Colt vs. The Cowboys - Who do you cheer for?

SMUlawUTgrad

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Looks like I’m watching my first NFL game in several years.  Cheering for Colt.  Who gives a shit about the Cowboys?   I once saw Colt across the way at an HEB so this hits close to home.  

This is where I am.  I haven’t watched more than highlights and parts of the Super Bowl since I stopped playing FF a few years back.  

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Looks like I’m watching my first NFL game in several years.  Cheering for Colt.  Who gives a shit about the Cowboys?   I once saw Colt across the way at an HEB so this hits close to home.  

The people that are fans of the Cowboys, obviously?

• Like 2

WhoWhat do I cheer for? Easy for Jerry to give me back my Cowboys someday. We have been irrelevant since his ego was shattered by Jimmy and his assistance's laughing at his ass when he walked up to the table thinking he had something to do with winning super bowls.

Oh you asked about Thursday's game? Well when the Cowboys win I feel good for the players and fans that have never abandoned the Boyz. When the Cowboys lose and they show Jerry throwing a fit I enjoy seeing him upset. I will also be happy for Colt but until Jerry is gone it does not matter much does it.

P.S. Yes, I know Jimmy's players won one more SB but we all new were it was going. If I sound a little bitter is because I use to be as passionate about my Cowboys as I am about my Longhorns and Jerry took that away from me when he hired Switzer.

2 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
2 hours ago, utee94 said:
Saying "you wouldn't shed a tear if Colt got hurt" isn't much of a stretch to wishing injury upon him.  You had to know that was gong to sound pretty bad and upset some people, right?
Anyway, I don't wish Colt any harm at all, other than perhaps whatever hurt feelings might result from losing to the Cowboys on Thursday. emoji4.png

I dont put words in others mouths so i just ask not to put words in mine....strong phrasing to support my opinion isnt wishing ill

No, you're a cunt. 

3 hours ago, Drew said:

I’m sorry I didn’t realize the Longhorns were playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

Wonder if Sam will make it through a beating from Tank, Gregory, and LVE.

Hope the defense can stop Zeke.

Jesus Christ. There’s more Horns on the Cowboys than the Redskins. Such a stupid take.

Talk about not understanding context. The "stupid take" is saying a win over the Redskins means more to you than Colt McCoy getting seriously injured. That is the whole fucking point. I didn't really give a fuck who won this game, as I have no real rooting interest, though now I will be hoping for an embarrassing Cowboy's choke job. Those are always fun to watch.

• Like 1

Talk about not understanding context. The "stupid take" is saying a win over the Redskins means more to you than Colt McCoy getting seriously injured. That is the whole fucking point. I didn't really give a fuck who won this game, as I have no real rooting interest, though now I will be hoping for an embarrassing Cowboy's choke job. Those are always fun to watch.
Nobody has said that...thats why its fun watching you delicate souls make up the reason your mad
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Nah still a stupid take because I never once even implied that I'd be okay with Colt get hurt even if that meant a win for the Boys.  I've been very clear that while I root for a Cowboys win, that I hope Colt plays well. You must have mistaken me for the other guy everyone is upset with.

Also you were making the claim that we should cheer for Colt because we should always cheer for former longhorns over our NFL team, when I pointed out, quite clearly, that Dallas has plenty of former longhorns on the roster. So yes, I stand by saying your take was stupid.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Grew up a Cowboys fan, still am at heart.  That said the day Jerrah took over is the day i softened my loyalty and the day he hired Switzer was the day I felt the Cowboys left me.  I hate Jerrah and what the organization has become.  The day he sells or dies is the day i root for them with no caveats.  Today, i hope Colt has a monster game including a comeback td to come within the pat to tie only to have their kicker miss.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And you are critical to their franchise ;)

I am.  In general Cowboy fans suck.  They're either so homerish they can't see anything wrong...or they have no clue what they're talking about and just hate everything, even when they're winning.

But I'm still a fan since I knew what they were, and will be long after Jerry is in the dirt.

Like many posters in this thread, I wish for Colt an awesome game... So many great memories from the time he was playing at UT.Still believe that UT could have beat Bama had Colt not gotten hurt in the 2010 BCS game and even that Garrett Gilbert career would have been so much better, if not for that one game

On the other hand, I hope the Dallas Cowboys win and make the playoffs.

Hookem!

