2018-19 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

I just don’t understand how he thought anyone would really buy his argument. A ball making that kind of a divot on the second bounce? If that could actually happen, imagine what the greens would be like. It was a stupid fucking argument to begin with but for him to ask for a second and then third opinion was ludicrous.

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just don’t understand how he thought anyone would really buy his argument. A ball making that kind of a divot on the second bounce? If that could actually happen, imagine what the greens would be like. It was a stupid fucking argument to begin with but for him to ask for a second and then third opinion was ludicrous.

Maybe we should bring in a sketch artist. 

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Dang.... tough week for sports spectators.  Rory just nailed a guy with his Driver!!

Apparently it hit the guy in the mouth, but appears ok.  Spectator spoke with Rory about it and was getting medical attention... his mouth was bleeding a little bit.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Apparently it hit the guy in the mouth, but appears ok.  Spectator spoke with Rory about it and was getting medical attention... his mouth was bleeding a little bit.

They had a very couth interaction. I'd take a golf ball to the lip to get a bro hug from Rory. 

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They had a very couth interaction. I'd take a golf ball to the lip to get a bro hug from Rory. 

Yeah... they hugged it out. 😬  

Tiger looks better.... probably rounding into form for US Open...

Jordan hits a poor hybrid into small penalty area on #11.  Really a bad miss from the fairway... messing up an easy par 5.

2 birdies and missed 4ft putt on #10 for his 1 bogey...

-1 on today's Rd so far.

Edited by LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Jordan hits a poor hybrid into small penalty area on #11.  Really a bad miss from the fairway... messing up an easy par 5.

2 birdies and missed 4ft putt on #10 for his 1 bogey...

-1 on today's Rd so far.

Saves par with 4ft putt on #11.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Jordan having a great back 9. Unfortunately Kaymer is matching every birdie. 

Yeah Spieth -4 on Back 9.  Good 3 Rounds for Jordan..... Currently -11 tied 3rd  (4 back)

1st Rd    66

2nd Rd   70

3rd Rd    69

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Looked like kaymer would boat race everyone and then cantlay shoots a 64. Jordan with another top 10 too. 

Yeah, Spieth is certainly putting better now and I guess 3 straight Top 10's??  (PGA, Colonial and Memorial).  He also seemed to be hitting more fairways in regulation this week too.

Jordan needs to have a few good weekend rounds soon to keep his momentum going.

Tiger definitely faded. But his first 12 holes were pretty great. Easily could have been 9 under through 12.

Cantlay's round was on another level. Just rock solid play even after he had the lead and a hell of a comeback victory.

Jordan putted pretty great today to make up for a lot of loose shots but overall his game certainly seems to be getting back to where he can compete in the majors. Good to see, but I wish he had a different demeanor on the course.

Adam Scott's game is on point.

4 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Tiger definitely faded. But his first 12 holes were pretty great. Easily could have been 9 under through 12.

I caught about 30-45 minutes of TV coverage yesterday, while Tiger was blazing. It amazes me how the announcers go apeshit and seem ready to declare him the winner of the US Open because of how well he was playing for a few holes on a Sunday. They seemed completely oblivious to how mediocre he was on Thur/Fri/Sat; the hype is alive and it is real.

Sure Tiger could win at Pebble, but he will have to play great for more than 10-12 holes.

Good for Cantlay. When he first got on tour it was brutal to watch him shuffle around every shot and take forever. Johnny Miller said something about how bad it looked.— I guess he fixed it for the most part. 

He seems like a good dude with serious talent. 

23 hours ago, llanoflash said:

Good for Cantlay. When he first got on tour it was brutal to watch him shuffle around every shot and take forever. Johnny Miller said something about how bad it looked.— I guess he fixed it for the most part. 

He seems like a good dude with serious talent. 

