Colt vs. The Cowboys - Who do you cheer for?

SMUlawUTgrad

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

And college isnt corporate?....bama vs lsu over okie st
Bama anytime its a choice
Osu over tcu

College is growing more corporate but it's not quite the NFL. Die hard NFL fans don't exist any longer. They can't afford it, and the athletes are either too cold and clinical (like Tom Brady) or they're complete psychopaths (like Aaron Hernandez). Guys like B Hager and Gronk are rarities. 

Aaron Rodgers is boring as shit. Also he's gay.

College is growing more corporate but it's not quite the NFL. Die hard NFL fans don't exist any longer. They can't afford it, and the athletes are either too cold and clinical (like Tom Brady) or they're complete psychopaths (like Aaron Hernandez). Guys like B Hager and Gronk are rarities. 
Aaron Rodgers is boring as shit. Also he's gay.
So now we bashing gays with no proof? Aikman was gay right?

All nfl players crazy thugs or boring???

Hopkins,obj,brown,gurley,mahomesare those thugs???

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I agree but who knows...eli beat pats in one game playoff

Doesnt change the fact of the question op asked...sorry most are not cowboy fans and cant read

I can read “ I wouldnt shed a tear if colt got hurt“ and that is some pure bullshit, especially when the Cowboys are a fucking train wreck this year. Your coach is a fucking joke, and every smart Cowboys fan knows it. But congrats for being a bigger Cowboys fan than Longhorn fan on a Longhorn fan board. Fuck the Cowboys. Go Colt. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drew said:

Cowboys. Not even a debate. It’s the damn redskins.

Having said that Colt is my all time favorite player for a player that I really liked while he was at Texas and it hurts that, but I won’t cheer for him to win this Thursday. But I hope he plays well in every game including Thursday's game, but I hope that he loses enough for the Cowboys to take the East.

Edited Drew's take. I like Colt, I hope that he plays well. I hope that he doesn't get the shit knocked out of him yet again and can end the season without any permanent damage.

I also won't mind if he somehow leads the Redskins to a wildcard spot, but I absolutely want the Cowboys to crush the Redskins and to win the division.

Perhaps it was because I was out of the country for most of Colt's starting career, but his name doesn't even pop into my head for consideration when I think of my all-time favorite players. He might make my Top 5 favorite UT QBs, but even that might be a stretch. That being said, I hope that he stays healthy for the rest of the season and can keep making a nice sum of money as a 2nd string QB for another decade if possible. Being a 2nd string QB in the NFL for 10 to 15 years is an amazing way to spend your 20s and early-mid 30s.

6 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Lol now im a aggy...im texas fan and always have been and cowboys

Im sorry you want players who use to be on your team to beat your pro team....i hope cowboys trade zeke because i hate osu

Fucking ignorant bitches in this thread

Dude, just stop. You've back pedaled enough to complete 4 circles. Enough with the explanations and retractions.

You've dumped your load, now live with it.

10 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Colt was amazing and is texas legend...BUT he is on wrong side now...fuck skins when they play the cowboys. I wouldnt shed a tear if colt got hurt and we stomped the shit out of them

Take a big step back and, literally, fuck your own face, you fagety ass faget. 

I hope Colt lights the Boys up and makes Jerry cry.  

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

You aren't a Cowboys fan if you want them to lose to that shit franchise, regardless who is under center. It doesn't compute. 

I disagree.  Maybe because I attended Texas, who knows.  There are certain former UT players that I cheer for, regardless of who their team is.  Colt is definitely one of them. 

In addition, until Jerruh dies, this team isn't doing shit.  Wasted energy to hope they achieve anything of relevance.  

In short, light their ass up, Colt!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
8 hours ago, Knighthawk said:
So you’re cool if colt’s professional career is cut short due to injury?   What a jackass.  

Nope not what i said...but in the context of op posts idgaf ...its skins vs boys for division...any cowboy fan who says colt is not a fan and a pussy

Go Colt; fight me. 

Eh, loser mouth-breathing fans are not restricted to the NFL.  There's the entire SECSECSEC fanbase,  the jersey and jorts crowd in Columbus, Ohio, and of course the worst-- the meth-heads in Norman, Oklahoma.

Anyway, I love Colt and am glad he's extended his NFL career so well, and always like it when he gets a chance to play.  But I'm a Cowboys fan, not a Redskins fan, so I'll obviously be rooting for the Cowboys on Sunday.  I will not, however, be hoping for him to receive an injury of any kind.  That's just weird. 

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Eh, loser mouth-breathing fans are not restricted to the NFL.  There's the entire SECSECSEC fanbase,  the jersey and jorts crowd in Columbus, Ohio, and of course the worst-- the meth-heads in Norman, Oklahoma.

Anyway, I love Colt and am glad he's extended his NFL career so well, and always like it when he gets a chance to play.  But I'm a Cowboys fan, not a Redskins fan, so I'll obviously be rooting for the Cowboys on Sunday.  I will not, however, be hoping for him to receive an injury of any kind.  That's just weird. 

Yeah i like when people get elitist and go the "oh i only watch COLLEGE football, NFL fans are troglodytes" route, as if the entire sport if footall at any level isn't just one big meathead dumbass event.

Edited by Pam Cummings

I can read “ I wouldnt shed a tear if colt got hurt“ and that is some pure bullshit, especially when the Cowboys are a fucking train wreck this year. Your coach is a fucking joke, and every smart Cowboys fan knows it. But congrats for being a bigger Cowboys fan than Longhorn fan on a Longhorn fan board. Fuck the Cowboys. Go Colt. 

