2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

That one last night was going to be ugly. The Spurs haven't been playing well at all lately and haven't played worth a shit on the road in forever. It was the second game of a back to back at altitude in Denver plus the Nuggets were coming off a bad loss at GS. Add in the fact that the last time they played in SA, the Spurs got out to a huge lead before almost choking it away at the end in a game that Denver probably should have won. There are certain games that just set up badly and that was for sure one of them. 

53 minutes ago, Hate said:

Might as well get it over quickly.  That way your nights are free for the rest of spring/summer.

A few weeks ago I thought that they might be able to give anybody in the conference outside of GS a run for their money in a seven game series, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm fairly certain that outside of egregious injuries to their opponent, they are going to get run in the first round no matter who they match up against. They are so non-competitive on the road. That said, every day they stretch it out is one day closer to football season starting so I'd rather prolong the agony even if I know how it's going to end. Besides, there's just something particularly awesome and puro San Antonio about going to grab a couple of beers and some meat on a stick at NIOSA right when it opens and then heading down to a playoff game.

That would be when I would miss them being downtown. There was nothing better than walking out of the Hemisphere Arena and stumbling around during Fiesta or going to the bar that was right behind the Alamo ( I cant remember the name) before heading over to Mi Tierra for enchiladas and a 32 oz beer.

3 hours ago, Hate said:

That would be when I would miss them being downtown. There was nothing better than walking out of the Hemisphere Arena and stumbling around during Fiesta or going to the bar that was right behind the Alamo ( I cant remember the name) before heading over to Mi Tierra for enchiladas and a 32 oz beer.

Are you thinking about Ernie's? Or perhaps the Bonham? NTTIAWWT

5 hours ago, Hate said:

Hemisfair sounds like some real old guy shit, but those 32 oz. beers were still there as of last month when I stayed downtown for a conference. Luckily some things about SA never change (come back Timmy).

Put us out of our misery already. And give Lonnie some more minutes please.

Are you thinking about Ernie's? Or perhaps the Bonham? NTTIAWWT

Ernies!! That was it. We used to go there all the time before and after games. I worked at H-E-B ‘a headquarters downtown so it was great to be able to stay in the area before the games.

And yeah, Hemisphere Arena is some old guy shit. But for those of us that were there in its heydays of the 70’s and the early David Robinson years it was glorious....unless your seat was behind one of those poles.

59 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:

Just gotta hope OKC loses once between their games vs Houston and the Bucks, and the Spurs take care of Dallas.

OKC really doesn’t matter anymore, do they?  I mean, I’m figuring the 6 and 7 seeds are pretty much interchangeable.

As long as we beat Dallas (which is *far* from a given this season), we’re assured of no worse than 7th.

Well, and I guess you could argue that OKC could beat Denver/Houston in the first round, so it would be nice to have home court as the 6 seed assuming we make it to Round 2.

That’s getting way ahead of ourselves though.  I’m still worried about the Mavs.

14 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

Just depends on if you want Denver or Houston.

Oh come on you know who we want. 

11 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Hmmmmm, a spurs team that really needs a win... On the last game..  against a team with nothing to play for... Sheeeit.   At least it's at home. 

The Pelicans loss in 2015 still pisses me off. 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, Hate said:

Ernies!! That was it. We used to go there all the time before and after games. I worked at H-E-B ‘a headquarters downtown so it was great to be able to stay in the area before the games.

And yeah, Hemisphere Arena is some old guy shit. But for those of us that were there in its heydays of the 70’s and the early David Robinson years it was glorious....unless your seat was behind one of those poles.

LOL I remember going to one of the last games in the Hemisphere Arena when I was in middle school. My friend's older brother got us tickets because he had a "connection" and his connection hooked us up with seats directly behind a pole.

I remember saying, "Matt these tickets say OBSTRUCTED VIEW, what does that mean?" as we walked up to the arena.

• Like 1

Assuming Portland beats the Lakers tonight...

Spurs beat Dallas

#6 vs. Portland (if OKC loses to Bucks, Portland beats Kings)

#6 vs. Houston (if OKC & Portland lose)

#7 vs. Denver (if OKC wins)

Spurs lose to Dallas

#7 vs. Denver (if LAC loses)

#8 vs. Golden State (if LAC beats Jazz)