Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

If Enverus is to be believed, 1/3 of the remaining PUDs in the EF asset were EF PUDs and the rest were AC wells. Despite all the early back slapping over AC results in 2021 and early 2022, the 18 month results on those wells weren’t as promising as the experts thought and it is looking less and less like a widely developable formation and more and more like a location specific endeavor. 

1 minute ago, jeevsie said:

Think you can get pics of the diff stages? Frac, wireline, coil?

No, that one was taken by a landman who just sent it to my family members. 
He happened to be in the area and snapped a couple, but probably won’t be back there until everything is completed. 
He has a working interest in that project.

Taken from atop the shale shaker on my conventional drill well location in northern Zapata County a couple years ago...still producing 1 MM/d as of today. (I'm a geologist).

IMG_0012.jpeg

Another view looking up at the doghouse and the derrick w/ stacked drill pipe.

IMG_0028.thumb.jpeg.34c47529ed87bfc929e7f18ad15d34f5.jpeg

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Taken from atop the shale shaker on my conventional drill well location in northern Zapata County a couple years ago...still producing 1 MM/d as of today. (I'm a geologist).

IMG_0012.jpeg

Another view looking up at the doghouse and the derrick w/ stacked drill pipe.

IMG_0028.thumb.jpeg.34c47529ed87bfc929e7f18ad15d34f5.jpeg

Why are the shakers so far away from the flowline?

Saw Enbridge bought someone for $14bn today.

Also, from the NYT thought this was interesting on higher gas prices due to production cuts from OPEC:

For the Biden administration, “the only thing they can pretty much do to counteract Saudi cuts is to bring more oil into the market from other countries,” León said. “Iran and Venezuela are the best candidates,” he added, even if it’s politically unpalatable to fully reopen talks with them.

Anyone have insider info on White Water Midstream? Got a job possibly lined up with them, but not sure if I want to leave my company. Being in this business for almost 20yrs, I always see these midstream companies being gobbled up by the big dogs once projects are done. My employer now is known for scooping these assests up. Just conflicted since I don't know a ton about them. 

Anyone have insider info on White Water Midstream? Got a job possibly lined up with them, but not sure if I want to leave my company. Being in this business for almost 20yrs, I always see these midstream companies being gobbled up by the big dogs once projects are done. My employer now is known for scooping these assests up. Just conflicted since I don't know a ton about them. 

They seem to good at what they do. They’ve built their pipes on time & customers seem to be happy with them. They have some other projects in the pipeline. I was impressed with their execs, when we met with them.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Offshore GOM lease sale postponed from last week to Nov 8 basically due to obscure and questionable whale environmental proposed regulation. New 5 year plan for the outer continental shelf just came out (finally) and feds are proposing one lease sale every other year for GOM and nothing in Cook Inlet. The last 5 year plan had two lease sales a year and that was kind of nuts, but every other year is a bit too few.

Maybe one day we can get back to some level of consistency again. I'm all for offshore wind and renewables and energy diversification, but don't deliberately bite the hand that feeds you.

• Like 1

Edit - well fuck me I swear I was on the alt investment thread when I replied. Delete use ban post. 

Magic cards. And make sure to cross the (nerd)streams. I present to you what happens when mtg, Tolkien, and greed mix:

“I’ll take it,” said Post Malone who is well known for his ardent and deep-pocketed love of Magic: The Gathering.
We don’t know how much he paid for the card, but it was probably a lot of money, with reports valuing it between $1 and 2 million.

73E466F3-80F0-4A9B-9609-302C9975D255.webp

Edited by UT_OB1

On 10/4/2023 at 10:37 AM, Storm the Field said:

Sharp uptick in interest rates seems to have taken the wind out of the recent upswing for WTI. Down $7 in the past 5 trading days, back to $86. 

On the flipside, natty has a 3 handle for the first time since January.

Make that $11 now, back down to $82.50. 

Looks like XOM takeover of Pioneer is coming to fruition. From WSJ:

Exxon Mobil [uS:XOM] is closing in on a deal to buy Pioneer Natural Resources, [uS:PXD] a blockbuster takeover that could be worth roughly $60 billion.

A deal could be sealed in the coming days, assuming the talks don’t hit a last-minute snag, people familiar with the matter said.

After posting record profits in 2022, Exxon has been flush with cash and exploring options that would push it deeper into West Texas shale.

An acquisition of Pioneer, with a market cap of around $50 billion, would likely be Exxon’s largest deal since its megamerger with Mobil in 1999. It would give Exxon a dominant position in the oil-rich Permian Basin of West Texas and New Mexico, a region the oil giant has said is integral to its growth plans.

The Wall Street Journal reported in April that the two companies were holding preliminary talks.

Exxon has a market value of $436 billion, so the deal, which would be the biggest takeover of the year, should be easily doable.