Left wing academics expose "grievance studies" for what they are.

EMAWesome

Part one, not directly connected to the project in part 2 but a demonstration into the same mindset.   Highlights in the video are blue haired thing getting so bent when female lecturer mentions that men are generally taller than women that she takes out the PA system while she is walking out of the lecture.  Then in interview later claiming her actions were all about defending freedom of speech.  Also in same interview blue haired thing equates saying men are generally taller than women with saying that triangles are round.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Thread title should read "Right wing troll unknowingly wastes more of own time than others".

Hmm, the video is six minutes long.   You posted two minutes after I posted it.  Why don't you first watch the video before commenting on it?  But I'm the troll.

22 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Hmm, the video is six minutes long.   You posted two minutes after I posted it.  Why don't you first watch the video before commenting on it?  But I'm the troll.

It would help if you explained what was in the video.  Why the fuck should I watch this?  Bonus points if you can use your own words. 

Otherwise you’re just asking people to click a blind video/link with little to no context.  

Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It would help if you explained what was in the video.  Why the fuck should I watch this?  Bonus points if you can use your own words. 

Otherwise you’re just asking people to click a blind video/link with little to no context.  

Click the link below the video it explains everything.  If that is too much work here is a summary.

Three left wing academics do a year long project (was supposed to me two years but the WSJ did a story on one of the papers they did and outed them in the process) where they write fake academic papers on topics related to women's studies, gender studies, and all the other "studies" they compile into what they call "grievance studies" to see if academics are seriously vetting them or challenging them on the conclusions of their papers.  They wrote 20 papers, seven got published including one that was given some kind of merit in academia standing by the publication that printed it (paper was about how dogs humping in dog parks are a symbol of the rape culture in the country).  Another paper rewrote 3600 pages of Mein Kaupf only slanted in a feminist angle and was published.  

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I’m not sure why some get so upset about the far far left.  They’re few in number and yes they might disrupt a speech, but the speech continues once they leave or taken out.   

Sounds like they proved that some academic publications do a poor job of publishing.  I would also assume that no one outside of academics really cares.   Some academic areas seem to exist solely for themselves and have no real utility.    I don’t care what they study but agree it seems pointless.

(Agree that more context should be given by the op.  What do you want us to discuss here?)

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Didn't you watch the video(s)? Didn't you watch the blue-haired thing? I feel like if you had watched the videos, and seen the blue-haired thing, it should be obvious to know what OP (an honorable man, to be sure) wanted everyone to discuss. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The title of the thread gives you a HUGE hint.  I'll add a bit more.  The left-wing academics in the video recount a project they did to expose the academic corruption of the grievance journals.  They submitted fraudulent papers with ridiculous findings (e.g. what dog humping shows about white privilege, or something like that).  They had numerous papers accepted.  They just had to have the "right" conclusion. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

ZERO points for self-awareness.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. Didn’t watch part 2 but the interview in part 1 was interesting in dissecting the thought patterns of modernism vs post modernism.

i would agree with the interviewer that both parties will never see eye to eye because they have fundamentally different viewpoints and ideologies.

• Like 1

Somebody start a running thead of leftist mockery, so this retard will stop cluttering up the board with numerous threads that nobody gives a fuck about. Every time you post, Fatty Fat Fat sheds tears of shame in Heaven. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Somebody start a running thead of leftist mockery, so this retard will stop cluttering up the board with numerous threads that nobody gives a fuck about. Every time you post, Fatty Fat Fat sheds tears of shame in Heaven. 

Very Tahoe.

Find most current right-wing outrage piece, post it as a new thread, provide no context to OP, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

I can't count the number of times I have started writing out a response to one of Chrispy's posts, only to remember that it's Chrispy I would be responding to, and thus any response is ultimately pointless. Gotta be triple digits at this point. I should make better use of the ignore function.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I can't count the number of times I have started writing out a response to one of Chrispy's posts, only to remember that it's Chrispy I would be responding to, and thus any response is ultimately pointless. Gotta be triple digits at this point. I should make better use of the ignore function.

Well, you may not be able to sway my opinion, but I don’t relish the idea that you view me as too far gone. If I remember correctly you were the victim of some sexual assault, my apologies, I will do my best to put aside the flippant replies from now on. 

Is Grievances Studies a real academic area?  Was it made up by the clever people behind this not-funny attempt to prove some people are morons?   I don't know what knowledge I'm supposed to bring to understand this conversation?

It sounds fake to me, but then again I think only a handful of colleges are really necessary in an university.  Liberal Arts, Humanities, Business are all topics that for most of the grads, can be learned on Wikipedia or taking a handful of classes.  A 4-year degree doesn't bring much to the table.  Many colleges/study areas are essentially a way to justify spending money or growing up.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What does science say about gender?

If Chrispy were a smarter poster he would have been able to communicate the idea that it's actually sexual dimorphism (not gender) that is the scientific fact the one crazy person had an issue with.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's not what science says about gender.

It's what science says about biological sex.

Not gender.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gender&oq=gender&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1183j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun

1. 1.
    the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
    "traditional concepts of gender"
    synonyms: sex
    "variables included age, income, and gender"
    •  

2. 2.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Typically, NOT exclusively.

Synonyms: sex.

Gender in common usage refers to Male or Female.

We are talking about science. When scientists talk about gender, they are not talking about sex. Conversely, when scientists talk about sex, they are not talking about gender.

But you already knew that.

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gender&oq=gender&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1183j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun

1. 1.
    the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
    "traditional concepts of gender"
    synonyms: sex
    "variables included age, income, and gender"
    •  

2. 2.

At least you tried to sound smart

26 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You see the academia nuts being mocked? Give me a break. 

Yeah, right here on this thread. You see, this is the problem with people who have a victim complex. When your side gets rightfully mocked OH MY GOD PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF ME EVERYONE HATES US WE ARE BEING PERSECUTED SOMEONE SAVE ME. When you and others rightfully mock the other side you just forget it happened. I mean for fuck's sake we are in a thread dedicated to mocking academia nuts, you have participated in the mocking of academia nuts in this thread, and you actually still believe that academia nuts aren't being mocked.

You have a mental condition, snowflake.

• Like 1