MNF: Chiefs @ Rams

spystud13

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

NFL can be awesome at times. 

Didn't Mahomes & Goff play @ DKRMS?

I forgot how great a TV game at the LA Coliseum can be, it's spectacular, probably the best TV football venue with the TV angles and crowd depth. 

btw, doesn't it seem that NFL TV has tighter shots of the LOS than college? Also weird they use the same camera stand locations, presumably. 

I typically watch only college ball until the end of the regular season and don't watch the NFL until college wraps up. If you ever want to appreciate the speed and skill of the pro game, watch 12 weeks of college ball first. The athletic difference is incredible.

Also, Aaron Donald gets held on every goddamn play, it is ridiculous.

Just now, gmr548 said:

I typically watch only college ball until the end of the regular season and don't watch the NFL until college wraps up. If you ever want to appreciate the speed and skill of the pro game, watch 12 weeks of college ball first. The athletic difference is incredible.

Also, Aaron Donald gets held on every goddamn play, it is ridiculous.

So does Tyreek Hill.

Cry or make plays...

Just now, slorch said:

I dig the announcers truly being surprised by Mahomes.

Mofo made a living running for his life and playing from behind all through college. He has more help now than he ever has.

Truth. He had so much talent and ability to keep Tech in games. Reid has taken that and turned him into a superstar

Just now, slorch said:

Not mad at all.

Sorry he didn't play safety on the Forty...

In an effort to... speed this up, I guess, I will just say that I am pleasantly surprised by how good he is and the Chiefs are the only NFL team I enjoy watching these days. Sorry if I hurt your butt, wasn't intending to appear to talk shit about Mahomes. I think he's fantastic now; I just didn't see it in his three years at Tortilla Tech. 

Yes, I have watched a whole lot of football.

I forgot how great a TV game at the LA Coliseum can be, it's spectacular, probably the best TV football venue with the TV angles and crowd depth. 
btw, doesn't it seem that NFL TV has tighter shots of the LOS than college? Also weird they use the same camera stand locations, presumably. 
The Coliseum is a cavernous shithole compared to the Rose Bowl.

Just now, DaysOff said:
15 minutes ago, NowThis said:

The Coliseum is a cavernous shithole compared to the Rose Bowl.

i had the Rose in mind after i posted.  Agree that is great but the Coliseum is also greatness. Those 2 beat any of the modern stadiums, even for TV watching. 

3 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

In an effort to... speed this up, I guess, I will just say that I am pleasantly surprised by how good he is and the Chiefs are the only NFL team I enjoy watching these days. Sorry if I hurt your butt, wasn't intending to appear to talk shit about Mahomes. I think he's fantastic now; I just didn't see it in his three years at Tortilla Tech. 

You may have had the TV on, but nothing about what Mahomes is doing tonight is a surprise to anyone who saw him play in college.

Doing it at this level?  Sure, hard to pull off.

The improvisation, the arm skill, the moxy?  that shit is just what that motherfucker is made of.  Always has been.

Mahomes was plenty good at Tech. He kept Davis Webb on the bench. Same Davis Webb that went to Cal, lit our asses up, got drafted in the third round, and is still in the league (albeit as a backup). He kept some truly dogshit Tech teams competitive and put up ridiculous numbers. 

He was also raw, which is why Reid liked the idea of having him sit. I imagine they expected him to sit for two or three years but saw he was ready this offseason and sold somewhat high on Alex Smith while they could.

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i had the Rose in mind after i posted.  Agree that is great but the Coliseum is also greatness. Those 2 beat any of the modern stadiums, even for TV watching. 

I hate modern stadiums. They for some reason are competing to be the main attraction instead of what you’ve actually come to see

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I hate modern stadiums. They for some reason are competing to be the main attraction instead of what you’ve actually come to see

Jerrah World is the prime example.

3 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Patrick Mahomes college career: 11,252 yards (351.63 per game), 93 TDs and 29 INTs

Imagine losing a game in which this is your stat line: 52-88, 734 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT, 12 carries for 85 yards and 2 TDs....

Texas Tech defensive efficiency

2014: 109th

2015: 114th

2016: 120th