Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, pops said:

No cr, and I get not wanting to grant a blank check when we have plenty of our own problems at home,  but no more aid for Ukraine  means aiding the Russians. Fuck that guy in the goatass. 

This is absolutely the perfect situation.... we don't have to put a single American life at risk while helping to crush an existential threat to the world while simultaneously building up some good will in a part of the world we haven't since the late 80's...or ever.  Also putting china on notice to simmer the fuck down.

And what is the cost?  Having a national garage sale. 

If you aren't on board with that then you aren't on board with the actual good we can do. So go fuck yourself. 

Concur 100%.

• Hook 'Em 4

Fucking with Western energy infrastructure seems like a FAFO moment for Russia. 

Dutch intelligence has historically been pretty on the ball about Putin’s Russia. They should be listened to.
And Russian saboteurs should be taken out, and their bodies sunk at sea, without a trace. The teams should just end up…gone.
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Multiple translations:

• History always repeats. Power is in the truth, and the truth is with us! 21.02.23
  • History repeats, but the power is always in truth
  • "Moscow is preparing for tomorrow's historic day. There will be no turning back. 21.02.23"
  • History always repeat itself.The power is in truth,but truth is our(meaning="we are right")
  • It says “History repeats itself” on the 1 year anniversary of the war, which already alarmed some intuitive Russians of what potentially could be coming.

Interesting, but I'd wait for one of the Russian-speaking folks like Julia Davis or WarTranslated to chime in.

My Russian is a little rusty but I think it say, "Putin's got a tiny pee-pee."

How much is in the Surly fund? For his big speech tomorrow I would love to fly a banner that says, "Putin is not our standard".

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Look, this isn't all that hard: if I make a statement, "We should not murder young children," the wrong way to disagree would be to say, "Yes, we SHOULD murder young children!" Instead, you could say, "The administration is not punishing child murderers enough!" or you could say, "Why does this administration have against murdering older children?"

You show what you are by how you disagree. When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

I agree with you, but that's not what I usually see in politics. I usually see shotgun approaches to determine what resonates. And then the most promising approach is fine tuned. On a personal level, I doubt that there will be a coherent response because of hawks, but that may be more my wishes than a prognostication.

On a side note, it is too hard being vague so I would rather drop the topic for now.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I did think Barack Obama was a pretty good president for a Democrat, but I was disappointed with the US response to Crimea and the Donbas separatists. I honestly felt like we failed the Ukrainians when they needed us most. Not just the US. The whole world. I don't think of it as a Democrat/Republican thing. I just know in 2014 I became a one issue guy in a way I never was before in my life. 

The US President's true power is in foreign policy. Obama's foreign policy was terrible, he made Jimmy Carter look like Genghis Khan. History will not look kindly on his tenure.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-belarus-strategy-document-230035184.html

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dutch intelligence has historically been pretty on the ball about Putin’s Russia. They should be listened to.
And Russian saboteurs should be taken out, and their bodies sunk at sea, without a trace. The teams should just end up…gone.

It’s sort of interesting that the Dutch news comes out and today we see the Talking Heads discussing retaliating for Nord stream (which is BS because they did it, not us) by attacking similar western infrastructure in the North Atlantic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There is a bad guy with a gun murdering women and children right now.  There is also a good guy with a gun right across the river from that bad guy. 

If it's that black and white as I've been told time and time again by my leaders...why would I not help out the good guy with the gun get the bad guy with the gun? 

The bad guy even told us when he was gonna go buy his gun and drive over to the place with all the innocent people.  He even has mental health issues.  

Be glad the U.S. is only on the hook for this much money.  The equipment we're sending is surplus.  The satellite and comms bandwidth is less than 1% of our feed.  Not one troop on the ground.  By the end of this calendar year, we'll have achieved something no American Hawk in 80 years thought possible.  And we'll do it with 35% of our adult population mumbling, "Okay fine, whatever.  I would have done it differently, but whatever.  People stopped asking my opinion a few years ago, which isn't fair.  Whatever, go ahead.  Fine."  

You don't have to support it.  You can even oppose it.  Don't even bother jumping on in at the end for the big win.  I want you to hate it until the end.  I want to watch you watch the end.  I want to see you crumble under the weight of your own destructive dissonance.  I want you to break for the greatness of NATO, Europe, and the United States of America.  To watch you scream "Patriot!" as you defy the fight for Liberty.  Only drug more potent than a broken Russian is a broken American for Russia.  Can't wait to watch Reagan's Ghost skull-fuck your bloated, diabetic corpse.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

So with the anniversary coming up and Putin planning a big speech it is going to be interesting what the stated strategy is for 2023. Russia's advantages are 1) holding current territory 2) ruthlessness 3) bodies and 4) ability to withstand a ton of shit.

