2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

4 minutes ago, Tribe171 said:

"You disagree with me therefore you are a rrrracissst!!"

You aren't doing much to dispute the trope that progressives don't genuinely care about racism and just use accusations of racism as a political tool to secure power.

And what does "rrrracissst" imply?  New dog whistle for your people?

Just now, David Dennison said:

And you aren't doing much to dispute the trope that Republicans stoke white grievance and fear of minorities as a tool to secure power. 

1 minute ago, NameWithHeld said:

and if he doesn't have bupkis which is likely then what? a do over? 

MS-13 is outside.  Lock the doors!!!!

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The biggest thing to remember, especially with the dems taking the House, is that we should hear from Mueller in the near future. If he comes out with major things it may be too big for even a Republican Senate to ignore. 

Exactly this.  A Dem House with subpoena power will synergize strongly with Mueller and the Justice system.  House will deepen investigation into the WH and its satellite domestic and foreign actors, and Mueller and Justice probes will be able to further investigation into the WH and complicit actors in Congress.

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The biggest thing to remember, especially with the dems taking the House, is that we should hear from Mueller in the near future. If he comes out with major things it may be too big for even a Republican Senate to ignore

you-cant-be-serious.gif?w=245

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Who cares? 

Your party offers nothing except fear mongering.  Look outside.  MS-13 is behind that bush!

It's not my party.  I'm one of the reasons Kobach lost today.  I didn't vote for him.  It's a party that doesn't know it's ass from it's elbow a lot of the time but it is still better than a party that currently doesn't know anything from anything else all of the time.

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Why does it have to be a wave? This election followed historical norms for a midterm. What is the fascination with a wave? 

I'm more fascinated by bupkis now.

Also, colors are nice.  America is colorful. Christmas is colorful. Therefore, America is Christmas.

It is tonight anyway. Almost everybody is happy.

2 minutes ago, swraith said:

Still appears that Trump has major appeal in statewide races. Tonight appears to be an indicator that Trumpism will still be very much alive and thriving in 2020.

So much this.  That the GOP won the key state-wide races in Ohio and Florida and the margin of victory against Donnelly and McCaskill were as wide as Johnny Sack's mom should be concerning to Democrats all over.

And oh yeah by the way McSally is on her way to victory.

3 minutes ago, thepop said:

School gets shot up and Florida residents respond by voting for Republicans. Good job retards.

Also, shout out to women. I'll happily vote for female candidates over male candidates every time.

thepop:sexism::Pancho Negro:racism

• Like 1

Just now, Message Board User said:

So much this.  That the GOP won the key state-wide races in Ohio and Florida and the margin of victory against Donnelly and McCaskill were as wide as Johnny Sack's mom should be concerning to Democrats all over.

And oh yeah by the way McSally is on her way to victory.

Those are red states. 

The Democrats had a very good night tonight.

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

It's not my party.  I'm one of the reasons Kobach lost today.  I didn't vote for him.  It's a party that doesn't know it's ass from it's elbow a lot of the time but it is still better than a party that currently doesn't know anything from anything else all of the time.

rdju.gif

2 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Overall — You’re team lost tonight.  You can thank going full tard on Kavanaugh.  

Johnny, take a look at your post.  Then Pancho's.  He's using his noggin.  You are posting wishful thinking.  

Seriously, Kav is a douche and gets to be on the Supreme Court for the foreseeable future.  But the snowflake in you is still hurt about "the way he was treated."  Seek help.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Overall — You’re team lost tonight.  You can thank going full tard on Kavanaugh.  

Before tonight:  President, Senate, House - all GOP

After:  House - Democrat controlled by a wide margin.

The Senate in 2018 was set up for the GOP to take more seats than they've won so far.  And the night isn't over.  2018 has been talked about since 2014 that the GOP was going to take 4-5 seats at a minimum.   

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Wrong.  Pre Kavanaugh the house would have been a big margin and the senate was in play.  You freaks fucked it up. 

No. That's spin.

The House is a big margin and the Senate was never in play.

Every single chairmanship in the House is flipping. We have subpoena power now. You can no longer protect the White House.

• Like 1