• Like 2

Here’s the deal.  The Cowboys are not going to another Super Bowl with Jerry calling the shots.  Jerry is going to keep calling the shots until they hit rock bottom.  When they do, he might hire someone to take over the team, hire a real coach and build the team back to being a consistent winner.  I hope Colt wins going away and embarrasses Jerry.

In my case it's hard to say.  I will probably watch the game which will be the first time in MANY years that I've watched an NFL game.  I was a die hard Cowboys fan for most of my life, but sort of just burned out on the NFL, or lost interest for whatever reason.  Had also been an Oilers fan after I moved to Houston in '79, the Luv Ya Blue years were hard to beat.  After they left and Houston got the Texans I just wasn't into it anymore.

So, don't really care who wins but want to see Colt have a monster game (hopefully the first in a string of many monster games) and prove how damned good he is/can be when afforded the opportunity.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Drew said:

I am.  In general Cowboy fans suck.  They're either so homerish they can't see anything wrong...or they have no clue what they're talking about and just hate everything, even when they're winning.

But I'm still a fan since I knew what they were, and will be long after Jerry is in the dirt.

And what are you going to do when his son also runs the team in the dirt.  Planning on out living both of them?

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Nah still a stupid take because I never once even implied that I'd be okay with Colt get hurt even if that meant a win for the Boys.  I've been very clear that while I root for a Cowboys win, that I hope Colt plays well. You must have mistaken me for the other guy everyone is upset with.

Also you were making the claim that we should cheer for Colt because we should always cheer for former longhorns over our NFL team, when I pointed out, quite clearly, that Dallas has plenty of former longhorns on the roster. So yes, I stand by saying your take was stupid.

No, I never fucking said that. I pointed out that “not shedding a tear if Colt gets hurt” was a fucking dumbass thing to say on a Longhorn board. You are creating straw men. 

• Like 1

No, I never fucking said that. I pointed out that “not shedding a tear if Colt gets hurt” was a fucking dumbass thing to say on a Longhorn board. You are creating straw men. 
Actually it seems unless i missed one earlier your first post was saying cowboys suck...and if i recall you said your not a dallas fan so you have to frame to answer the question of op....then you get a sandy vagina over words you dont like
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Bone3421 said:
13 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Actually it seems unless i missed one earlier your first post was saying cowboys suck...and if i recall you said your not a dallas fan so you have to frame to answer the question of op....then you get a sandy vagina over words you dont like

Ok, cool. Hook ‘Em. 

• Like 3

If the Cowboys keep winning, they've got a good 6plus games ahead of them with everything on the line. That's what I'm rooting for. A shot at the playoffs, maybe a run, maybe a miracle or two. It won't bother me if Colt has a bad game. Go Cowboys.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1

Rooting for Colt to have a good game and for the Cowboys to win. For those of you who hate the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder is a much greater piece of shit than Jerry could ever hope to be. Therefore you should never ever root for the Redskins -- especially when they're playing the Dallas Cowboys.

• Like 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Rooting for Colt to have a good game and for the Cowboys to win. For those of you who hate the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder is a much greater piece of shit than Jerry could ever hope to be. Therefore you should never ever root for the Redskins -- especially when they're playing the Dallas Cowboys.

Daniel Snyder didn't fire Tom Landry.

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You can argue that it was handled poorly but it's hard to argue that it wasn't time for Landry to go. Bum Bright, an aggy, was too much of a pussy to do it himself so Jerry jumped on the grenade.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Jerry wasn't supposed to either.  The old owner was going to fire him before he sold the team, and Jerry said that It's only right for him to do it. 

Landry was going to be fired regardless of Jerry buying the team or not.  So people who hate Jerry for that are severely misinformed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You can argue that it was handled poorly but it's hard to argue that it wasn't time for Landry to go. Bum Bright, an aggy, was too much of a pussy to do it himself so Jerry jumped on the grenade.

It was time for him to be put out to pasture, yes.

Saying "it was handled poorly" is a gross understatement that borders on historical revisionism. One does not summarily fire a legend and brag about it. One does not let one's arch-rival have a motherfucking parade in honor of said Legend because you are too much of a dipshit to do so.

And when the aforementioned Legend is a Longhorn, and the dipshit and his new hire are Arkies, those just compound the above. Oh, and let's see, did the aforementioned dipshit not hire Barry fucking Switzer to be the next head coach after that?

I would go as far as to say it takes a little bit of cognitive dissonance to be both a Dallas Cowboy fan and a Texas Longhorns fan, for those reasons alone.

Go Colt. Fuck the Cowboys.

• Like 2