Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Here’s what we do. Give aggy the phone number to the hotel where the Frogs are staying, and tell them that it is where Bama is staying using a false team name and false area code to try to stay safe from aggy, who intimidates them.

Does Dinesh Patel have any family in Austin?

Last year's game in Fort Worth was a 10 point game late in the fourth quarter despite Shane playing QB and running for his life all night because of the shit show that was Terell Cuney and the Warehime boys.  Our OL is better than last year.  They had an experienced  QB in Kenny Hill and their RB's were about the same as we will face tomorrow night.   Their QB is not as experienced or accurate as Hill.  This game is very winnable.  They are not the '85 Bears, but if you think so, crown their ass.  I will wait for the final whistle tomorrow.  

• Like 6

Watching the Ohio State /TCU game right now. Man I think we are fucked. Going into the 4th quarter and this game is a lot closer than the final score. TCU looks fast and the offense has its shit together. Dont understand why it seems Texas just cant hire a successful offensive coordinator. . Praying for home field to make up for a lot.  

52 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

On the other hand, it's at our house, we're riding a high off of a good win, they're hopefully limping off a deflating loss, and I'm sure our players and coaches are as sick of hearing about 1-5 as we are.  It's college football.  Crazy shit happens.  I'm hoping it does tomorrow. 

We're 2-5 against Patterson.  don't sell us short.

27 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Watching the Ohio State /TCU game right now. Man I think we are fucked. Going into the 4th quarter and this game is a lot closer than the final score. TCU looks fast and the offense has its shit together. Dont understand why it seems Texas just cant hire a successful offensive coordinator. . Praying for home field to make up for a lot.  

they were in that game for all but about 4 minutes.  osu scored on them so fast and often their head was spinning.

Edited by thrillhammer

35 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Ideally, you don't out-scheme TCU's defense. You out-play them. Bring in 2 TE, keep your blocking sound, and turn the game into a walrus battle. Sometimes, football is just a simple matter of seeing who's tougher. Take your yards, wait for the safeties to spin down, and see what happens when Colin or LJH go one on one.

TCU is a well put together football team. There's no, "Simple. Just do this!" game plan. We're just going to have to whip it out and see who's is biggest.

This is exactly right. Maybe you can out-tough them, maybe you can't. But you're not going to out-scheme them, so don't try any fancy crap. Line up and beat your man. Then, do it again.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Agree this has all the makings of a blowout loss. If TCU makes our offense one dimensional they force a bunch of 3 and outs and mental mistakes from Ehlinger. Defense tires out and the game gets out of hand.

We will need TCU to make a bunch of mistakes and exploit the way we did with USCs terrible special teams. 

First of all, he didn't say anything about a blowout loss.  Underscoring your post is the assumption that TCU is better than they were last year and we are worse.  Where does that come from?  I admit that a Herculean effort will be required by the Horns to win, but we are at home and I believe better than last year.  You make Satyanash sound like Dr. Norman Vincent Peale.

56 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This is exactly right. Maybe you can out-tough them, maybe you can't. But you're not going to out-scheme them, so don't try any fancy crap. Line up and beat your man. Then, do it again. 

I agree with this assessment and that of goldapple.  we can out tough them, but we cant out scheme them.  this is going to be a physical game.  one reason we've been outscored an avg of 25 pts the last 4 tcu games is that we have been out toughed.  we have not been physical.  flatfooted, deer in headlights more like it.  we have more physical running backs this year, a more physical ol, wr's block more physically, shed blocks more physically, defense is stout and very physical. 

Calvin Anderson is a big upgrade over Tristan Nickelson.  Terell Cuney won't be at center.  Last year we had Daniel Young and Porter.  This year we have Watson, Ingram and Young.  Armanti Foreman and Lorenzo Joe won't be stealing snaps from Lil Jordan, Duvernay and Johnson.  Sam is more mobile than Shane.  At safety, Caden Sterns is a big upgrade over John Bonney.  We have a puncher's chance at home.  

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 3

I sent up a burnt offering of brisket to Darrel K. Royal tonight and I smashed a cockroach with my boot. The Oracle says we win by 10. It’s time these little bastards got sent back to Tarrant County crying for their coke dealers. Fuck the roaches. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, cafe society said:

First of all, he didn't say anything about a blowout loss.  Underscoring your post is the assumption that TCU is better than they were last year and we are worse.  Where does that come from?  I admit that a Herculean effort will be required by the Horns to win, but we are at home and I believe better than last year.  You make Satyanash sound like Dr. Norman Vincent Peale.

