2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Projection I was told was a pickup of 10.

This is the downballot impact of a strong candidate at the top of the ballot. Having a strong, inspiring campaign at the top yields real dividends.

I’m quite surprised. And I like the trend. Gerrymanders are now questionable.

It is nearly all in now - Siegel (D) will end up within 3-5 percentage points in a heavily R district. The parts of that district that will grow are Travis County and Harris County (the aggy part but will trend more blue as it grows). I am gonna have to get involved in that one for 2020 if I still live in the district.

Just now, Gatorubet said:

I'm pretty sure New Orleans wins the food throw-down with fucking San Diego.

New Orleans is a great food city.  One of the finest in the world.  The rest of Louisiana is a fuckng  third-world deep-fried shithole.  

I'll put San Diego against the state of LA any fucking day

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

why hasn't Florida senate or GA governor races not been called?  I assume that there are still enough votes out there that could flip the results?  And I know Abrams doesn't have to catch Kemp but just pull him down below 50%.  Which is possible because there is a 3rd party candidate.

I was wondering that to.  Maybe there is a box of 100k votes to count sitting somewhere

The result that gruntles me most is Kobach losing the Kansas Gubernatorial to Laura Kelley.

Women have put a serious stamp on this election and that is huge for the future of our country, but Kobach is a most serious immigration and electoral policy reprobate, and useless Trump felcher.

• Like 1

One more "score" before I call it a night:

Reps stole 1 Senate seat, won 1 tossup, projected to steal 3 more Senate seats. = 5 total

Reps stole 1 House seat, won 3 toss-up, projected to win 5 other toss-ups, projected to steal 1 others.  =10 won - 4 lost = 6 total

Dems stole 2 House seats, 4 toss-up House, projected to steal 2 more, and win 1 more toss-ups = 9 won - 2 lost = 7 total

Dems project to be blanked in the Senate amd lose 4 they should win = -4 total

Just now, Honeysucklerose said:

Harris county now has a 27 year old female as county judge. Wow! Chalk up another win to Beto

Continuation of the GOP getting partially wiped out in Harris in 16. They finished the job. But damn Emmett was one of the good ones 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

New Orleans is a great food city.  One of the finest in the world.  The rest of Louisiana is a fuckng  third-world deep-fried shithole.  

I'll put San Diego against the state of LA any fucking day

I’ll even admit Louisiana food sucks outside the BR/NOLA area.  But the crayfish is always good. 

4 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Harris county now has a 27 year old female as county judge. Wow! Chalk up another win to Beto

Ft Bend County judge seat flipped too.

I was just looking at the local races down there. Ft Bend is blue. Dem sweeps in all judge and clerk positions that were contested.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Maybe its cause I miss deep fried food. I also miss bbq, does california have good bbq?

Not so much.  But we've got good everything else.  San Diego has amazing asian food of all varieties.  The best mexican anywhere.  Amazing italian.  It's a great food city. 

Just now, Gatorubet said:

Don't think so. 4 precincts left according to the NYT interactive map.   About a grand worth of votes for Evers if the ratio for the county holds true.

The city said they had a modem problem so uncounted. Not unreported 

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

The result that gruntles me most is Kobach losing the Kansas Gubernatorial to Laura Kelley.

Women have put a serious stamp on this election and that is huge for the future of our country, but Kobach is a most serious immigration and electoral policy reprobate, and useless Trump felcher.

People are going to misread this.  This isn't a referendum on Trump.  This is a postmortem  referendum on Sam Brownback.  That assfuck did more damage to the Republican Party in Kansas then Steve Patterson did to Texas athletics.

Just now, EMAWesome said:

People are going to misread this.  This isn't a referendum on Trump.  This is a postmortem  referendum on Sam Brownback.  That assfuck did more damage to the Republican Party in Kansas then Steve Patterson did to Texas athletics.

That's a serious charge dude.