Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

On 1/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, Buck Futter said:

We need more Richard and sal, more wack Packers, more crazy chicks doing degrading shit for money.

My favorite era of the stern was show was the first few years of Sirius. Artie was still there, and Howard had not yet succumbed to political correctness.

No more women.  It's all gay now.  You are correct about the best time period.  

And its vagina poooooosay your stupid morons

There is nothing more enjoyable that hearing Howard talk about sports like he has any clue at all what he's talking about. Followed by Robin adding her own lack of knowledge makes it that much better/worse depending on how you look at it. 

The fact that Ralph comes across as one of the most knowledgeable on the subject is quite funny.

Just listened to Robin stating in the News that Steve Martin portrayed Wilbur Ross on SNL this weekend.  When corrected that Martin actually was shown as Roger Stone, Robin agreed that she was wrong, and that Kate whats-her-name played Wilbur.  And that Kate was fantastic playing so many of the political characters like she portrayed the former Secretary of State so well.  I assume she meant Jeff Session, the Attorney General not SoS.

To her credit, she did get the name Steve Martin correct so she batted over .000.

Jesus the Newly Wet Game was terrible. Brett and his wife aren't funny or interesting and Ronnie just wasn't into it at all.

They really fucked up by not strong-arming JD and his wife to play along. That's the couple's interview session that everyone wants to hear. There's been an overall lack of JD on the show in general and it's pissing me off. Get that fucking weirdo back on the air pronto.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:32 PM, smuggs said:

Jesus the Newly Wet Game was terrible. Brett and his wife aren't funny or interesting and Ronnie just wasn't into it at all.

They really fucked up by not strong-arming JD and his wife to play along. That's the couple's interview session that everyone wants to hear. There's been an overall lack of JD on the show in general and it's pissing me off. Get that fucking weirdo back on the air pronto.

Memet actually made a good point about it being awful. 

Artie, dayum.  Where's the death pool thread?

artie-lange-1.jpg?w=800&h=450&crop=1

Comedian Artie Lange was held in the Essex County Correctional Facility in Newark, N.J., on Wednesday night allegedly in an effort to help him sober up before being relocated to a long-term treatment program.

The former “MADtv” star’s team tweeted that he was not arrested, but only being held in jail for a few days.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/people-news/artie-lange-jail-rehab-1203124809/

As far as Artie, it's sad that people have been using his demise for funny stories.  I'm sure they're paying him well but that money is only being used for more drugs that lead to more "funny" stories.   

If a friend was telling me a story where he accidentally snorted glass causing nasal damage, I don't think I would be laughing with or at him.  

If you told me I had to bet on someone dying; either a 110-year old or Artie , I think I would pick Artie.

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

How many of you plan to stay subscribed? To me it isn’t worth the subscription cost anymore.

There's a shit ton of content on Sirius other than Howard. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in 15 years and I'm never going back. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, smuggs said:

There's a shit ton of content on Sirius other than Howard. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in 15 years and I'm never going back. 

This. I love Howard, but there's plenty of other stuff that puts Sirius WAY better than terrestrial. On the occasions I"m in a work vehicle and am forced to listen to terrestrial radio, I'm reminded of this.

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

He hasn’t been on or mentioned since his wife died. I’d completely forgotten about him. 

Didn’t realize his wife died.  From some quick google search, I saw that scott had a GoFundMe page for her medical bills, and some “family insiders” complained that it didn’t seem like Howard gave any money.   

This. I love Howard, but there's plenty of other stuff that puts Sirius WAY better than terrestrial. On the occasions I"m in a work vehicle and am forced to listen to terrestrial radio, I'm reminded of this.

Which is my point, do y’all still pay the premium membership or did you cut down to a lesser package that doesn’t feature Howard?

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Which is my point, do y’all still pay the premium membership or did you cut down to a lesser package that doesn’t feature Howard?

Yeah this still pisses me off. Sirius and XM have been the same company for awhile now but depending on the manufacturer of the vehicle they still have separate line ups for Sirius and XM. 

for example- If you have a Ford you have Sirius so you don't pay extra for the Stern channels, if you have a Chevy you have XM and have to pay extra for the Stern channels. It really makes no sense. But I'm guessing it boils down to they don't want to give up the "premium" money they would lose if they changed it. 

I was always under the impression Howard was extra whether you had Sirius or not.  I have a Sirius portable lifetime that does not have Howard.  I've only ever had everything or nothing in my Ford truck so I'm not sure about it, but it seems like when I was getting prices, adding Howard was always more for having it.  My ladys Kia has an XM receiver so they were always trying to tack on extra charges for that but told em to fuck off.  Still get pretty good promos monthly from them in the mail for hers (Last one was $60/yr. I think), but she just doesn't care enough about it and I rarely drive it so it's not really necessary.

