Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I’m shocked - shocked - that those two heroes did not immediately run down and sign up for duty in Ukraine.  Still, someone has to stay home and protect the Motherland from traitorous traffic signs. 

Clearly this is the new training program for Chechen Tik Tok soldiers. Next week they get to practice with guns vs street lights.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

How did they find footage of me in New Orleans in 1985?

During Christmas break in '93 I was back home in San Antonio. The first night me and an old high school friend were getting drunk and I took down a Stop sign and we planted it in a high school friend's family yard. Dude was on his way home from TTU. The next morning I wake up to my mom yelling at me that I must have ran over a stop sign drunk because there was a stop sign under my truck in the driveway.

LOL my buddy knew it was me and made the effort to drive it over to my house and plant it under my truck. My mom believed I drove drunk with a stop sign under my truck forever and never accepted my explanation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

Was in Miami with a buddy. We decided to steal some road signs with the flashers. We took the lights off the mount without realizing we could not turn them off. Tossed the mounts into a gator pond. Put the lights in the closet and could not sleep at all. Finally pass out and wake up to his mom screaming at us. She came into the room, saw strobes and knew we had done some stupid shit. 

Good times. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
Bad spelling. Word police scare me.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Was in Miami with a buddy. We decided to steal some road signs with the flashers. We took the lights off the mount without realizing we could not turn them off. Tossed the mounts into a gator pond. Put the lights in the closet and could not sleep at all. Finally pass out and wake up to his mom screaming at us. She came into the room, saw strobes and new we had done some stupid shit. 

Good times. 

I've done that too except there was also a knocked over BBQ pit and several gallons of paint in our living room and ash everywhere. That duplex off Parmer lane saw some serious shit back in the mid 90's.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Stassney baby! Only place I could afford as a student with a wife and a kid. 

Dumbest Austin moment. Letting the Students for Nader (yeah, dating my time at UT) set up a t shirt press in my back bed room. But damn we had a fun time. Grill was always lit, good bud and plenty of beer. ex-wife did not like the bra less chicks running around the place but I sure did. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I listened to a new Peter Zeihan interview today. His concern is that the US and NATO will effectively run out of ammo to give to Ukraine by the end of the year because we haven't really ramped up production.

We are prolonging the conflict in a way, if we give them long range weapons they will speed up territorial gains by Ukraine starve Russia faster. Throw in some places and even faster 

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia and Ukraine signed a deal to export grain and less than a day later Russia shot missiles at the port of Odesa. Say it with me kids—  Russia signs agreements with the intent of breaking them.

They only sign agreements to understand where they should next strike.  All agreements should be treated as such.   Ukraine should sign a deal with those 1000 troops if they tie their shoelaces together and drop all weapons and loot they will let them go.  And then HIMARs the shit out of them on video.

Estonian PM:

Based on the analysis below, it seems Russia perhaps realized it didn't have the capability to fly blockade grain shipments anyway, so they signed the deal, knowing they could just bomb the ports instead. Not surprising at all if you know Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I listened to a new Peter Zeihan interview today. His concern is that the US and NATO will effectively run out of ammo to give to Ukraine by the end of the year because we haven't really ramped up production.

Great video if you haven't watched his content. His answer (granted sometime ago), no, not even close. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, F250 said:

During Christmas break in '93 I was back home in San Antonio. The first night me and an old high school friend were getting drunk and I took down a Stop sign and we planted it in a high school friend's family yard. Dude was on his way home from TTU. The next morning I wake up to my mom yelling at me that I must have ran over a stop sign drunk because there was a stop sign under my truck in the driveway.

LOL my buddy knew it was me and made the effort to drive it over to my house and plant it under my truck. My mom believed I drove drunk with a stop sign under my truck forever and never accepted my explanation.

In college we drunkenly uprooted an ebus (those still around?) and planted it closer to our house. The bus stopped at our new location from then on. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

They only sign agreements to understand where they should next strike.  All agreements should be treated as such.   Ukraine should sign a deal with those 1000 troops if they tie their shoelaces together and drop all weapons and loot they will let them go.  And then HIMARs the shit out of them on video.