How can you say we're better than last year when we lost to Maryland again lol

• Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Confidence is a hell of a drug when it come to competition. I feel a lot better coming into this game than I did after the Tulsa game. 

i remember a couple of years ago after we beat iowa state players were tweeting about being back and shocking the nation. i don't even remember what happened after that but i know it involved our collective butthole gaping multiple times on national tv.

i'm not drinking the kool-aid. maryland broke me, again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i remember a couple of years ago after we beat iowa state players were tweeting about being back and shocking the nation. i don't even remember what happened after that but i know it involved our collective butthole gaping multiple times on national tv.

i'm not drinking the kool-aid. maryland broke me, again.

We’re pretty much in the same place. And I am not advocating kool-aid by any means. Just saying that confidence matters. And we have some playmakers now that are (seemingly) beginning to show signs of emergence. We may very well get trucked just the same. But as far as  going into this game goes, I think we enter it on a plus confidence at we haven’t had for a while.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Confidence is an illusion 

With all due respect, it’s not. Lack of confidence can scuttle talent like kryptonite. I played organized sports into my 20’s, coached for 10 years and have seen first hand what confidence can do to an underachieving talent base when provided with a taste (and what a lack thereof can do as well).  Am I saying that’s all you need to be successful? No, obviously you need talent as well. Confidence allows the opportunity to exploit talent, which, upon success, becomes labeled as chemistry, and ultimately a winning culture.

5 hours ago, JBJ said:

Summers, Cooper, Bethley, Bangogu, Wallow, Evans: Avg 250 lbs. 275 lbs is a normal 4-2 front.

Nelson, Omenihu, Hager, Wheeler, Johnson, Roach: Avg 265 lbs.  265 lbs is a normal 3-3 front.

Frogs are Banogu (240), Broadnax (308), Bethley (302), and Collier (279) across the line.  Summers (235) is the mike linebacker.  Wallow (218) is the Sam.  Summers plays a little end against smaller teams, but the depth chart listing is just Patterson games.  Collier and Broadnax started the year with 2-game suspension for violation of team rules so he listed them as backups.

Edited by Chad N. Freud

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That’s one thing I don’t have a ton of concern about...has this team folded under Herman after getting down early?

its the only reason I hold out hope for Herman.  USC was nice but I'm still not sold on him after a complete faceplant against a shitty Maryland team.   

we folded ALL the time with Charlie.

Herman has to keep Orlando though and I just want Orlando to work on having our defense jump a good team from the gun.

win 2 of the next 3 and I can see gettin back on the train.

4 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Calvin Anderson is a big upgrade over Tristan Nickelson.  Terell Cuney won't be at center.  Last year we had Daniel Young and Porter.  This year we have Watson, Ingram and Young.  Armanti Foreman and Lorenzo Joe won't be stealing snaps from Lil Jordan, Duvernay and Johnson.  Sam is more mobile than Shane.  At safety, Caden Sterns is a big upgrade over John Bonney.  We have a puncher's chance at home.  

Poona Ford, Malik, Michael Dickson, Holton Hill

3 hours ago, Wishbone said:

With all due respect, it’s not. Lack of confidence can scuttle talent like kryptonite. I played organized sports into my 20’s, coached for 10 years and have seen first hand what confidence can do to an underachieving talent base when provided with a taste (and what a lack thereof can do as well).  Am I saying that’s all you need to be successful? No, obviously you need talent as well. Confidence allows the opportunity to exploit talent, which, upon success, becomes labeled as chemistry, and ultimately a winning culture.

damn man I was kidding

6 hours ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Every time Ehlinger drops back to pass is an opportunity for the hybrid multi-front whiz-bang defense to cause chaos.

Ideally, you don't out-scheme TCU's defense. You out-play them. Bring in 2 TE, keep your blocking sound, and turn the game into a walrus battle. Sometimes, football is just a simple matter of seeing who's tougher. Take your yards, wait for the safeties to spin down, and see what happens when Colin or LJH go one on one.

TCU is a well put together football team. There's no, "Simple. Just do this!" game plan. We're just going to have to whip it out and see who's is biggest.

3 yards and a cloud of Ingram is on the menu.