Bowling Green fires Mike Jinks, Carl Pelini takes over

texifornia

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Seemed like a reach to begin with.  Cibolo Steele to a couple years as a position coach at Taco Tech to FBS HC?  Maybe the AD who hired him and the druggie should feel bad

I assumed tech hired him for recruiting purposes, and was surprised bowling Green hired hom.  I wondered how much those texas hs connections would pay off when trying to recruit to kentucky.  

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I assumed tech hired him for recruiting purposes, and was surprised bowling Green hired hom.  I wondered how much those texas hs connections would pay off when trying to recruit to kentucky.  

Mike Jinks is a super guy.    True that Tech hired him for recruiting where he did well and was promoted to associate head coach.   Only got 2.5 years at BG.  Not positive,  but I heard he was endorsed for the BG job by Dino Babers, former BG head coach.    

He will land on his feet likely as an assistant college coach in Texas.    He is well respected in the coaching fraternity, especially high school coaches.

Bowling Green Univ is in Ohio. 

• 2 months later...