Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

That's true, too.  TCU generated a ton of yards against OSU.  Oddly, though, their points came almost entirely off of big plays (Anderson's 90+ yard run; and several deep passes).  Again, I have no idea how good (or not good) TCU's OL is, because they were asked to do very little against OSU's fantastic DL. 
The few times OSU dropped numbers and Robinson was forced to make progressions to find an open man, though, he looked extremely mortal.
The problem for us is that we have a tendency to give up big plays. Conversely, if we only rush 3-4 we have not been able to generate pressure, and he will have all day for his guys to get open or to just take off after Hager disregards contain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Some Texas fans feel that TCU coach Gary Patterson was slighting Sam Ehlinger with a comment made about the Longhorns quarterback on Tuesday.

Drew Davison@drewdavison

TCU coach Gary Patterson on Texas QB Sam Ehlinger: "He will beat you with his feet. He’s a running back playing quarterback, he beats you with his feet. ... He’s the X-factor in their offense.”

2:26 PM · Sep 18, 2018

19 hours ago, runthebone said:

I don't see any way that is possible.

If they have been owning us by double digits for the last 4 years and they saw us play the last 3 games I don’t think it’s a stretch to believe they need to fear us. But perhaps I am going out on a limb there...

Nevertheless I hope it bites them in their slimy reptile ass...

• Like 1

Just now watching the tcu/wifebeater game and all I can say is Fuck herbstreit. That piece of shit is not even try to hide is bias. osu is the best at everything, sliding urban into a positive light reflected by his teams play, his defense never doing anything wrong while holding, his offense holds every play and getting the short end of all calls while never highlighting one fucking hold by osu.

Oh and fuck tcu. These cheaters hold on every play on offense and DB's get away with PI time and time again. We need to stop their run game. 

55 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Some Texas fans feel that TCU coach Gary Patterson was slighting Sam Ehlinger with a comment made about the Longhorns quarterback on Tuesday.

Drew Davison@drewdavison

TCU coach Gary Patterson on Texas QB Sam Ehlinger: "He will beat you with his feet. He’s a running back playing quarterback, he beats you with his feet. ... He’s the X-factor in their offense.”

I mean, I'm offended. He's a fullback, you fat sweaty fuck.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Game is gonna hinge on designed run plays for Sam

Sooooo, we're fooked then?  Seriously, if Sam can just gain positive yardage and/or move outside the pocket it forces the defense to account for this added wrinkle.  Easier said than done obviously, but we have a chance if their D is forced to cover the entire field.  We become one-dimensional, it's going to be a long night.

11 hours ago, Goodman said:

Just now watching the tcu/wifebeater game and all I can say is Fuck herbstreit. That piece of shit is not even try to hide is bias. osu is the best at everything, sliding urban into a positive light reflected by his teams play, his defense never doing anything wrong while holding, his offense holds every play and getting the short end of all calls while never highlighting one fucking hold by osu.

Oh and fuck tcu. These cheaters hold on every play on offense and DB's get away with PI time and time again. We need to stop their run game. 

Herbstreit is the biggest douchebag on TV. He fits right in with the rest of that awful fucking state.

I hope they stop giving osu games in Arlington so I don't have to deal with the mouth-breathing fucks that take over every beer joint in Dallas whenever they play here. They make OU fans seem pleasant. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Do we know each other? Because I was having this exact conversation with my friend who sits next to me at games. 

We agreed, he is a FB. 

My brother and I had the same conversation during the bowl game.  He had a nice downfield block to get Foreman into the endzone.  

We agreed, he is a FB.

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Game is gonna hinge on designed run plays for Sam

No doubt establishing a run game is absolutely critical. I don't think we'll be able to do it unless we come out with something new in the run game - something we have yet to see this year. It could happen. Break a few nice runs and it will open up the long passing game.

