NFL Week 2

Mo Horn

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Normally I would have felt sorry for them but I bet on the Saints today so glad they pulled a loss out of the jaws of defeat like they do so often.

But this is the last time I'm betting on the Saints. I am not sure if the Saints line is soft or the Browns line is that good but they got to Brees quite often today. Browns defense for the most part is not that bad so far this year.

Last year our line was great. Looks shaky this year. don't know what the problem is. And as a long time Saints fan I knew this game was close. I just thought it would be a tie or L. NEVER bet on the Saints to do what you expect.

The Green Bay game is annoying the shit out of me. They got totally jobbed on that roughing the passer call against Matthews. Then at least a couple other interceptions dropped. It’s like the football gods made a last-minute bet with each other. Then the field goal made but oh noes, timeout called! Jeez, get it the fuck over with already.

3 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Last year our line was great. Looks shaky this year. don't know what the problem is. And as a long time Saints fan I knew this game was close. I just thought it would be a tie or L. NEVER bet on the Saints to do what you expect.

I picked them last week in one of my NFL Survivor leagues, as did 25% of the people in it. I did not see last week coming. I wrote off Tampa on the road with Fitzpatrick. They looked like the 1998 Vikings with Moss out there.

The 4th down play today to tie the game is unacceptable. How in the world do you let the guy get behind you that easy? This offseason, I kept hearing how the moves they made would make their defense better. While it looked better today against the Browns, still a lot of glaring issues. But a win is a win in this league. No style points or committee to worry about.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Maybe it is just me but a FG makes me more nervous for my team when the camera angle is behind the kicker. I feel more confident when the camera angle is from behind the goalpost. No fucking idea why that is.

And as I type that, Vikings miss another FG lulz.

I feel like those Allstate hands in CFB have helped college kickers make more kicks lol

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Another tie coming?

Mostly, I enjoy the college game to the NFL.  But one thing I like better about the NFL is the clock rules.  They keep every game to a regulation time of about 3 hours and just a few minutes.  But the overtime in CFB is better.  It's quicker and more fair.  And it eliminates ties completely. It's not perfect, but it's better than the NFL version

3 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Mostly, I enjoy the college game to the NFL.  But one thing I like better about the NFL is the clock rules.  They keep every game to a regulation time of about 3 hours and just a few minutes.  But the overtime in CFB is better.  It's quicker and more fair.  And it eliminates ties completely. It's not perfect, but it's better than the NFL version

Completely agree about the time to finish the NFL game. Crisp 3 hours or maybe a little over in regulation. College games are way too fucking long these days. And the pace of play is bad. 

But I disagree about the OT. I don't mind the concept of what they do but starting at the 25 is ridiculously close. Move it back to the 50. Or at the minimum, the 40. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Completely agree about the time to finish the NFL game. Crisp 3 hours or maybe a little over in regulation. College games are way too fucking long these days. And the pace of play is bad. 

But I disagree about the OT. I don't mind the concept of what they do but starting at the 25 is ridiculously close. Move it back to the 50. Or at the minimum, the 40. 

Yeah. The 25 might be a little close.