10.29.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

21 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Herman gets fairly criticized for many of his answers in these pressers, but both of these are great answers to address potentially tricky situations.

I think this is part and parcel of him getting better at these overall.

He is much more comfortable up there and it shows. (I am sure that winning 6 in a row helped this, but even so)..he is not nearly as defensive nor arrogant .  His delivery is thoughtful and honest and not condescending....... and not just coach speak...I like the way these go now.  (not excusing the ass kicking he and we took on Saturday, but there are a hundred other threads about that..this small part of his job seems to be smoothing out a bit)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Can't believe no one asked him why we keep deferring the coin toss when we can't stop a junior high team on opening drives. And the lack of a pass rush unless we blitz all 11 guys.

I wish we had not chosen to kick off in the first half against OSU this game. I know I and many other fans have called for tempo, but this was one game where we could have benefitted from making a conscious effort to chew up clock during the first quarter. Imagine if the Pokes only had two series to exploit Boyce and Cook instead of four.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I wish we had not chosen to kick off in the first half against OSU this game. I know I and many other fans have called for tempo, but this was one game where we could have benefitted from making a conscious effort to chew up clock during the first quarter. Imagine if the Pokes only had two series to exploit Boyce and Cook instead of four.

100% this.

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Not if you're trying to make the college football playoff, Tom. 

I'm a Texas Fan......

But this current Longhorn Team is not a Top 10 caliber group. With their remaining B12 schedule, this Team still has a fair shot to make B12 CCG if they play exceptionally well against West Virginia this Saturday. 🤘