2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

lots of firsts tonight. First openly gay governor, AZ and TN will send their first female Senators to congress, first black female rep from Mass, first Muslim woman in Congress. Sylvia Garcia first Latina woman from Texas 

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

anywhere we can see results for Paxton/Nelson?

Office of the Attorney General - Statewide

CANDIDATE    VOTES    PCT.
D    Justin Nelson    2,508,531    49.2%
R    Ken Paxton Incumbent    2,478,741    48.6
L    Michael Ray Harris    108,212    2.1

399 of 7,939 precincts reporting (5.0%)

http://www.keranews.org/post/texas-midterm-election-results-ap-calls-governors-race-abbott-allred-leads-district-32

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

I want the fn house.

And Beto.

As a Texan, this is the most realistically hopeful outcome. Fucking disappointed by FL but that would be somewhat offset by an Abrams win.

Instead of a "wave", I think we're seeing a transitional realignment of the national map begun in 2016.

1 minute ago, retread said:

http://www.keranews.org/post/texas-midterm-election-results-ap-calls-governors-race-abbott-allred-leads-district-32

No lie - I read that as "Ken Paxton Indictment "

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Voted for Nelson. Fuck Paxton and Patrick

• Like 1

CNN is really overplaying that there was overwhelming expectations that Democrats would take the senate.

Holding serve/loss of a seat or two and taking the House was the projection.

There was some wishful hoping on a few senate seats but Tapper is acting like it’s the end of the world that the Democrats will “only” win the house.

Shit, there were serious predictions not long ago that Manchin and Menedez would lose.

Shitttttttt Governor MeeMaw won.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I have wondered what his pre game prep is like. Probably had the interns loaded a bunch of scenarios to keep him on his toes. 

I was wondering if he has access to data from previous elections that would let him game play a full election night in preparation.

In his free time, I bet he listens to old David Brinkley broadcasts from 1960s/70s elections.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

CNN is really overplaying that there was overwhelming expectations that Democrats would take the senate.

There was some wishful hoping on a few senate seats but Tapper is acting like it’s the end of the world that the Democrats will “only” win the house.

Shit, there were serious predictions not long ago that Manchin and Menedez would lose.

Give me a fucking break. It was blue wave 🌊 is coming for months at the NYT and on CNN

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes. They had me this close to moving to Canada. Now, .... USA!