Magnum PI Reboot

pepper brooks

Funny Magnum moment I could not square away was in episode 2.  They go to the fancy restaurant, dude orders steak WELL DONE, and then proceeds to order a Chateau Margaux.  Those two things just cannot be squared up.  HIggins with a very solid order of Aubert chard.  One of my favorites.  Doubt that would be served by the glass, but I can let that slide.  Well done steak with Margaux?  Nope.  cannot work with that.  Other than that, it's fun as hell.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

And apparently Robin Masters is a real person vs Higgins’ pen name in the original. I like the show so far.

That story changed during the original show. In the first few seasons you saw glimpses of Robin every now and then (kinda like Charlie on Charlie's Angels). He was an Orson Welles type. Later it changed to Higgins pen name.

That story changed during the original show. In the first few seasons you saw glimpses of Robin every now and then (kinda like Charlie on Charlie's Angels). He was an Orson Welles type. Later it changed to Higgins pen name.

Yes, I recall that as well. It was never really reconciled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Passed on season 1 for a couple reasons. I hated the idea of a remake of the original, my favorite show of my youth. And I usually skip the first season of any show in case I really like it and it gets canceled. If renewed, I’ll catch up. That said, one of my dvr time waster shows was Hawaii 5-0. And they had a cross over with Magnum this season. I didn’t hate the characters like I thought I would, in fact I kinda enjoyed it. Enough so that I’m now catching up on season 1. It’s not as smart as the original, but still surprisingly enjoyable. Higgins is certainly easier on the eyes. Might have to rethink my avatar....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, there was nothing worth watching tonight so I decided to give the reboot a 2nd chance. Watched S3 E1 on demand. I stand by my previous assessment. This show is garbage and shits all over the memory of the original. It's piss.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Almost through season 3 and Some more observations :

1 TM had causal island wear down ! That man was always comfortable and island stylish. 

2 TM was a pussy magnet, he has to have at least 40 kids running around that island. you just know the Robins Nest was a raw dog only sone 

3 great cast and writing 

4 lot of Vietnam references and flashbacks, and man they nailed it. In the end, it’s always positive.

I’m digging it, a lot 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Angela Lansbury? Sharon Stone, Annie Potts, Mimi Rogers, Dana Delany, Morgan Fairchild...they were all guest stars. And you’re wondering about Angela Lansbury?

Oh btw, I finally watched an episode of Murder She Wrote for the first time a few months ago. God, it was bad.