Waste of HIMARs ammo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Parliament said:

Are we giving them the kickass long range HIMAR rockets?

13 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Doesn’t look like it, we are being somewhat of pussies regarding those 

That is what we are saying, but I would bet that we have a supply of ATACMS ammo set aside and ready to transfer to Ukraine when the moment is right.  There is a reason that Russia has pulled much of their Black Sea fleet from Sevastopol to Rostov and has increased their defensive measures for the Kerch bridges.  It's not like Ukraine has a lot of naval assets capable of offensive operations against these installations, so there's something else that Russia is worried about.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Great video if you haven't watched his content. His answer (granted sometime ago), no, not even close. 

That's a great but long listen. Key takeaway, loosely quoted: "Running out of stinger missles is like a bar running out of Bud Light. It's probably an inconvenience for someone, but there are plenty of alternatives and almost all of them are better."

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

We discuss Wagner a lot on here, and this is a great article by Meduza on how it’s recruiting and functioning in Ukraine.  I’ve been pretty consistent here in arguing that Wagner as something separate from the Russian Ministry of Defense doesn’t really exist and that they’re solely a useful tool of the Kremlin. There’s a lot here to support that take, but there’s also some illumination on some ways where there is an important piece of autonomy that Prigozhin retains.  There’s also some really interesting notes on how other semi- state units have been stood up.

Outside of the military world, we talk about “Government Organized Non-Governmental Organizations” (GONGO), which are orgs that usually authoritarian regimes put together as a parody of civil society.  I need an acronym for Wagner and the like to make me bones as an Important Foreign Policy Guy.

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2022/07/14/a-mercenaries-war

Russian military leaders reportedly got the idea in 2010 to create a mercenary group they could control. The Joint Staff tapped catering oligarch Evgeny Prigozhin to manage the operation using money earned from lucrative government contracts to supply the armed forces with food. The new private company would be based in Krasnodar near the Main Intelligence Directorate’s 10th brigade.

The Wagner Group remains completely dependent on the military’s infrastructure and equipment, but it has established an independent network of recruiters, sources close to the company told Meduza.

Ahead of the invasion of Ukraine, as part of its wider effort to manage mercenary groups more directly, the Defense Ministry seized control of the online network that Wagner used to advertise vacancies. “They basically said, ‘We need your brand because it’s well known, but we’re going to do the recruiting ourselves, using your brand,’” a person close to the company’s management told Meduza, saying that the military has damaged Wagner’s reputation by lowering standards. 

The first wave

In the first weeks of the invasion, most of the Russian mercenaries fighting in Ukraine were from a private military company called “Redoubt.” Hundreds of combatants from this group deployed in different units with names like “the Hooligans,” “the Wolves,” and “the Axes,” five sources confirmed to Meduza.

These units were formed and sent to Ukraine at breakneck speed. To fill these positions, Redoubt recruited former soldiers and officers blacklisted over the years for assorted reasons— men who were rejected in past interviews or hired and then fired.

One of these recruits was Ivan Mikheev, a disgraced former squadron leader given a new command with Redoubt. In the first days of the invasion, Mikheev’s small group crossed into Ukraine through Belarus and headed for Kyiv. Almost immediately, however, the mercenaries came under friendly fire. Mikheev was wounded and transferred back to Russia, where he died on the operating table “from a blood clot,” three weeks later, according to fellow mercenaries. The Donbas Volunteers’ Union and a handful of friends shared obituaries on social media. He was buried on March 28.

Redoubt, which still has a substantial number of combatants in Ukraine, is under the Russian Defense Ministry’s complete control, say four sources, including one of Redoubt’s own former commanders. The group’s headquarters is located in the town of Kubinka, outside Moscow, on land abutting the base of the 45th Airborne Brigade. Veterans who served on the base and multiple active mercenaries told Meduza that soldiers from the brigade are responsible for managing the private military company.

