Left wing academics expose "grievance studies" for what they are.

EMAWesome

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, right here on this thread. You see, this is the problem with people who have a victim complex. When your side gets rightfully mocked OH MY GOD PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF ME EVERYONE HATES US WE ARE BEING PERSECUTED SOMEONE SAVE ME. When you and others rightfully mock the other side you just forget it happened. I mean for fuck's sake we are in a thread dedicated to mocking academia nuts, you have participated in the mocking of academia nuts in this thread, and you actually still believe that academia nuts aren't being mocked.

You have a mental condition, snowflake.

Yes, I’m the victim Mr. All Caps. I enjoy your hyperbolic nonsense though, it’s breaking up a rather monotonous Wednesday. I know you realize the difference of speaking about these topics on random internet boards versus the mainstream discussions taking place on larger stages, such as a college campus. Walk into any professor lounge on campus and question gender, in between sniffing their own farts, they’ll harangue you about being a homophobe. They’re no better than the homeless man peddling sharpened pencils on the side of the road. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I laugh every time I see James Damore. If evolution worked the way conservatives thought, every genetic precursor that led to him would've been smashed under rocks before reproductive age was reached.

James Damore is a smart guy and we SHOULD be able to talk about topics that he raised in a calm, rational manner.  However he comes across as the white guy in the all-hands company meeting that asks why can't we have a white employee group like (insert ethnicity) group.   You just can't do that.  He wasn't 100% wrong in his Google manifesto but his execution of his idea was poor.

I also roll my eyes at those from the other extremes.   I don't know how I will react the first time a co-worker introduces themselves and tells me what pronoun they require.

Not sure what we're supposed to take away from this thread...are you suggesting that far left wing people have crazy ideas?  Or that PC culture can get out of hand if taken too far? Either way, I don't think you'll find much disagreement.

Just as far right nut jobs have crazy ideas.  The problem is that in Trump's America the right wing nut jobs have become the dominant force of GOP, whereas, on the left the nut jobs are still just a fringe group.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, relapse98 said:

No. He didn't. I love that it says the same thing you were saying and yet he still didn't catch it, even after cut and pasting to show how smarts he is.

it's the strangest cognitive dissonance. how can you read that definition and not see the import of the words in the fucking definition? it's like he imprinted his own definition into those words. it's the weirdest disconnect.

30 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Yes, I’m the victim Mr. All Caps. I enjoy your hyperbolic nonsense though, it’s breaking up a rather monotonous Wednesday. I know you realize the difference of speaking about these topics on random internet boards versus the mainstream discussions taking place on larger stages, such as a college campus. Walk into any professor lounge on campus and question gender, in between sniffing their own farts, they’ll harangue you about being a homophobe. They’re no better than the homeless man peddling sharpened pencils on the side of the road. 

Do you frequently find yourself in professor lounges? How many? Where? And when there, do you strike up random conversations on gender? No, these are all just made up stories in your head that frighten you. Here's a suggestion: if these stories that never actually happen scare you then stop making them up. No more nightmares, just like that.

College campuses aren't mainstream, anyway. You display absolutely every characteristic of someone suffering from persecutory delusions. You think you and your close allies are in a battle against the man, which you call the mainstream, and nobody else understands it. There are just as many of you as there are of them. Your side makes fun of them just as much as they make fun of you. You have a major media outlet completely dedicated to people who think like you, just as they do. But you're scared of them and how they persecute you. It's really quite sad.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Do you frequently find yourself in professor lounges? How many? Where? And when there, do you strike up random conversations on gender? No, these are all just made up stories in your head that frighten you. Here's a suggestion: if these stories that never actually happen scare you then stop making them up. No more nightmares, just like that.

College campuses aren't mainstream, anyway. You display absolutely every characteristic of someone suffering from persecutory delusions. You think you and your close allies are in a battle against the man, which you call the mainstream, and nobody else understands it. There are just as many of you as there are of them. Your side makes fun of them just as much as they make fun of you. You have a major media outlet completely dedicated to people who think like you, just as they do. But you're scared of them and how they persecute you. It's really quite sad.

Frequently, no, but I was privy to a few of these conversations back when I was banging a TA. The smelling of their own farts wasn’t an exaggeration, their goal is to brainwash. I’m not sure why you continue to bring up fear, when the feeling that I engender most is that of pity. Many of these individuals are the same little kids that were stuffed in lockers and endured wedgies, so their desire to belong overrides intellectual honesty. 

Colleges aren’t mainstream? I believe the national enrollment is around 20 million, so you may want to reconfigure your position, as it’s embarrassingly incorrect. 

9 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Frequently, no, but I was privy to a few of these conversations back when I was banging a TA. The smelling of their own farts wasn’t an exaggeration, their goal is to brainwash. I’m not sure why you continue to bring up fear, when the feeling that I engender most is that of pity. Many of these individuals are the same little kids that were stuffed in lockers and endured wedgies, so their desire to belong overrides intellectual honesty. 

Colleges aren’t mainstream? I believe the national enrollment is around 20 million, so you may want to reconfigure your position, as it’s embarrassingly incorrect. 

I would guess that the vast majority of professors are there to do their jobs and go home.  but I also imagine there are a vocal view that use their job as a way to mold young minds.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

it's the strangest cognitive dissonance. how can you read that definition and not see the import of the words in the fucking definition? it's like he imprinted his own definition into those words. it's the weirdest disconnect.

He suffers from a mental condition.

Somebody start a running thead of leftist mockery, so this retard will stop cluttering up the board with numerous threads that nobody gives a fuck about. Every time you post, Fatty Fat Fat sheds tears of shame in Heaven. 

Actually just put it in the right wing thread so I can easily ignore both.