2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

15 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Great--there's evidence of suppression and you refused to read it. 

That's what you people do.   You're old enough to do your research instead of spitting out what Hannity, Tucker, and Rush tell you their lies of things. 

A surly thread on suppression is far from evidence of suppression.   Most states conduct large-scale voter removals.

Georgia’s voter cancellations jumped in 2017 because it was the first time the state used an automated process since upgrading its voter registration database in 2013.  The Secretary of State’s Office didn’t attempt to cancel inactive voters in 2015 because the new registration system’s accuracy wasn’t verified in time.

Canceling voter registrations is a years-long process in Georgia.  Voters can be designated as “inactive” if they make no contact with election officials for at least three years and then don’t return a confirmation notice to verify their information is correct. Voters labeled as “inactive” are still registered and able to participate in elections.

After voters are declared “inactive,” their registrations can be canceled if they don’t participate in any elections or have contact with election officials for the next two federal general election cycles, or four years. Voters whose registrations are canceled can re-register to vote.  

They key is.  They can still vote.  It's not suppression.  It is a good thing that these cancellations occur.  You want the dead people off the rolls.  

Believe me, if there is wide spread legitimate voter suppression, a lawsuit will be filed and the votes counted

2 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Can someone explain to me how all the moronic, racist, rapist, high school educated, poor, rural Trump voters can figure out how to vote but the urban, hip, college educated democrat supporters can't figure it out?

Because no one's actively trying to come up with ways to stop them.

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

Can someone explain to me how all the moronic, racist, rapist, high school educated, poor, rural Trump voters can figure out how to vote but the urban, hip, college educated voters democrat supporters can't figure it out?

Because the Republicans in charge there decided not to close any of the polling places in their counties?

Can someone explain to me how all the moronic, racist, rapist, high school educated, poor, rural Trump voters can figure out how to vote but the urban, hip, college educated democrat supporters can't figure it out?

Yep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Why would republicans stop their base from voting?

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

Like making them get off their couch to vote?   Exercising your rights does require stepping away from the cell phone.  

No, like declaring that because Native Americans on reservations in North Dakota  don't have proper mailing addresses (because the postal service won't deliver to their houses and force them to use PO boxes), they can't be registered to vote.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Great--there's evidence of suppression and you refused to read it. 

That's what you people do.   You're old enough to do your research instead of spitting out what Hannity, Tucker, and Rush tell you their lies of things. 

Even if he did read it, he wouldn't understand it.

• Like 1

We could have same day registration or automatic registration like many other countries. We could make voting a national holiday like many other countries. We could have more polling locations like many other countries.
You’re really stupid if you think that the US is easier to vote in than many other countries.
The bars are closed on election day in Mexico. Do you want to live like that?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirk X West said:

No, like declaring that because Native Americans on reservations in North Dakota  don't have proper mailing addresses (because the postal service won't deliver to their houses and force them to use PO boxes), they can't be registered to vote.

If you want to take away their tribal sovereignty,  feel free to do so.  They can still vote

• Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

A surly thread on suppression is far from evidence of suppression.   Most states conduct large-scale voter removals.

Georgia’s voter cancellations jumped in 2017 because it was the first time the state used an automated process since upgrading its voter registration database in 2013.  The Secretary of State’s Office didn’t attempt to cancel inactive voters in 2015 because the new registration system’s accuracy wasn’t verified in time.

Canceling voter registrations is a years-long process in Georgia.  Voters can be designated as “inactive” if they make no contact with election officials for at least three years and then don’t return a confirmation notice to verify their information is correct. Voters labeled as “inactive” are still registered and able to participate in elections.

After voters are declared “inactive,” their registrations can be canceled if they don’t participate in any elections or have contact with election officials for the next two federal general election cycles, or four years. Voters whose registrations are canceled can re-register to vote.  

They key is.  They can still vote.  It's not suppression.  It is a good thing that these cancellations occur.  You want the dead people off the rolls.  

Believe me, if there is wide spread legitimate voter suppression, a lawsuit will be filed and the votes counted

People should never have their right to vote taken away for being inactive.

Edited by RayDog

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

If you want to take away their tribal sovereignty,  feel free to do so.  They can still vote

Uh, no they can't.  This has nothing to do with tribal sovereignty.  It has to do with targeting a group of voters in a small state who typically vote D.

2 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Like making them get off their couch to vote?   Exercising your rights does require stepping away from the cell phone standing in line for several hours because the Republicans in charge decided that your minority-filled county only needed one polling place and that place should only have three voting machines without power cords.

fify

56 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There's supposedly 100k in Pima and 472k in Maricopa.  These are "early ballots that were mailed out but dropped off in-person."  IF they followed Election Day split in the 2 counties, Sinema would be up +300 but since they are early votes, they could track more Democrat, but who knows.

Someone is going to win by the SKIN of their teeth in Arizona. 

Damn that could be really close. I've got it at Sinema 1,128,401 and McSally 1,127,777 if those are the outstanding vote totals and the ratios stay the same. Are there other votes in red counties, though?

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Oh ok. So that still makes us the easiest country to vote in? Or have you just abandoned that lie?

Let me put it to you another way...John Paul Stevens, a liberal justice for the supreme court, wrote the opinion that stated voter Id laws do not place an undue burden on people attempting to vote.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Damn that could be really close. I've got it at Sinema 1,128,401 and McSally 1,127,777 if those are the outstanding vote totals and the ratios stay the same. Are there other votes in red counties, though?

A few. NYT Upshot has it at +.07 McSally projected.

Let me put it to you another way...John Paul Stevens, a liberal justice for the supreme court, wrote the opinion that stated voter Id laws do not place an undue burden on people attempting to vote.

Once again, that isn't refuting what he is saying.

Man you are a beating.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We’re supoosed to get some update this evening. But no counts may be finalized until Thursday....

500k in Maricopa (near split between the two)

80-100k in Pima (Sinema up double digits)

40k in Pinal (McSally up)

They're "late early" votes, so....no idea how they're going to break. 

Edited by Js1

Cool. That’s again not what you said but thanks for trying to move the goalposts.

Let me out it to you another way... you said the US was the easiest place to vote in the world. That’s false.