On that last point, Putin is calculating (or more accurately hoping) that the average Russian is more willing to suffer thru sanctions than the West is able to stick to them. However the rumors that he wants some decisive victories in next month or so, talks about getting the RU airforce more involved indicates the desire to see an early win. Which undercuts one of his supposed advantages. So it will be interesting to see if he commits to an all-out offensive or continues with the long term meat grinder approach.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 countries want the IOC to ban Russia and Belarus athletes: “we do not agree that Russian and Belarusian athletes should be allowed back into competition”. The games are a big deal in Dictatorships, and we need to stick together on this. Many Ukrainian Olympic caliber athletes are likely dead now (I think I saw some obits for a few). Why in the fuck the IOC thinks letting the Russian and Belorussians compete in this scenario is unconscionable and the IOC needs their collective clock cleaned. I’m going to go ahead and say the quiet part out loud: Europe and the US are the only reason the games exist and are I’m sure the biggest revenue generators. The IOC needs to get that straight and stop catering to 3rd world countries and pissing us off.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-on-russias-war-on-ukraine-and-international-sport/statement-on-russias-war-on-ukraine-and-international-sport
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 686 said:

Illia has a good “how did we get here” summary article here, worth a click, the guy works hard:

https://kyivindependent.com/national/one-year-later-how-russia-came-to-a-fail-in-ukraine-battle-after-battle

That dude has been amazing for the last year.  I'm sure he did good work before then, but yeah, he's been around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Going to bed, but waking up at 3:00 am to try to watch Putin’s speech.  Somehow.   Set for 9:00 Zulu they say. 

It's either going to be this

War News GIF by MOODMAN

Or this

fail north korea GIF

Or this

Explosion Reaction GIF

I feel like he might try to launch a massive air offensive with actual aircraft entering Ukrainian air space, but then it would be embarrassing as fuck to see a bunch of irreplaceable Russian aircraft shot down.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Can Lukashenko stand if Russia falls? I don't think so. I think his only way to stay in power is if Putin stays in power.

I don’t believe Lukashenka’s regime is robust enough to survive if they actually enacted this mobilization plan. It’s all a bunch of talk. It almost tanked in 2020 after elections, Belarusians won’t put up with this shit for sure. 

Lukashenka is hooked to Putin now, he’s gone in a few months if regime change happens in Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Ok, I should have stayed to the end but I got bored about rural school stuff. 

Anyway, Putin announces that Russia is suspending (not withdrawing) from New START and that it’s all America’s fault, бу-бу-бу. Also if the U.S. tests nukes, Russia will too— so THERE! 

My take- this is relatively insignificant, Russia was not really complying anyway. What Putin wants is to have something scary for his mouthpieces to shout, he is hoping Europe will get scared and back down support. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

RIGA, Latvia — The founder of the Russian mercenary group Wagner, oligarch Yevgeniy Prigozhin, launched a bitter attack on Russian military officials, claiming they failed to provide his fighters with shells. He said ample ammunition stocks existed but that he could not access them “despite all my contacts and connections.”

Prigozhin said the lack of supplies caused Wagner’s casualties to double recently. His remarks amounted to an extraordinary broadside that exposed a deepening rift between Russia’s Defense Ministry and the Wagner Group. The mercenary organization, which recruited thousands of Russian prisoners, has been fighting for months on the front line near Bakhmut, Ukraine, without managing to take the city.

In a recording published by his press service Monday, Prigozhin made a thinly veiled reference to Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, attacking military officials who he said ate their meals off “golden plates” and sent their children and grandchildren on holidays to Dubai while men were dying in the war. It was an apparent reference to Shoigu’s daughter, who was photographed recently in the Persian Gulf emirate.

He published a second angry recording Tuesday, saying his men were dying “because some strange people take decisions on whether they will live or not live. ”

Prigozhin’s influence has been curbed in recent weeks after a series of controversies, including videos purporting to show Wagner’s sledgehammer executions of “traitors” and recordings of fighters complaining about the lack of Defense Ministry ammunition. Prigozhin recently announced he was no longer recruiting prisoners to fight, and pro-Kremlin media outlets have stopped mentioning Wagner’s role in current battles.

“All the questions I raised about ammunition, unfortunately, remain completely unresolved,” he said in the Monday recording, adding that officials had told him he had complicated relations with top officials and needed to apologize. But he said: “Apologize to whom? Obey whom? One hundred and forty million Russians, please tell me to whom I should apologize so that my boys die half as often as they do today.”

Infighting news. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/02/21/russia-ukraine-war-live-updates-biden-poland/#link-DJ4FFGJOAVHCXGDK5RCNQE3QSA

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Sanctions are bad but they aren’t working, the economy is great.  Russia is kicking ass and the West is suffering. 

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Putin is now talking about roads and shit and seems to have finished the war stuff. Lots of shit about Nazis and The Gays and back patting about how they are fighting the entire West and winning and sanctions aren’t working.

So sanctions are working.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Now there is a consensus, NATO looks like a real alliance again, and authoritarian regimes that think military might will allow them to bypass international norms are on the back foot.  The world has changed a lot, and the consequences will resonate for a while.

The visit to Ukraine on the eve of Putin’s speech just underlined it.

Yeah, I don't recall NATO members ever being this openly aggressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow.  Let's start a dead pool on Girkin and Prigozhin.  Those dudes better stay away from windows.

They could have just kept their mouths shut, but no, there are out there complaining/trashing Putin/Russian military leadership.

FpfRX-AWcAMMirZ?format=png&name=medium

Seems like it'd be a good time to counter-attack all Wagner areas. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1