2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

One dem will serve Oklahoma in congress.  From OKC.  Random, but ok.  But the idiots here elected a republican idiot for governer, by a landslide, against a qualified very moderate democrat.  He won by running ads nonstop using outright lies.  Not exagerations and half-truths, but outright lies.  This is where we are.  Lies work.  Our teachers will continue to be underpaid, they'll continue to leave, the kids of the idiots voting red will become stupid mouthbreathing red voters.  This place is fucked.  I'm moving.  I can't let my kids grow up in this environment.

Surely Oklahoma has elite blue areas just like every other state.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Can't believe King the asshole in Iowa is winning. 

Oh, I can.  There are a lot of corn-fed racists there.  And they aren't subtle, either.  Kinda like the ones here, actually.  The white hoods are in the closet.

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

....you guys still can't even learn from even clear mistakes.  (on Kavanaugh)

No, they learned. Not stepping up for the furor of the base would have sapped Dem energy headed into the election. They played a meh hand the way they had to. 

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

One dem will serve Oklahoma in congress.  From OKC.  Random, but ok.  But the idiots here elected a republican idiot for governer, by a landslide, against a qualified very moderate democrat.  He won by running ads nonstop using outright lies.  Not exagerations and half-truths, but outright lies.  This is where we are.  Lies work.  Our teachers will continue to be underpaid, they'll continue to leave, the kids of the idiots voting red will become stupid mouthbreathing red voters.  This place is fucked.  I'm moving.  I can't let my kids grow up in this environment.

I feel about the same way in Louisiana. Was thinking Texas until Cruz won but now I’m thinking Colorado.  

Minimal Senate exposure for GOP incumbents could not have been more perfect this cycle for holding the line.  THAT is the difference.  24 months from now is when it's open season on a lot of GOP held Senate seats.  With a House now able to inject reality and some meaningful investigation into Trump/GOP corruption, 24 months from now sounds about right for a sober referendum on the Senate and WH.

What Democrats lost in the senate because of Kavanaugh?

Heitkamp is the only one.

It’s like everyone forgot the senate map this cycle was death for the Democrats. Not long again they were predicted to lose way more than two seats.

And the house map shouldn’t have been competitive much less what’s happened tonight.

The only senate race I’m disappointed about is Texas but I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of Beto on a national level.

I’m pumped for the new house make up to get to work and fire up hearings.

What’s good for Benghazi and emails is good for Russia and emoluments.

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Minimal Senate exposure for GOP incumbents could not have been more perfect this cycle for holding the line.  THAT is the difference.  24 months from now is when it's open season on a lot of GOP held Senate seats.  With a House now able to inject reality and some meaningful investigation into Trump/GOP corruption, 24 months from now sounds about right for a sober referendum on the Senate and WH.

my man

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yes, I live in an area where most people I encounter are either liberal or sane moderate republican.  That won't prevent my daughters school from having 30% of their teachers holding "emergency certification" because we can't attract actual teachers to work for peanuts.  Our public schools are fucked.  The suburban and rural idiots will never come around to even moderate positions.  This is Trump country and even if the rest of the country at least came back to reality, this place never will.  Brainwashed partisans run this place and always will.

• Like 1

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Not enough of them.

Stitt beating Edmondson for governor is about the most Oklahoma thing one might expect. Anti-education with anti-vaxxer tendencies. Basically Fallin 2.0. 

Just now, Bama Chick said:

What Democrats lost in the senate because of Kavanaugh?

Heitkamp is the only one.

It’s like everyone forgot the senate map this cycle was death for the Democrats. Not long again they were predicted to lose way more than two seats.

And the house map shouldn’t have been competitive much less what’s happened tonight.

The only senate race I’m disappointed about is Texas but I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of Beto on a national level.

I’m pumped for the new house make up to get to work and fire up hearings.

What’s good for Benghazi and emails is good for Russia and emoluments.

Donnolly in Indiana.

39 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Isn't Shanice Davids an MMA fighter and a lesbian too?

And Native American!

Congrats!

Let it be noted what Pancho Negro cares about in a politician. The man who dishes out racist labels like resumes at a job fair is the definition of a racist.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Stilicho said:

Not enough of them.

Stitt beating Edmondson for governor is about the most Oklahoma thing one might expect. Anti-education with anti-vaxxer tendencies. Basically Fallin 2.0. 

And it was a fucking landslide.  Beto at least came close.  Stitt won by a landslide.  By spending $10 million of his own money running non stop ads full of lies.  Again, not misrepresentations or half truths, but things that are actual lies.  Also, Stitt hasn't voted in 20 years.  That was well known.  But he won the fucking governorship.  By a fucking landslide.  This place is hopeless.  

Just now, Tribe171 said:

Let it be noted what Pancho Negro cares about in a politician. The man who dishes out racist labels like resumes at a job fair is the definition of a racist.

giphy.gif

This makes 0 sense.  Typical for your side. 

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Another Democrat flip in Illinois.

I’m noticing a lot of these pickups are women.

Six more pickups to go!

Yes. Dems should learn from this. Women are the majority.

Maybe this is Hillary's revenge. Women with subpoena power.