2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Democrats pickup the Nevada governor’s race.

More on Will Hurd -

FUCK

I should have taken the day off tomorrow. I need to go to bed but I don’t want to miss anything!!

Thats what you get for living on bama time, but I can't say anything I have to go to work in 5 hours

I'm calling Arizona for McSally. The last dump of precincts came in heavier Sinema counties (namely, Pima, which is Tucson). The vote there is almost fully counted, and she didn't make much inroad in terms of the total vote deficit, which now sits at around 22K votes. Sinema still have a Pinal County problem (65% reporting, currently +17 to McSally). She's going to have to run WAY ahead in the remaining 18% in Maricopa County (Phoenix), which she's currently winning, but by only 3K votes with over 900K votes cast. I simply don't see it happening.

This should be a hold for the Rs.

Montana is still too close to call.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

Yes. Using slavery. Just like America did originally. 

Cry me a fucking river. If things are so bad for you, and you feel that guilty, renounce all of your material possessions and go live in a Himalayan monetary  

Oh, hell no! Can’t do without that smartphone and Instagram. 

Fuck off. 

13 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Cry me a fucking river. If things are so bad for you, and you feel that guilty, renounce all of your material possessions and go live in a Himalayan monetary  

Oh, hell no! Can’t do without that smartphone and Instagram. 

Fuck off. 

I don't have many possessions. You know nothing about me.

1 hour ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

I'm calling Arizona for McSally. The last dump of precincts came in heavier Sinema counties (namely, Pima, which is Tucson). The vote there is almost fully counted, and she didn't make much inroad in terms of the total vote deficit, which now sits at around 22K votes. Sinema still have a Pinal County problem (65% reporting, currently +17 to McSally). She's going to have to run WAY ahead in the remaining 18% in Maricopa County (Phoenix), which she's currently winning, but by only 3K votes with over 900K votes cast. I simply don't see it happening.

This should be a hold for the Rs.

Montana is still too close to call.

Just embarrassing that this was even a race in AZ.  The female Top Gun shouldn't have had to toss her hair to beat the hippy in a red state.

12 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Just embarrassing that this was even a race in AZ.  The female Top Gun shouldn't have had to toss her hair to beat the hippy in a red state.

A lot of people didn’t like mcstinky because of her healthcare votes. It also pissed people off when she stood up and yelled at her GOP colleagues during the failed Obamacare repeal attempt  “LETS GET THIS FUCKING THING DONE”. I mean enthusiasm is great and all, but you shouldn’t be excited about stripping healthcare from over 20 million people.

Edited by Voldemort86

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Trump's Admin is over.  He will spend two years being investigated, and being a crooked dishonest fuck who cannot stop from interfering once his kids get indicted, he will be impeached. 

Stick around.  The next two will be more contentious than the last two.

The next two will be glorious... write it down.

44 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

If the Green Party candidate had dropped out earlier, I guarantee you Sinema wins.

That party needs to have a "come-to-Jesus" moment after this election. They've robbed their ideological equals in two elections now.

9 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

If the Green Party candidate had dropped out earlier, I guarantee you Sinema wins.

That party needs to have a "come-to-Jesus" moment after this election. They've robbed their ideological equals in two elections now.

I still remember they fucked over Danny o Connor in that special election this summer.

11 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I see this as “kissing your sister” election. 

Both sides can point to where they’ve won. 

Let’s see what happens the next 2 years. 

Yes.   The Trump and th Senate can now push worse judicial candidates through.   The Dems will stop trump from one sided laws.  And we will have oversight on the Administration now.

i would have preferred a deeper blue wave but all in all, the Dems won last night.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Spin it however you want but Trump just got his balls cut off. 

Until he (or Pence) replaces judges with whom they want with impunity. 

Trump did better than Obama did in his 1st mid-term when he lost the supermajority he had in Congress. 

I hope Trump gets what is coming to him but you’re blinded If you think historically this is getting his balls handed to him. 

I can’t wait to see what House does and the Russia investigation should hit pedal to the metal now elections are over. 

Last night killed off the gop party in Harris county.  At least in terms of voting in county wide republicans.   All of the republicans swept out of office in Harris last night can thank Cruz and trump.  That includes culberson.

harris county republicans will still fundraiser well for the gop but they won’t have any local officials especially with straight ticket being removed by Abbott and Patrick.  

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Last night killed off the gop party in Harris county.  At least in terms of voting in county wide republicans.   All of the republicans swept out of office in Harris last night can thank Cruz and trump.  That includes culberson.

harris county republicans will still fundraiser well for the gop but they won’t have any local officials especially with straight ticket being removed by Abbott and Patrick.  

Legit surprised Emmett lost. One of only 2 GOP I did vote for.  Houston lost a leader when it came to hurricane/weather crises 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

This is pretty much exactly what I expected. May be one less Senate pickup.

The only surprising gop senate pickup I can see is Scott taking Florida.   Or I assume he will take it with a 34k lead.  I guess there are some mail in ballots to count.

i will give the gop credit in not losing as many governorships as predicted.   Taking OH and FL was unexpected.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Legit surprised Emmett lost. One of only 2 GOP I did vote for.  Houston lost a leader when it came to hurricane/weather crises 

I agree but that doesn’t mean the winner is a bad leader.  Time will tell.

Conservative or moderate politicians in Harris will now need to switch to Dem in order to win.   That doesn’t mean they have to bow to pelosi but rather just accept the realities.   Just as statewide candidate all switched to the gop in the 80s or 90s when they were previously democrats.

I'm happy.  Sure, I would have loved to see every one of Trump's allies swept out of office in a blue tsunami, but that was not realistic.  What we did get is the GOP and by extension Trumpism losing control of one body of the federal government.   That's huge.  Legislatively at least, both parties have to share power again and either A) figure a way to work together or B) get nothing done.  Either of those is better than radical conservatism operating unchecked in congress.  The window of opportunity for the 'pubs to repeal the ACA just slammed shut.  Trump will no longer be able to dictate American policy in the sole interests of wealthy, white, religious males without a fight.  Finally, Trump lost a good portion of his previously impenetrable umbrella of protection and obstruction against Mueller, truth and justice.

Today is MUCH better than yesterday.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Duncan Hunter will be serving in the house from Terminal Island Federal Penitentiary.  Good work Republicans.  You didn't vote for the brown guy with the funny name that isn't charged with dozens of felonies. 

Well now hold on a second, there's still a chance that this upstanding gentleman is able to shift the crimes onto his wife. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Well now hold on a second, there's still a chance that this upstanding gentleman is able to shift the crimes onto his wife. 

Odds he’s pardoned by Trump? Same with Collins. Likely to extremely high chance 

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I'm happy.  Sure, I would have loved to see every one of Trump's allies swept out of office in a blue tsunami, but that was not realistic.  What we did get is the GOP and by extension Trumpism losing control of one body of the federal government.   That's huge.  Legislatively at least, both parties have to share power again and either A) figure a way to work together or B) get nothing done.  Either of those is better than radical conservatism operating unchecked in congress.  The window of opportunity for the 'pubs to repeal the ACA just slammed shut.  Trump will no longer be able to dictate American policy in the sole interests of wealthy, white, religious males without a fight.  Finally, Trump lost a good portion of his previously impenetrable umbrella of protection and obstruction against Mueller, truth and justice.

Today is MUCH better than yesterday.

Getting the House Intelligence committee back is huge in and of itself.

• Like 1