11/25 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #9

The Tower

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

We have twowins over teams with winning records and everyone else we've played except for WVU, who we lost to at home, is .500 or worse.

Uh, duh...that’s why I said “Florida is having basically the same season we are”

We have the best win and the worst loss.  We also have 4 wins over ranked opponents to their 2.  My point was simply that it’s shouldnt surprise anyone that we are ranked ahead of them, but I’ll add that it also shouldn’t surprise anyone it they are ranked ahead of us.

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Also UF lost to 11-1 at a neutral site and 9-3 and 8-4 at home. We lost to 5-7 at a neutral site, 6-6 on the road, and 8-3 at home. UF and Texas actually have very comparable bodies of work.

I would love to see us play.   Maybe in two years in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Uh, duh...that’s why I said “Florida is having basically the same season we are”

We have the best win and the worst loss.  We also have 4 wins over ranked opponents to their 2.  My point was simply that it’s shouldnt surprise anyone that we are ranked ahead of them, but I’ll add that it also shouldn’t surprise anyone it they are ranked ahead of us.

Sorry - misread your tone it seems. Based on the post you quoted I read it as you shooting down the idea that Florida could be ranked ahead. My mistake. 

• Like 1

I'd have UT slightly above UW at this point - the Huskies have lost 3 road games against 8-4, 7-4 and 7-5 teams by a total of 10 points (one on a missed 37-yard FG and one on a pick-6 by the backup QB), but UT's wins are more impressive so far. They're both pretty close, IMO.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

UCF is going to lose in their rematch against Memphis without Milton. Texas would jump Michigan and OU with a win in Dallas. Depending on how bad Georgia looks against Bama, could see Texas passing them as well. Could be #5 next week.

What if Ohio St loses too?

Just now, Bullneck said:

Yeah, I'm digging LSU ranked way above aggy.  Maybe the only reason they dropped is everyone saw how bad their offense was.

Honestly, and their defense. 

I know it was OT, but you just needed one stop.  That's pretty bad.  Aside from the 50 yard fg, they didn't look impressive in any phase. 

We all know the committee picks the 4 teams they want then ranks everyone else in a way that justifies the 4 picks. If Bama and Clemson win then they and ND are in. They'll make sure tOSU gets the 4th spot if they beat Northwestern by more than 10 pts, no matter what ou does. The only way tOSU doesn't get that 4th spot is if Georgia beats Bama. ou would need tOSU or maybe Clemson to lose to have a shot, but it won't matter anyway because they suck and are losing to Texas. Again.

• Like 1