2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

Current "score:"

Reps stole 1 Senate seat, won the tossup, projected to steal 3 more Senate seats. = 5 total

Reps won 3 toss-up House, projected to win 3 other toss-ups, projected to steal 5 others.  =11 total

Dems stole 2 House seats, 4 toss-up House, projected to steal two more, and win 3 more toss-ups = 11 total

Dems project to be blanked in the Senate.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Carter is pulling away, apparently more Bell County hadn't been counted than Williamson. Carter will win.

https://enrpages.sos.state.tx.us/public/nov06_331_race31.htm?x=0&y=42.66666793823242&id=886

It's been 49 of 49 in Bell for awhile. Don't think the E-Day votes are there for Hegar, but I bet she closes that gap by just a touch.

As a liberal, was this night better or worse than you expected?

Nationally, better. Taking 35 house seats exceeded my expectations. I can’t wait to see real hearings on the corruption of the current administration.

I never expected the Democrats to take the senate and I had an idealistic hope that Beto could pull off a miracle but my head knew my heart wasn’t being realistic.

On a state level, I’m disgusted. But I’m used to that feeling with the sole exception of Doug Jones. We elected a terrible geriatric empty pantsuit for governor and passed three of the most odious amendments ever put forth on any ballot.

On the whole, I know Trump is furious and scared about the results of the House results so tonight is a win.

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Current "score:"

Reps stole 1 Senate seat, won the tossup, projected to steal 3 more Senate seats. = 5 total

Reps won 3 toss-up House, projected to win 3 other toss-ups, projected to steal 5 others.  =11 total

Dems stole 2 House seats, 4 toss-up House, projected to steal two more, and win 3 more toss-ups = 11 total

Dems project to be blanked in the Senate.

The Republicans could win a filibuster proof majority in the Senate and it wouldn't matter with a Democratic House.

2 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Missed on Beto, but better than expected.

No way it can be better than expected with FL/OH going the way they did. Those are important states in the 2020 election and with the Senate adding seats, governors staying pretty red, and key presidential battleground states staying red it makes it a little more difficult. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

No way it can be better than expected with FL/OH going the way they did. Those are important states in the 2020 election and with the Senate adding seats, governors staying pretty red, and key presidential battleground states staying red it makes it a little more difficult. 

I expected the dems to step on their dicks as they are known to do.

38 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Mueller and Justice gonna put a big thumb on that scale.  Alter your math accordingly.

The only place Mueller is sticking his thumb is up his ass.  Notice you haven't heard one word about Mueller, Russia, or collusion since Trump sent all the FICA documents to the solicitor general whose only job is to investigate governmental corruption.

I will however alter my math because I did forget to factor in that every day is one day closer to the day when Trump gets to name a replacement for Ginsburg and there's nothing a Democratic majority in the House can do to stop him.

5 minutes ago, Brew said:

Most Dems feel good.

For some reason across the board Repubs are trying to convince Dems they shouldn't feel good, which means, they love their anger, and the Dems don't.

We shall reserve our ire for Trump. Distance yourself from him & get ou of the way. He's in the cross hairs.

And he's got weird hair.

Edited by Agent47

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

The only place Mueller is sticking his thumb is up his ass.  Notice you haven't heard one word about Mueller, Russia, or collusion since Trump sent all the FICA documents to the solicitor general whose only job is to investigate governmental corruption.

I will however alter my math because I did forget to factor in that every day is one day closer to the day when Trump gets to name a replacement for Ginsburg and there's nothing a Democratic majority in the House can do to stop him.

You're about to be deluged with Mueller, Russia, and collusion.

Election season is over.

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Mueller hasn't said anything because he's not a partisan hack. He knows he's not supposed to drop stuff around the election to avoid been seen as favoring one side over the other.

1 minute ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Mueller hasn't said anything because he's not a partisan hack. He knows he's not supposed to drop stuff around the election to avoid been seen as favoring one side over the other.

That doesn't explain why the media has dropped it.

As disgusted as I am with my home state of Florida, I reserve my ultimate ire for the morally bankrupt and gross voters in Duncan Hunter’s district.

Dude is a literal thief, under indictment, and ran some of the most racist ads in history.

Yet they still said “Here! Take my vote!”

And they make fun of people from the south. Fuck every last one of those people.

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

You bring up a good point here.  It explains why the Democrats are so enthusiastic about electing women to political office. 

If you mean our democracy was designed in part on the Iroquois model, where women defined the political, social, spiritual, and economic norms of the tribe, yeah, I believe women should hold office.

10 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Mueller will scorch Trump, and all the GOP rats will scurry.

All you will have in the future is the supreme Court, probably being overruled one day by constitutional amendments.

The populace is against you. All you have is court packings and stolen elections backed up by rigged gavels. You have 2000 in repeat. And the lowliest most shameful presidential candidates in US history.

The electorate is against you. And it will overwhelm right wing scheming one day, forever.

Texas will turn blue and you will go hide in the Dakotas.

Edited by Agent47

1 minute ago, Agent47 said:

Mueller will scorch Trump, and all the GOP rats will scurry.

All you will have in the future is the supreme Court, probably being overruled one day by constitutional amendments.

The popolace is against you. All you have is court packings and stolen elections backed up by rigged gavels. You have 2000 in repeat. And the lowliest most shameful presidential candidates in US history.

The electorate is against you. And it will overwhelm right wing scheming one day, forever.

Texas will turn blue and you will go hide in the Dakotas.

Hugo’s 30th sock 

1 minute ago, LongestHorn said:

If you mean our democracy was designed in part on the Iroquois model, where women defined the political, social, spiritual, and economic norms of the tribe, yeah, I believe women should hold office.

I meant women don't have dicks to step on but over analyze it however you want.

• Like 1