2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

The states that have continuously elected Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders to the Senate have elected Republican governors tonight and my state which hasn't elected a Democrat to the Senate in my lifetime (which goes back to LBJ) elected a Democratic governor.  Keep this in mind when you try to use logic and reason to analyze elections.

1 minute ago, Tribe171 said:

Hint: Suggesting the value of a person is improved or lessened by their racial background is racism.

What the fucking fuck are you even talking about.  You're just making shit up at this point.

ZNo one has said anyone is improved or lessened by their racial background.  It's like you're a fucking idiot. 

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

What the fucking fuck are you even talking about.  You're just making shit up at this point.

ZNo one has said anyone is improved or lessened by their racial background.  It's like you're a fucking idiot. 

Gaslighting at it's finest.

The House looks like it's in good shape for Democrats, but the Senate is honestly closing in on worst case scenario.

Heitkamp was a given, but Donnelly, and Nelson is a really, really poor showing. McCaskill looks likely to lose, too, which is +4 to the Rs so far. The Ds will need to sweep some very, very close races in AZ and NV to keep the Senate within striking distance in 2020. The board is more favorable in 2020 for Ds, but there aren't more than a small handful of vulnerable seats.

If this thing swings to 55-45 or 56-44, that's a resounding defeat in the upper house. Let's not forget that the Senate is still the one responsible for voting on SC justices.

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

What Democrats lost in the senate because of Kavanaugh?

Heitkamp is the only one.

It’s like everyone forgot the senate map this cycle was death for the Democrats. Not long again they were predicted to lose way more than two seats.

And the house map shouldn’t have been competitive much less what’s happened tonight.

The only senate race I’m disappointed about is Texas but I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of Beto on a national level.

I’m pumped for the new house make up to get to work and fire up hearings.

What’s good for Benghazi and emails is good for Russia and emoluments.

Donnelly probably....

Just now, Longhornmaniac8 said:

The House looks like it's in good shape for Democrats, but the Senate is honestly closing in on worst case scenario.

Heitkamp was a given, but Donnelly, and Nelson is a really, really poor showing. McCaskill looks likely to lose, too, which is +4 to the Rs so far. The Ds will need to sweep some very, very close races in AZ and NV to keep the Senate within striking distance in 2020. The board is more favorable in 2020 for Ds, but there aren't more than a small handful of vulnerable seats.

If this thing swings to 55-45 or 56-44, that's a resounding defeat in the upper house. Let's not forget that the Senate is still the one responsible for voting on SC justices.

2010 in reverse.