I liked to Stern alot on KRock, and jumped to Sirius immediately.  I used to think he had Sirius by the balls, they'd have to rehire him or lose a shitload of subscribers.  Now I'm not so sure. I stopped listening to Stern about a year ago, mostly because his narcissistic personality became more annoying as I got older (not sure why, maybe because I had kids), but also because the bits were getting stale.  Now I listen to music and news exclusively.  The money I pay is 100% to avoid the cringe worthy shit on terrestrial radio.

It will be interesting to see what happens when his contract comes up. I think Sirius now has the leverage to low ball him, which with his ego, would likely lead to retirement,  and we can then find out if he really has a ton of offers to do other things.  He always said he hated it and wanted to retire, but I think that's bullshit.  He likes the fame and notoriety. 

Edited by Mach 1

9 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

I liked to Stern alot on KRock, and jumped to Sirius immediately.  I used to think he had Sirius by the balls, they'd have to rehire him or lose a shitload of subscribers.  Now I'm not so sure. I stopped listening to Stern about a year ago, mostly because his narcissistic personality became more annoying as I got older (not sure why, maybe because I had kids), but also because the bits were getting stale.  Now I listen to music and news exclusively.  The money I pay is 100% to avoid the cringe worthy shit on terrestrial radio.

It will be interesting to see what happens when his contract comes up. I think Sirius now has the leverage to low ball him, which with his ego, would likely lead to retirement,  and we can then find out if he really has a ton of offers to do other things.  He always said he hated it and wanted to retire, but I think that's bullshit.  He likes the fame and notoriety. 

I doubt Stern drives many subscribers now.  I originally went to Sirius because of him but I maybe listen to him maybe 1 morning commute out of 5. Maybe less.  I still like many of his celebrity interviews outside of the inevitable questions like “how do you remember your lines.”  I find the wrap up show to be the best show on the stern channels but he won’t let it play enough.  I can sometimes catch it on the second channel while going out for lunch.

I find the Ronnie, mehmet, and Brent storylines to be dull or at least too frequent.   They also haven’t discovered any decent wack packers in a long time.  Eric the Actor was a gold mine.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I doubt Stern drives many subscribers now.  I originally went to Sirius because of him but I maybe listen to him maybe 1 morning commute out of 5. Maybe less.  I still like many of his celebrity interviews outside of the inevitable questions like “how do you remember your lines.”  I find the wrap up show to be the best show on the stern channels but he won’t let it play enough.  I can sometimes catch it on the second channel while going out for lunch.

I find the Ronnie, mehmet, and Brent storylines to be dull or at least too frequent.   They also haven’t discovered any decent wack packers in a long time.  Eric the Actor was a gold mine.

Yeah, back when you needed to buy a radio to put in your car he drove a shit ton of sales and helped sirius close the massive gap with XM. But anymore I think most people continue the subscription after it runs out on their new car because they like the total content. I haven't listened to regular radio in probably 5 years and will never go back so whether it's Sirius or some other music/show streaming source I don't see that changing. 

15 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I was always under the impression Howard was extra whether you had Sirius or not.  I have a Sirius portable lifetime that does not have Howard.  I've only ever had everything or nothing in my Ford truck so I'm not sure about it, but it seems like when I was getting prices, adding Howard was always more for having it.  My ladys Kia has an XM receiver so they were always trying to tack on extra charges for that but told em to fuck off.  Still get pretty good promos monthly from them in the mail for hers (Last one was $60/yr. I think), but she just doesn't care enough about it and I rarely drive it so it's not really necessary.

Nope. 

If you have a Sirius vehicle it's included on the cheapest plan (Sirius Select) 

If you have a XM vehicle it's not included on the cheapest plan (XM Seletct) 

The reason why I know this is I used to have a Chevy and always had to pay the extra for Howard, bought a Ford a couple of years ago and didn't have to pay extra. 

9 minutes ago, llanoflash said:

I know dipshits like Bobo. What a fucking dork.

he is not funny. his dumbassery is old and i fucking hate when he is on.

Yep. Although I LOVE the fact that he thinks since he taught kids how to drive and calls into the Howard Stern show his life is 1000X more important than just about everyone else. 

"Do you know how many awads I won????" DO YOU!? I hate him but Fred Bobo is so good and funny it makes up for it. 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:55 AM, smuggs said:

His whole rap about the Bob Kraft arrest with Ronnie telling his massage parlor stories was hilarious. You could tell he was itching to get back on the air and talk about that whole story.

He could do it more often, if he ever actually showed up to work.