2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

The tough part is it appears, according to Pop and our beat writers, that Derrick White is going to be out until at least after the ASB and maybe after.  Pop won't play Lonnie very much so it's going to be a lot of Patty and Forbes.... along with DeMar.

Shame to drop this one as we were doing everything you wanted on this stretch before the ASB.  Now, if we lose the next 3 (all tough), we sort of just held serve and return to the RRT after the break.

I realize that tweet is merely for discussion, but what good would it be to have AD and LMA on the same team with the current backcourt and without any future picks to build it back up?

Sans DDR and Murray, it'd be Patty, Bryn Forbes, Marco, White, and LW4? Ugh.

Maybe they'd do OK this year, but it'd be 40 years in the desert after that, especially if AD doesn't re-up. 

EDIT: Only hope is to find a team stupid enough to take Patty and Pau's contracts off our hands, or just wait for them to expire and give guys like Poeltl, White, and Murray time to develop. LMA and DDR will be about done by then, same for Rudy, but what else is there?

Edited by Braff Zacklin

25 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I realize that tweet is merely for discussion, but what good would it be to have AD and LMA on the same team with the current backcourt and without any future picks to build it back up?

Sans DDR and Murray, it'd be Patty, Bryn Forbes, Marco, White, and LW4? Ugh.

Maybe they'd do OK this year, but it'd be 40 years in the desert after that, especially if AD doesn't re-up. 

EDIT: Only hope is to find a team stupid enough to take Patty and Pau's contracts off our hands, or just wait for them to expire and give guys like Poeltl, White, and Murray time to develop. LMA and DDR will be about done by then, same for Rudy, but what else is there?

Frankly, who gives a shit.... you build around him.  Would it make more sense to trade LMA for him?  Sure, but LMA is 33 almost 34 in NBA years so go with the younger players.  

But that would give you a core of:

White, Lonnie, AD, Bertans and maybe Metu.

From there you probably sell LMA for help wherever you can get it and then start adding around him in the offseason.  The issue would be if Davis would want to bounce in a year and if Pop would stay on coaching.  Then again, that deal probably happens anyway.

Spurs trying to get anyone to take Pau's deal.... Not sure anyone will bite.

30 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Good points. I'm still miffed at PATFO for letting Dedmon and Boban walk, so am averse to losing yet another promising C.

I would be shocked if anyone bites on Pau. Why would they?

They wouldn’t. I can toss in about $3.50 to any team who trades for him.

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I can't believe there is another quarter plus left in this game. I don't want to go back to the old grind it out days, but giving up 90 in three quarters just doesn't sit well with me. [/old man rant]

I'm right there with you. I miss playing at least some defense. [/also old man rant]