Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wonder if she is trying to set something up, because this was done with Putin's approval and they made a big deal out of it.

FpYtLz6acAAnW9r?format=jpg&name=medium

FpYtLz4aMAACfhn?format=jpg&name=medium

FpYtLz6akAYSkkM?format=jpg&name=medium

FpYtL1CaYAQYQ9s?format=jpg&name=medium

I’m not gonna lie. This kind of shocked me.   Unless they are just being Tricksy hobbits who want the Ukrainians to think they aren’t going to invade next week.  Yeah dude we’ll turn off the satellites and go home because you said you accomplished all your goals.

But I agree this is a weird tack.  They’ve spent a year talking about rolling through Poland and rolling all the way to Paris, destroying England, etc.   I cannot imagine he’ll be smart enough to declare victory and go home.   But if he does, then you will see real pressure to accept the territory loss and kiss and make up. That would be very threatening to Ukraine, who will not stop.   

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Biden?

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Or Miley. Something is going on. Would love to see Biden give a talk telling Putin to go fuck off. 

If it's the Israelis, Americans, and...Italians (?) I wonder if it's going to be a big boost to Ukraine's air defenses, maybe a transfer of some stuff from Italy to Ukraine or Israel to Ukraine.

Speculation that the American delegation came in by motorcade instead of train.

If it's Biden (who is in Europe) or Harris, I imagine those F-22 and F-35 pilots have itchy trigger fingers.  "BARCAP" is something about barrier combat air patrol - basically they are going to be between Russia and whoever they are guarding.

LOL:

• Hook 'Em 5

This is a translation of another tweet, interesting about the UKR delegation trips to other European countries.

Is it possible that Biden would show up in Ukraine today? UKR high officials urgently canceled trips to the EU, 2 USAF planes have been circling behind Lublin for 10 hours, and large convoys are running around Kiev. Apparently unrelated to the WSE, but such a long term statement would be very important for investors.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

This has to be Biden. As long as nothing happens to him, it's a heck of a statement. I mean, it's a heck of a statement either way. I'm glad to see it.

Kyiv is under an air attack warning. Let's think about that. 

I hope he is there. But damn, I feel for the security people. 

And a question for the experts. We have aircraft watching. If Russia comes into UA airspace and hits the city, do we shoot back? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Seems like the whole country is under an air raid warning.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

And a question for the experts. We have aircraft watching. If Russia comes into UA airspace and hits the city, do we shoot back? 

Not an expert, but I doubt they would hit Kyiv while Biden was there, and if they did, I don't see them entering Ukraine airspace to do it - they'll launch from Russia.  I'd imagine we probably have F-22s and F-35s covering the motorcade to Kyiv and then hanging out nearby.

Also, if Russia were foolish enough to lob a few Biden's way, it's a fantastic way to ensure that we start shipping the kitchen sink (F-16s, ATACMS) to Ukraine.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I hope he is there. But damn, I feel for the security people. 

If Putin's #1 priority is staying alive, launching an all out attack to kill the US president doesn't seem congruent to that. I can understand sending some missiles to destroy infrastructure while the visit is going on to send a message, but I doubt those missiles hit anywhere near where Biden is announced to be. 

They haven't been able to kill Zelensky, yet, and it seems to me he'd be a much more vulnerable target.

If the attacks aren't anywhere close to Biden, I don't see us shooting back. 

He's going into a war zone. If the attacks aren't deliberately targeting him, and we haven't exactly negotiated a ceasefire, isn't the onus on Biden/us not to escalate things unless it's a clear effort to kill the president? On the other hand, if they launch an all out attack, I imagine they'll make the call to protect him. Those aircraft on the border aren't there to catch it all on video. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am so fucking proud of my country. A former republic is at war and fighting off Russia and our POTUS is there in person to tell Russia to eat shit.

This is the biggest embarrassment of Putin’s life. 

Yep. Diplomat mom always loved Biden. Ran his CODELS is a few places that were not clean and friendly. 

Agree, air raids are sounding and he is there. Meanwhile there are reports of MiG-31's up over Belarus. 

Concering the next thread. I am sure we back channeled to the Russians. FAFO. We have E-3's up. They can see pretty damn deep. How the fuck to I go to sleep now. Oh say, I beg for a BJ in good Surly style. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I love the idea of that total shithead raging in his dacha at whoever is close by. Completely impotent. 

Well he won't be visiting Kyiv. 

Fuck him and his oligarchs. Who is the next to fall out of a window? 

And gotta say, good job to all the DOS personnel, from the Ambassador down to her DS team for coordinating this. Must have been a bitch. RSO needs a break I am sure. Maybe to Slovakia for some good beer and cute women. Or men, it is modern State. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

By the way, the visit comes on a significant day. This is the day Ukraine honors the “Heavenly Hundred” who were killed on and near Maidan. The first Ukrainians to die fighting Russia. 

Photo is mine from 2018. 

image.thumb.jpeg.170311e6bd084642f0c4607c115615ff.jpeg

That photo, the first clear one where he’s walking with Zelenskyy is close to this spot, he’s there to mark the day. “Alley of the Heavenly Hundred.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Good for Joe Biden!

I like that Zelensky, traveling abroad, still wears his pullover as a reminder that he is at war, under attack. I also like that Biden, visiting a war torn nation, still wears the suit, because he’s the fucking president of the U.S. of A. 

Question- does Opsec require the president to travel to Kyiv covertly? Or do we let Russia know- “Hey, Ivan. It wouldn’t be a good idea to lob any cruise missiles at Kyiv for the next 36 hours, if you know what’s good for you”?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, statsman said:

Good for Joe Biden!

I like that Zelensky, traveling abroad, still wears his pullover as a reminder that he is at war, under attack. I also like that Biden, visiting a war torn nation, still wears the suit, because he’s the fucking president of the U.S. of A. 

Question- does Opsec require the president to travel to Kyiv covertly? Or do we let Russia know- “Hey, Ivan. It wouldn’t be a good idea to lob any cruise missiles at Kyiv for the next 36 hours, if you know what’s good for you”?

Normally, I would think something like this would be coordinated with Moscow to avoid any misunderstandings. But the fact that Russian mouth pieces didn't pre announce and denounce the visit suggests that they didn't know. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Joe Biden is in Kiev.

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Did you miss the above quotes? Damn man, I thought you were younger than me. 

So yeah.  Got up to use the bathroom and checked this thread. Saw the news and went to text some friends.  In my excitement, I posted here instead.  Sorry, Guys.  Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, statsman said:

Good for Joe Biden!

Biden flew to Warsaw yesterday and traveled overnight by train to Kyiv. His team published a fake schedule for him for yesterday and today. They confiscated the phones of all the journalists in the pool on AF1.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point when all wheels were in motion there was a mil-mil call to the Kremlin. But clearly, this was not something we wanted to give Putin a chance to fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Ok, assholes. It’s coming up on one year of the war. If any of you can send money internationally and want to buy Putin a present, I recommend this group. They’ve crowdsourced over $50 million since the war began and bought everything from drones to a refurbished T-72. 

For the year, they are gathering funds to buy an -70 multiple launch rocket system and 365 rockets.  I sent my payment this morning. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2