24 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

No doubt establishing a run game is absolutely critical. I don't think we'll be able to do it unless we come out with something new in the run game - something we have yet to see this year. It could happen. Break a few nice runs and it will open up the long passing game.

wildplay2_medium.jpg

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Drew Davison@drewdavison

That's one way to get Sam fired up...

13 minutes ago, XYZ said:

What’s the origin of the terms quarterback, halfback, and fullback?

Those were your great-great-grandmother's hourly rates for sex with the Yale football club back in the day. The good-looking offensive captain was only charged a quarter, the athletic running back was charged a half-dollar, and the burly fullback was charged an entire dollar. Unsatisfactory performance from your great-great granny often led to a player asking for his "quarter back", etc. and the terms were born that way. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

My brother and I had the same conversation during the bowl game.  He had a nice downfield block to get Foreman into the endzone.  

We agreed, he is a FB.

After having sex last week, my wife and I were saying the same thing during our pillow talk. Sam is a FB/csb

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Those were your great-great-grandmother's hourly rates for sex with the Yale football club back in the day. The good-looking offensive captain was only charged a quarter, the athletic running back was charged a half-dollar, and the burly fullback was charged an entire dollar. Unsatisfactory performance from your great-great granny often led to a player asking for his "quarter back", etc. and the terms were born that way. 

Lost it at "Yale football club"

On 9/18/2018 at 1:06 PM, pacman said:

Texas is 109th in fewest penalties per game

Texas is 118th in KO return defense

90th in PR return defense

100th in TO margin

Specials Teams and TOs will have to do a 180 in this game.

I was told MENSA would align this because MENSA.

The posters upthread fretting about the punt game are spot on. It reminds me of that stupid trend a few years ago where a few teams seemed to just let everybody rush at will. Mack solved that one really well. 

My nightmare scenario for this game features a blocked punt TD and a Sam pick-6. 

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I was told MENSA would align this because MENSA.

The posters upthread fretting about the punt game are spot on. It reminds me of that stupid trend a few years ago where a few teams seemed to just let everybody rush at will. Mack solved that one really well. 

My nightmare scenario for this game features a blocked punt TD and a Sam pick-6. 

Sounds like their ST isn't that great either. That will bite us in the ass at some point though, and almost definitely against okie lite again

Edited by Bevo14

4 hours ago, XYZ said:

What’s the origin of the terms quarterback, halfback, and fullback?

I like "tailback" or "runningback" myself. Shit evolved from Rugby.

Anyway what if the Horns grow some balls and come out in a single back and four wide set with Sam under center? This gives the QB the ball much quicker (first read is read instead of catch the snap) and changes the timing of the offense.

These stupid fucking frogs have been practicing against our standard "same ole shit" offense and it could be useful to line up in some formations they havent prep for and some timing they havent practiced against.

Just sayin. My goal on offense would be always to be "multiple". Have some air raid shit, some option run shit out of the gun, and some pro style shit. As long as its making the defence think they ain't defending.

So, about Sam's accuracy. He looks pretty accurate overall. Better than before. 

6.7 yards per attempt against USC. Not bad. And yes, when you go look at the USC video that dude posted above, it looks like seven consecutive incompletions that really didn't reflect badly on him at all. I think there was one missed throw of the seven. You aren't inaccurate if you complete the pass and the defender picks up your WR and shoves him out of bounds. It just doesn't work that way.

That fat sweaty bastard can flat out coach - even when Texas is down, you know he gameplans for weeks to make sure and pull a W out...this year with Ohio State the week before it makes you wonder if he still has the goods on UT.  Should be fun one to watch...bookies seem to be begging for TCU money, just like last week they seemed to want bets on USC putting Texas at -3.5. 

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I think a lot of the concern about the punter is because we lost the last punter to the league and we had gotten accustomed to that luxury.

He is a concern, but for me the punt rush is an even bigger one. He shanks more than Dicko did in his last year, but these dudes are getting in his face way, way too fast. 

• Like 1