Colt vs. The Cowboys - Who do you cheer for?

SMUlawUTgrad

2 hours ago, Agent47 said:

I hope Colt wins and keeps winning and becomes a Redskin legend and takes on Drew Brees in the NFC Championship game and whomever wins wins the SB and it is established that Longhorns and Austinites are magic QBs and they win championships & trophies just like Foles last year and Mayfield even and Sam wins out this year and wins the Heisman and a national championship next year and everybody goes what's up with Austin and then there is a close up on Matthew McConnaghey's Oscar and the camera is circling it like as in that famous Walter Cronkite commercial circling the tower and the haunting echoes of alright alright alright and then Dabney Coleman glows orange.

I’ll have what he’s having!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

HAIL VICTORY

BRAVES ON THE WARPATH

FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!!!

We are getting the W! Happy Thanksgiving boys!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Colt was amazing and is texas legend...BUT he is on wrong side now...fuck skins when they play the cowboys. I wouldnt shed a tear if colt got hurt and we stomped the shit out of them

So you’re cool if colt’s professional career is cut short due to injury?   What a jackass.  

Just now, Bone3421 said:
2 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:
So you’re cool if colt’s professional career is cut short due to injury?   What a jackass.  

Nope not what i said...but in the context of op posts idgaf ...its skins vs boys for division...any cowboy fan who says colt is not a fan and a pussy

Dude shut the fuck up. Was the -10 on your pussy ass comment about a UT legend getting injured not enough?

• Fuck You 1

Dude shut the fuck up. Was the -10 on your pussy ass comment about a UT legend getting injured not enough?
I said he is a legend and never said i wanted him to get hurt...yall are just pussy fans...in the context i wouldnt care because its a huge rivalry game with division on the line
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Bone3421 said:
3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I said he is a legend and never said i wanted him to get hurt...yall are just pussy fans...in the context i wouldnt care because its a huge rivalry game with division on the line

This isn't a Cowboys board sport. That's fine if you want them to win. But Colt getting hurt would suck. He has a late career opportunity to further a pretty decent NFL career.

Just now, Bone3421 said:
1 minute ago, ztejas said:
This isn't a Cowboys board sport. That's fine if you want them to win. But Colt getting hurt would suck. He has a late career opportunity to further a pretty decent NFL career.

Its a cowboys thread....i hope colt does well any other week but thats not what was asked

You could have just not said anything about Colt getting injured at all.

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
5 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Nope not what i said...but in the context of op posts idgaf ...its skins vs boys for division...any cowboy fan who says colt is not a fan and a pussy

Well I’m a boys fan and I went to UT.  No way am I ok with colt getting hurt in the game ... still want the boys to win but you’re an asshole.   No better than the aggy ‘cart’ jackassery.  

1 minute ago, Knighthawk said:

Well I’m a boys fan and I went to UT.  No way am I ok with colt getting hurt in the game ... still want the boys to win but you’re an asshole.   No better than the aggy ‘cart’ jackassery.  

If Colt did hurt in this game, Aggy would definitely bring back that Cart McCry bullshit. 

Just now, Bone3421 said:
3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

All i said was in the context i wouldnt shed a tear....its cowboys vs redskins for division...im not a pussy and love colt and can seperate college from pros

Nobody asked about Colt getting hurt. Why bring it up?

You could have just said you were fine with Colt not playing well and nobody would be giving you shit.

You could have just said you were fine with Colt not playing well and nobody would be giving you shit.
Because it showed how strong i feel about it and im fine with that....im not scared of surly negs been on tos and surly awhile
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Its a cowboys thread....i hope colt does well any other week but thats not what was asked

Yes but acting like everyone here is ride or die Cowboys is shortsighted. Most of us don't come here to talk about the Cowboys.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Agreed.  It’s a sensitive topic.  Colt took some absolute brutal (and cheap) shots in both college and nfl.  Can’t stand it when people wish injury in the game.  

Agreed.  It’s a sensitive topic.  Colt took some absolute brutal (and cheap) shots in both college and nfl.  Can’t stand it when people wish injury in the game.  
Never wished injury....for supposedly smartest assholes on the internet yall cant comprehend sentences for shit
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
4 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Never wished injury....for supposedly smartest assholes on the internet yall cant comprehend sentences for shit

Yeah I’m going to call it.  Your a fuckin aggy. You tried to hide it by avoiding the ‘cart’ reference.  

Guess you hate Swaim and conner if you root for the Redskins because of colt.

They dont play for texas any longer. I wish all 3 a good career, but growing up a cowboys fan, go cowboys.

So all longhorn fans loved the cowboys when tom Landry was the coach, right? Even oiler fans? Cant have it both ways.

