Europe for three weeks

Bbonds

Flying into Barcelona on the 16th, and my flight back home is out of London on December 10th. I want to depart Barcelona on the 23rd and stay in a new city before heading to London on the 3rd. I enjoy history and architecture. First time traveling to Europe and open to suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Bbonds said:

Flying into Barcelona on the 16th, and my flight back home is out of London on December 10th. I want to depart Barcelona on the 23rd and stay in a new city before heading to London on the 3rd. I enjoy history and architecture. First time traveling to Europe and open to suggestions.

Christmas in Bavaria or Salzburg.

no but seriously, in late nov/december the day light will be short, it'll be colder, snowy in places, and the fact that some places in the continent shuts down early its a bit depressing.

even for your first visit, i suggest just bouncing around spain and/or portugal.  weather's better.  culture is more late night-centric.  food's better.  and tons of history of course.  wind your way along the coast towards granada, gibraltar and cadiz.  or through the center with madrid and salamanca.  or the north through basque, navarre, towards galicia.  all good options. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, Bbonds said:

I would skip most of the modern, bustling cities (except Paris and London) and focus on medieval centers/towns, like Bassel, Cologne, Winchester, Canterbury, Rouen, Ghent, Nuremberg, etc.   In London, focus on the center part of the town around the Thames, such as Westminster, Tower of London, etc.  You can also find the remnants of the medieval London wall.  I have tons of London recs if you need.  

• Like 1

Toledo is also a great medieval Spanish town to visit that has much of its history in tact.  Southwest of Paris is Chartres Catheral that has its original 13th century stained glass windows and just north of Paris is St. Denis which is one of the original gothic cathedrals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bbonds said:

Barcelona is badass. Headed to Rome Friday morning and will spend six days there. Looking for one more city to spend five days after Rome, then head to London.

This, Barcelona (pronounced "Barthelona") has an amazing seafood market.  

• Fuck You 1