Spoiler

In the spring, perhaps to address the miserable combat performance of Russia’s regular troops and “blacklist-recruited” fighters, the Defense Ministry ordered the Wagner Group to redeploy to Ukraine some of its “core team” who were then operating in Africa, Syria, and Libya.

But some “Wagner professionals” went to Ukraine for purely ideological reasons, said one source who knows several of these men. Many of the mercenaries in the company have Ukrainian roots. “They’re from Lysychansk, Popasna, Sloviansk,” he explained. “They came to crush the Ukes with the idea of settling the score for their own [who were killed in 2014 and 2015].”

Today, the Russian military uses Wagner Group combatants as its main strike force in Ukraine, “renting out” the mercenaries to forward army units. As a result, many of the PMC’s troops in Ukraine have been killed or injured. In at least one case, a Wagner squad leader ordered his men into battle without artillery or air cover. Three sources confirmed to Meduza that this squad commander soon turned up dead (though there’s disagreement about whether he perished mysteriously after returning to Russia or was executed by his own soldiers “under the laws of war” in the field)….

veryone who spoke to Meduza for this story agreed that the Defense Ministry’s recruitment through private military companies has served as a form of “secret mobilization,” allowing the Kremlin to assemble more soldiers without upsetting the country’s domestic situation. The process has completely erased the boundary between mercenary groups, regular troops, and “volunteers.”

Beginning in the spring, regions across Russia started enlisting contract soldiers (not always locals) to form “volunteer battalions” to fight in Ukraine. Battalions have emerged in Chechnya, Tatarstan, Bashkiria, Perm, Kirov, and Nizhny Novgorod. Meduza found another one in Russia’s capital that is known informally to recruiters and mercenaries as “Sobyanin’s Regiment” (a curious name given Mayor Sobyanin’s efforts to distance himself from the war).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Pretty sure Zeihan was specifically talking about 155mm NATO artillery rounds and HIMARS ammo which I didn't hear mentioned in his video.

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Stassney baby! Only place I could afford as a student with a wife and a kid. 

Dumbest Austin moment. Letting the Students for Nader (yeah, dating my time at UT) set up a t shirt press in my back bed room. But damn we had a fun time. Grill was always lit, good bud and plenty of beer. ex-wife did not like the bra less chicks running around the place but I sure did. 

Yeah, worked around silk screens way back when. Welcome to the mutated DNA club, Bro.

• Hook 'Em 2

Viktor Orban went to Transylvania today and spoke to ethnic Hungarians in Romania.  Key take-aways from the man who will headline CPAC Dallas 2022 in a few weeks, and who for sure is not a fascist or Russian asset:

- Western Europeans are all race-mixed and Hungary wants no part of that.

- NATO and the U.S. started the war, time to stop arming Ukraine and have the U.S. and Russia hash out Ukraine’s fate.

- The U.S. used energy as a weapon first and forced Germany into a Russia energy alliance. 

-  Time to end sanctions. 

• Rage+1 6

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Viktor Orban went to Transylvania today and spoke to ethnic Hungarians in Romania.  Key take-aways from the man who will headline CPAC Dallas 2022 in a few weeks, and who for sure is not a fascist or Russian asset:

- Western Europeans are all race-mixed and Hungary wants no part of that.

- NATO and the U.S. started the war, time to stop arming Ukraine and have the U.S. and Russia hash out Ukraine’s fate.

- The U.S. used energy as a weapon first and forced Germany into a Russia energy alliance. 

-  Time to end sanctions. 

Hungary... Cracking up thinking of a bunch of transplanted Siberians who just yesterday (little more than 1,000 years) came to Europe, and then immediately mixed with everybody in the area, talking about Europe being "mixed" and/or talking about anything Europe ought to do in general.

Go build a stonehenge, Orban, you overweight jockey, then come back and talk.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3