Yeah - he is a great comeback story; from No. 1 ranked amateur, to spine surgery to having his best friend & caddy was killed by a hit & run driver as they crossed a street in Cali.
It's been posted here (or OTOB), but it's worth it for those who don't know his story

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/patrick-cantlay-a-comeback-from-nowhere

On 6/3/2019 at 6:46 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I caught about 30-45 minutes of TV coverage yesterday, while Tiger was blazing. It amazes me how the announcers go apeshit and seem ready to declare him the winner of the US Open because of how well he was playing for a few holes on a Sunday. They seemed completely oblivious to how mediocre he was on Thur/Fri/Sat; the hype is alive and it is real.

Sure Tiger could win at Pebble, but he will have to play great for more than 10-12 holes.

It's pretty unwatchable if you're not a Tiger knob slobber. He chipped a ball past the hole and moved over to see the line as it passed the hole and the announcer said "that's the greatness of Tiger, always thinking ahead", like fucking 8 year olds don't know to do that.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think the winner of 3 of the last 5 majors, and 4 of last 9, would like a word with you. 

Yeah, I’m not walking back on that one bit. I’ll take Rory with his A+ game over Brooks with his A+ game any day of the week.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think the winner of 3 of the last 5 majors, and 4 of last 9, would like a word with you. 

Brooks is not the shotmaker Rory is. When Rory is putting like this you would need to dust off prime Tiger or Jack to give him a run for his money. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’d take Brooks. And what is this horseshit about his relatively weak shotmaking?  Lulz. 

He’s right. Brooks is undoubtedly a great player, but Rory possesses an extra gear that very few ever have. When he is on his game, absolutely no one can beat him.

I think most people who seriously follow golf would agreee with that. It’s no slight against Brooks, he’s a phenomenal player.

7 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’d take Brooks. And what is this horseshit about his relatively weak shotmaking?  Lulz. 

Huh? Who said relatively weak? Rory is an all time playmaker. Like legendary level. Brooks is a more consistent putter for sure but I don't think he can quite throw darts at the pin like Rory was doing today. 

I like how they included the Canadian Open in the mix with the other majors, plus the Players. Granted, that was probably the best field the Canadian has had, but still... in my mind it's closer to the John Deere than the majors, but I guess if you're committed to 6 months of championship golf, you got to find something.

10 hours ago, Dewey said:

I like how they included the Canadian Open in the mix with the other majors, plus the Players. Granted, that was probably the best field the Canadian has had, but still... in my mind it's closer to the John Deere than the majors, but I guess if you're committed to 6 months of championship golf, you got to find something.

It was a good field but yeah it's just another stop on the tour. It isn't a major or the Players or a WGC or a handful of other events. 

20 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Cat says he’s not playing again until The Open. Sure, the month off worked well last time. 

yeah - IMO, that's not a good sign.
Tig's played in 2 events the month before the Masters, and has only played in one (non major - Jack's tourney) since. I don't think Tiger is going to be competitive if he's not playing tournament golf.

This is going to be the new normal, especially with the majors so condensed with the new schedule. 

Tiger is a guy that will probably win 1-2 times per year over the next handful of years if he stays healthy. 

Ill give him one thing... his schedule has to be the toughest on tour. He only plays marquee events with top fields.

12 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

yeah - IMO, that's not a good sign.
Tig's played in 2 events the month before the Masters, and has only played in one (non major - Jack's tourney) since. I don't think Tiger is going to be competitive if he's not playing tournament golf.

I mean... he won the Masters and finished 2 under at the US Open. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:26 PM, ztejas said:

I mean... he won the Masters and finished 2 under at the US Open. 

my point was that he played tournaments leading up to the Masters, but he really hasn't for the PGA, US Open and now the British, and he was not a contender in the PGA or at Pebble.

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

my point was that he played tournaments leading up to the Masters, but he really hasn't for the PGA, US Open and now the British, and he was not a contender in the PGA or at Pebble.

Ah I see. Also forgot we already played the PGA.