• Like 1

Guess you hate Swaim and conner if you root for the Redskins because of colt.

They dont play for texas any longer. I wish all 3 a good career, but growing up a cowboys fan, go cowboys.

So all longhorn fans loved the cowboys when tom Landry was the coach, right? Even oiler fans? Cant have it both ways.
Preach
  • Fuck You 1

Jerry Jones has ruined the cowboys for me. I can't stand him and what his ego has done to this team. He is and always will be a roadblock to progress and 20 something years after the fact he still doesn't see that he caught lightning in a bottle with Jimmy Johnson and he himself wasn't instrumental in any other way to their success. I hope Colt comes in and blows them out of the water.

• Like 1

So Cowboys fans, who were all commiserating in a definitive fuck Jerry Jones/Jason Garret thread 2 weeks ago, are now rooting for a result that will lead to another 8-8 season and Garret keeping his job.  Makes sense.

Yes because were cowboys fans and winning the division and making the playoffs is better than hoping for losses.

It’s really not that hard.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

So Cowboys fans, who were all commiserating in a definitive fuck Jerry Jones/Jason Garret thread 2 weeks ago, are now rooting for a result that will lead to another 8-8 season and Garret keeping his job.  Makes sense.

Every Cowboys fan still holds this sentiment towards those 2. But without a 1st rd draft pick and the 1st place on the line, no real reason to root for losing. Especially against Washington.

Garrett went 4-12 in 2015 and was not fired.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Every Cowboys fan still holds this sentiment towards those 2. But without a 1st rd draft pick and the 1st place on the line, no real reason to root for losing. Especially against Washington.

Garrett went 4-12 in 2015 and was not fired.

Ah right, forgot about the Cooper trade.  I guess rooting for a tank job is pointless.

I’m a Cowboys fan, but I’m tired of seeing them lose because of poor coaching by Garrett and team management by Jones. I also want only the best for Colt. It’s hard to say he’s gotten a crappy deal when you see how much money he’s made while sitting on the bench on the same team for so many years. As much as it pains me to root for the Redskins, I am pulling for Colt. Dallas is a mediocre team coached by a mediocre coach and being ruined by a below mediocre team owner. Nothing will change one way or the other until said owner is gone, so I might as well pull for a UT legend.

• Like 1

I’m a fairweather Cowboys fan who doesnt believe in the crazyness of a one game playoff, but I’m tired of seeing them lose because of poor coaching by Garrett and team management by Jones. I also want only the best for Colt. It’s hard to say he’s gotten a crappy deal when you see how much money he’s made while sitting on the bench on the same team for so many years. As much as it pains me to root for the Redskins, I am pulling for Colt. Dallas is a mediocre team coached by a mediocre coach and being ruined by a below mediocre team owner. Nothing will change one way or the other until said owner is gone, so I might as well pull for a UT legend.

Fify
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Love the Colt.  Cheered him rabidly at UT and have pulled for him since in the NFL.  But he can suck a dick on Thursday.  Cowboys needs this W.  

Colt winning is good advertising for the program. Maybe even great advertising. Dallas is not winning a SB this year, not even close. Colt never got to play in his championship game. Maybe this year is his chance. It's probably his last chance at playing ball ever. 

Anyway, Foles won the SB. Why not Colt.

There is a lot of dumb shit in this thread but if you are a cowboy fan and you want skins to win sb thats insane

And good for the program to have colt win sb 2 coaches and a decade later (09mnc game -'19sb) is beyond ludicrous....colt is already good for the program and nfl has nothing to do with it

If your not a cowboys fan this isnt your thread....it be like me going into texans/astros thread and hoping a ex UT player destroys them which i would because i dgas about them

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

There is a lot of dumb shit in this thread but if you are a cowboy fan and you want skins to win sb thats insane

And good for the program to have colt win sb 2 coaches and a decade later (09mnc game -'19sb) is beyond ludicrous....colt is already good for the program and nfl has nothing to do with it

If your not a cowboys fan this isnt your thread....it be like me going into texans/astros thread and hoping a ex UT player destroys them which i would because i dgas about them

It's the NFL. It's corporate bullshit now, like all pro sports. College sports are still interesting and accessible. 

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
3 hours ago, Machinator said:

All i said was in the context i wouldnt shed a tear....its cowboys vs redskins for division...im not a pussy and love colt and can seperate college from pros

“For division?” Your team sucks shit through a straw this year. Cowboys aren’t winning jack shit this season. 

“For division?” Your team sucks shit through a straw this year. Cowboys aren’t winning jack shit this season. 
I agree but who knows...eli beat pats in one game playoff

Doesnt change the fact of the question op asked...sorry most are not cowboy fans and cant read
  • Fuck You 1