Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Nill probably still needs to go. Lacks should have been fired from Cedar Park a long time ago. Development of players has been trash more so than some terrible picks. Good players leave Texas after their ELC is up because they know they will not develop in Cedar Park. Development has killed this team more than drafting has.

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

You’re expecting Monty to make chicken shit into chicken salad. 

Run through tonights lineup and tell me who is playoff caliber. 

Nill’s been dogshit in free agency, drafting and trades. 

Now you're just lying. Everyone has been sucking Nill's dick on trades. Getting Seguin, Spezza, Bishop for what we gave up at the time was pretty fucking good. Getting them signed to contracts staggered on their expiration is smart. 

If we're going to forgive Monty then let's take into account our injuries. Zuccs may be a catalyst for this team but holy fuck has the injury bug bent Dallas over a pommel horse and stuck a 10. I hope he comes back soon.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Only players that have been hurt were Hanzal (god awful free agent signing) and Pitlick. Zuccarello played 1 game here before getting hurt. 

Zuccs also had 2 points in one game thus reinforcing Nuke is terrible.

Hanzal was a Hitch request and I hated that pickup for every reason everyone else that was against it hated it for. Big surprise he's still injured. We started off the season with a depleted D core again which fucking sucks because then we have to scramble to replace those bodies with someone that can perform at the same level.

Spezza started off the season pretty well. What a difference under Monty vs Hitch (who's shit style of hockey is tired and dated). Looks like age has caught him though as he's faded late in this season.

I get angry every time I read Hanzal's name because fuck everything about that. Hitch's obsession with giant players that have limited hockey skills is fucking beyond me.

59 minutes ago, Zavala said:

SO WE GONNA FLUSH THIS SEASON DOWN THE TOILET OR WIN TONIGHT?

Mats Zuccarello, come on down, your the next contestant on SAVE THIS TEAM

Getting closer:

The Dallas Stars continue to hang onto the top wild-card playoff spot and continue to attempt to fend off several teams trying to steal away their spot. The Stars may get a much-needed boost soon as veteran Mats Zuccarello , who appeared in just one game with Dallas after the Stars acquired him from the New York Rangers at the trade deadline, is making progress and could return to the team soon.

Zuccarello, who had a goal and an assist in his first game in Dallas before breaking his arm while blocking a shot on Feb. 24, participated in Dallas' pregame, optional skate, according to NHL.com’s Mark Stepneski. His four-week recovery estimate is almost up and the team hopes that he could be ready soon.

“It increases every day,” Zuccarello said of the stickhandling. “Maybe a week, just started light and now I can shoot a little bit more, but it still hurts a little bit.”

Zuccarello, 31, has 12 goals and 39 points so far this season, but the Stars need his experience on their struggling second line, especially if they want to remain in the playoff position they are currently in.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/injured_mats_zuccarello_could_return_to_the_stars_soon/s1_14825_28709630

Seemed like Monty rolled his lines way more tonight, especially in the first period. Peg had no answer, that was all Dallas for the first two periods. Nuke actually seemed like a better player with more ice time; his passing and decision making was much better. Maybe he can turn that potential into some type of trade bait for Dallas.

Ritchie is just a bruiser, perfect for Hitchcock shit hockey. He doesn't have that scoring sense, his decision making is predictable. Bishop was huge tonight. Wish Dickinson could have found the back of the net. For that matter, how did Dallas not put up double digits tonight? That was an insane number of scoring chances in the first period.

• Like 1

Last night's win was huge. Eight points in our final six games assures the Stars a playoff spot. That would give us 92 points. The most Arizona and Minnesota can get to by winning out is 91. Colorado's max is 93. I think I would prefer to stay above the Avs and, therefore, play Winnipeg rather than Calgary in the first round. Here's the rest of our schedule (current point totals in parentheses):

@ Calgary (101)

@ Edmonton (74)

@ Vancouver (74)

vs Philadelphia (80)

@ Chicago (76)

vs Minnesota (79)

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Right before that last game i was going to pose the question “Are the Stars in March the same as aggy in November?”

Please hold on and just get in...

The West playoffs could be pretty wide-open. Like you said, just get in. See what happens. They've got a goalie that is capable of carrying them on his back. Been a long time since we had that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

The West playoffs could be pretty wide-open. Like you said, just get in. See what happens. They've got a goalie that is capable of carrying them on his back. Been a long time since we had that.

For me it's the biggest improvement over last year and before, if Bishop has to take time off to heal Khudobin is more than acceptable. 

Think how much better the goaltending is now vs Lehts. I’ve never seen a goal tender in my life that “Leht” in more soft goals, I used to call them blue line specials. Teams would throw one at the net from the blue line and he would let one in all the time, It was mind boggling.

Now if this team just had the scoring of some of those Lehts teams. I’m really hoping Zucc gets back soon and adds that offensive spark that’s missing. He looked like he was that guy, the guy that I thought Janmark would be. He just hasn’t been the same player since the injury

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Think how much better the goaltending is now vs Lehts. I’ve never seen a goal tender in my life that “Leht” in more soft goals, I used to call them blue line specials. Teams would throw one at the net from the blue line and he would let one in all the time, It was mind boggling.

Now if this team just had the scoring of some of those Lehts teams. I’m really hoping Zucc gets back soon and adds that offensive spark that’s missing. He looked like he was that guy, the guy that I thought Janmark would be. He just hasn’t been the same player since the injury

We were all mystified by Leht's season when Nill first got here. He only went downhill from there.