I’m sorry I didn’t realize the Longhorns were playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

Wonder if Sam will make it through a beating from Tank, Gregory, and LVE.

Hope the defense can stop Zeke.

Jesus Christ. There’s more Horns on the Cowboys than the Redskins. Such a stupid take.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Also you can be a fan of Colt and hope he plays well for them just not well enough to win. I don’t think anyone should be, or actually did cheer for him to get hurt, and that’s horrible if they did.

I bet there were Texans fans on here that were glad Colt came in and played pretty well. But I’m sure most if not all were hoping he didn’t lead then back for a upset win. So it’s not just cowboys fans.

I think we’re going to need 2 threads for that game. One for Cowboys fans. And one for “just college football/horns fans only”. Lulz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I’m sorry I didn’t realize the Longhorns were playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

Wonder if Sam will make it through a beating from Tank, Gregory, and LVE.

Hope the defense can stop Zeke.

Jesus Christ. There’s more Horns on the Cowboys than the Redskins. Such a stupid take.

No doubt.  Actually, the Redskins are chock-full of Sooners.  So if you really want to root for the Sooners, then the Redskins are your team...

• Like 1

Also you can be a fan of Colt and hope he plays well for them just not well enough to win. I don’t think anyone should be, or actually did cheer for him to get hurt, and that’s horrible if they did.

I bet there were Texans fans on here that were glad Colt came in and played pretty well. But I’m sure most if not all were hoping he didn’t lead then back for a upset win. So it’s not just cowboys fans.

I think we’re going to need 2 threads for that game. One for Cowboys fans. And one for “just college football/horns fans only”. Lulz.

Exacty drew...and everyone has sandy vaginas because of strong wording yet they cant grasp context of sentence as it pertains to OP's question....good ole internet lulz and name calling
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm just not on the same side as the guy who was pulling for a former Longhorn to be injured so the Cowboys could win and neither are you.

I'd never wish for Colt-- or any other player-- to be injured playing the game of football.

But that has nothing to do with why I'm still not rooting for the Washington Redskins over the Dallas Cowboys, no matter who is QBing the team.  I can wish Colt well and still root against his current professional team.  Mature adults are able to do such things.

Just now, BurntEyes said:

I didn't say you or I were pulling for Colt to win.

"I said I'm against the guy who is pulling for Colt to get hurt so the Cowboys can win and so are you."

I said nothing about you or me wanting the Redskins to win.

It sounds like we actually agree unless I'm misreading your post.

I don't even know which person said they wanted Colt to be injured. I saw someone else reference it.  It sounded pretty ignorant and stupid to me. 

Ultimately it's irrelevant to my feelings on this game.  Stupid people say stupid things on surly all the time, same as it ever was.

But yeah, I certainly wouldn't agree with anyone who wished for any player to be injured.

And I'll also not ever root for the Redskins over the Cowboys, regardless of who is playing QB for them.

I didn't say you or I were pulling for Colt to win.
"I said I'm against the guy who is pulling for Colt to get hurt so the Cowboys can win and so are you."
I said nothing about you or me wanting the Redskins to win.
It sounds like we actually agree unless I'm misreading your post.
Can you find the quote of the person "rooting" for colt to get hurt?
  • Fuck You 1

I have no alligiance to any NFL team. I have rooted both for and against the Cowboys many times over the years depending on the situation but never truly cared. 

Not sure why but I’ve always hated the Texans. It wasn’t them not picking Vince, it goes back further. I think I just hate their dorky-little-brother-like existence. Houston sports talk radio is always bashing the Cowboys. Dallas sports talk radio doesn’t even know Houston exists. I find the entire Texans attitude pathetic. Has been since Day 1. And there’s something creepy about JJ Watt. He’s hiding something. No way he’s as pure white as his image. 

As for other NFL teams, I generally root for the team with the Longhorns on it. Or the underdog. Or the one with the least obnoxious fan base. 

This week is easy. Go Colt!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I know what they're referencing...i said it
Where does it say rooting for injury that you and everyone says

Saying "you wouldn't shed a tear if Colt got hurt" isn't much of a stretch to wishing injury upon him.  You had to know that was gong to sound pretty bad and upset some people, right?

Anyway, I don't wish Colt any harm at all, other than perhaps whatever hurt feelings might result from losing to the Cowboys on Thursday. :)

Saying "you wouldn't shed a tear if Colt got hurt" isn't much of a stretch to wishing injury upon him.  You had to know that was gong to sound pretty bad and upset some people, right?
Anyway, I don't wish Colt any harm at all, other than perhaps whatever hurt feelings might result from losing to the Cowboys on Thursday.
I dont put words in others mouths so i just ask not to put words in mine....strong phrasing to support my opinion isnt wishing ill
  • Fuck You 1

Colt without a doubt. Fuck the NFL, fuck the Cowboys, fuck jerrah, fuck the cowboys obnoxious ass fans. I hope Washington beats them like a rented mule.

The last time Colt beat Dallas, I went to work and started printing redskin signs. Hung them all over. Cowboys fans couldn’t see straight they were so pissed.

Looks like I’m watching my first NFL game in several years.  Cheering for Colt.  Who gives a shit about the Cowboys?   I once saw Colt across the way at an HEB so this hits close to home.