2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Crazy night...... House is going to hard for the Dems.  Senate hard for the Pubs.  

How bizarre.  The one national institution that represents the actual electorate by one person one vote goes hard dem.  Meanwhile, the "great compromise" has resulted in two republican presidents who got fewer votes than their opponents, and a Senate that is disproportionately represented by red states.  I get the need for the compromise at the time, but we're headed to another civil fucking war if a party continues in power with a minority of votes.

Edited by 'stache

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Women went to Democrats by 20 points and independents went to Democrats by 12 points.

I think they said both went to Trump by 4 percent two years ago.

Y’all thank a woman tomorrow.

PS - Rick Santorum is still a frothy cum spewing choad.

The youngest woman ever just got elected into the House
The first Native American woman was elected to Congress
Massachusetts just elected its first black woman ever
Kim Davis was defeated
Colorado just got its first gay governor

3 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

For you it's a way of life. 

"You disagree with me therefore you are a rrrracissst!!"

You aren't doing much to dispute the trope that progressives don't genuinely care about racism and just use accusations of racism as a political tool to secure power.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Tribe171 said:

You aren't doing much to dispute the trope that progressives don't genuinely care about racism and just use accusations of racism as a political tool to secure power.

The words "you disagree with me therefore you are a racist" has never been typed from my account.  

You as a republican don't care about racism. 

If this thread is indicative of the Congress and the country, so much for a hope of returning to bipartisan cooperation. R’s don’t have a lot to gloat about and shouldn’t be. D’s should stop calling all people who voted R racists and rapists....the economy is the biggest issue for many, more so than wanting more illegals in the country or wanting nothing short of socialized healthcare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tribe171 said:

And you aren't doing much to dispute the trope that Republicans stoke white grievance and fear of minorities as a tool to secure power. 

10 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The biggest thing to remember, especially with the dems taking the House, is that we should hear from Mueller in the near future. If he comes out with major things it may be too big for even a Republican Senate to ignore. 

and if he doesn't have bupkis which is likely then what? a do over? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Agent47 said:

Rainbow wave, says CNN.

Baby blue & Pink wave I say, which is the trans flag colors.

So. Obama was right. Red States Blue States and even purple states is a notion of yesteryear.

Why does it have to be a wave? This election followed historical norms for a midterm. What is the fascination with a wave?