams-3132019

J.D. wasn’t sure he should play Wendy’s comments, but it was actually Baba Booey who said he needed to hear it.