OK STATE @ Baylor

'stache

11am, Toilet Bowl Stadium, FS1, OSU -6.

Cute lids.

64fb639ba94759938d533601d96d1b0a.jpg

Good news(for me): My buddy is in Waco for the game and is bringing me a bottle of Balcones high rye bourbon and a Texas Single Malt finished in a sherry cask.

Sad news (for me): OSU hasn’t won in Waco since 2009.

Sad news (for human decency): Over many years several Baylor football players committed many horrible rapes. The Baylor coaching staff and administration covered it up with help from the Waco police department.

Why are they still allowed to play high level football in our league?

Cornelius is maybe the worst down field thrower I've seen at OSU in the Gundy era.

He's okay inside of 15 yards, and can be a surprisingly effective runner, but he is absolutely terrible at throws over 20 yards.  

Edited by Monster

I don't remember much about Gundy's first team, but I remember he was cleaning up the program, letting go of discipline guys, and that lead to the 4-7 record.

This year's potentially sub .500 is something else entirely.  All things considered, this is probably Gundy's worst season as OSU"s head coach...and it's hard not to put them blame directly on his shoulders.    

I'm still a Gundy fan, but he's got a few major blindspots and those have absolutely contributed to a terrible 2018 season.

Edited by Monster

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

and corndog is back to his old ways.  played the game of his life against us and the receivers caught everything near them. sad we lost to 2 teams that are very average.

7 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

This is the team I was talking about before we played UT. Baylor’s offense must be terrible.

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And people were trying to excuse that loss last weekend. This Oklahoma St is not good this year. Pathetic loss.

UT 23 Baylor 17 in Austin

OSU 38 UT 35 in Stillwater

Baylor 35 OSU 31 in Waco

What exactly is surprising here?

Our OL already sucked and we had to move shit around again so they were worse.  We committed a shit ton of penalties, which I guess is just normal now, but most were on crucial third down plays.  Either we get a first and it gets called back for a penalty, or we stop them on 3rd down and they get granted the first because of a penalty.  We're capable of playing as well as we did against Texas, it just isn't happening.  Our defense will never be world beaters, but god damned if we can't stop simple passes and run plays up the middle in key situations we may as well just stop playing the game.  Yes, OU will win by 40+.  Just need to take our lumps and hopefully we can upset WVU .  Not likely, but possible.  If not, TCU in FW is for bowl eligibility.  This seasons sucks.  Ready to move past this stop gap QB and see if we can improve defensively with a year's experience.