Media Bias Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Jesus, within the first 5 minutes he's already fucked up his point. We've had 3 years of Trump with Presidential actions and statements and decades further of actions and statements as a civilian. He has proven himself to be a bad person with racist tendencies. No one has straight up called him a white supremacists until now.....because what he's done has proven that out. Argue semantics about what he meant by the "both sides" comment, but there are many MANY more data points that still direct the average person to think he's a racist POS. You are just trying to find ways to make yourself feel better for supporting a racist. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Jesus, within the first 5 minutes he's already fucked up his point. We've had 3 years of Trump with Presidential actions and statements and decades further of actions and statements as a civilian. He has proven himself to be a bad person with racist tendencies. No one has straight up called him a white supremacists until now.....because what he's done has proven that out. Argue semantics about what he meant by the "both sides" comment, but there are many MANY more data points that still direct the average person to think he's a racist POS. You are just trying to find ways to make yourself feel better for supporting a racist. 

Wait, are you trying to engage in a debate with Zavala?

What are these data points?  If it is so obvious to all, why is a lie the number one example touted to claim Trump is a racist?

Most people are smart enough to read a transcript. It’s telling they all in Unison fail to post said transcript. 

So please, cite these clear and obvious examples, and not just your outright devotion to your preferred media narrative. 

Again, if it’s so obvious, why continue to lie? 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Fuck You 1

Or just read the transcript and watch the video instead of reading the biased (and false) news interpretation and headline. 

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Republicans nominated, elected, and continue to support a racist piece of shit to further their political cause.

Well done.

oops forgot, ORANGE MAN BAD!

Maybe if you keep calling him a racist white supremacist, it will finally be HER TURN! 

th?id=OIP.ZE_k39AkCmHHVIJbVqcg8wAAAA&pid

Or maybe not

Edited by Zavala

How racist does this make NBC for giving him a platform to have a #1 show?  Ratings were more important than promoting an obvious racist?  

You did nail the timeline though.  3 years ago when Trump dared to run for President it was declared he was a racist. Never had that claim until then, even managed to get to the top of TV land. Crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Or just read the transcript and watch the video instead of reading the biased (and false) news interpretation and headline. 

Maybe if you keep calling him a racist white supremacist, it will finally be HER TURN! 

Or maybe not

Taking CNN’s word for it is way easier than reading a paragraph for one’s self or simply watching the video. Nope. Can’t have that. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What are these data points?  If it is so obvious to all, why is a lie the number one example touted to claim Trump is a racist?

Most people are smart enough to read a transcript. It’s telling they all in Unison fail to post said transcript. 

So please, cite these clear and obvious examples, and not just your outright devotion to your preferred media narrative. 

Magazine, if it’s so obvious, why continue to lie? 

Who is calling that the #1 data point to support that he's a racist? Other than the cartoonist? 

This is helpful for you to get a bigger picture

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

He's wrong that it's a critical element of the Biden campaign.  Peddling a lie wouldn't even harm his campaign as long as it's a lie that Democrats want to be true.

Edited by JBJ

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Again, if it’s so obvious, why continue to lie? 

i've watched it and read the transcript.  he's lying when he says there's people other than neonazis on the side of the neonazis.  that's how he calls neonazis 'fine people."  if you're in a march and people around you start chanting jews will not replace us, and you don't run the fuck the other way, you're a fucking neonazi.  and then the neonazi apologists like you, onboard, and the cartoonist run around making the false claim that he wasn't talking about the neonazis, he was talking about the people marching along with the people chanting jews will not replace us. it's completely transparent.

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/15/16154028/trump-press-conference-transcript-charlottesville\

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

How racist does this make NBC for giving him a platform to have a #1 show?  Ratings were more important than promoting an obvious racist?  

You did nail the timeline though.  3 years ago when Trump dared to run for President it was declared he was a racist. Never had that claim until then, even managed to get to the top of TV land. Crazy. 

1973 was only 3 years ago if you're tasteslikechickensandwich.

Edited by elfenix

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You do realize you're bending over backwards to apologize for a man who is, without a doubt, going to go down in history as this nation's very worst president, right?

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You do realize you're bending over backwards to apologize for a man who is, without a doubt, going to go down in history as this nation's very worst president, right?

This is the most remarkable thing.  You can vote for Trump because you hated Hillary and maybe get a pass but in no world should you continue to defend him after Charlottesville and especially not after everything that’s happened since then.  People that do have either been brainwashed, trolling, ignorant, trash, and in many cases all of the above.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

At the entrance to Mar-a-Lago, a framed printout of a TV Guide ratings chart decorates the wall, showing The Apprentice at No. 1. It’s an old chart, citing just one episode’s performance—the Donald Trump–hosted reality show was the seventh-most-watched program on television in its first year, but didn’t even crack the Top 10 in subsequent seasons. But don’t try to tell the president-elect that. In 2015, Trump earned “muffled laughs” from a room filled with TV reporters and critics when he claimed that The Celebrity Apprentice was still the No. 1 show on television. Informed that, in fact, his show had lost to Mike & Molly in ratings for two straight weeks, Trump shrugged and used a familiar cop-out: “That’s just what I had heard.”

Fuck off

16 hours ago, Zavala said:

Or maybe not

You'll never reach them.  I don't know why I even still try.  They are like Frank Poole after HAL cut his air line in 2001, just spinning and spinning further and further into an infinity of nothingness where they hear nothing but their own thoughts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

You'll never reach them.  I don't know why I even still try.  They are like Frank Poole after HAL cut his air line in 2001, just spinning and spinning further and further into an infinity of nothingness where they hear nothing but their own thoughts.

Please look up the word "irony."

On 8/9/2019 at 4:31 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Who really gave a shit about Donald Trump until he decided to run for President?

On 8/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, Zavala said:

How many conservative politicians has he had on?

Democrap presidential canidates:

-Tusli Gabbard

-Yang

-Bernie

Left leaning people he's had on and talked politics, too many to count. Had all the Young Turks on, Abby Martian ect... 

He's had a few conservatives: ex-military, hunters, and Dan Carlin. He did have Stephen Crowder and Gavin Mcginnes. I guess Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are somehow right-wing too even though they are atheists and liberals.

Anyway, Joe doing political shows is hilarious. Dude WEED! 

What conservative politicians have tried to come on his show and were declined?

He had Mike Baker on a couple of weeks ago going through all the Fox News talking points.  He's had Candace Owens.  Ted Nugent got pretty political and conservative on his show.  

Trump will be the Republican nominee regardless in 2020 so who do you think is supposed to come on his podcast? 

37 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Who really gave a shit about Donald Trump until he decided to run for President?

This. Never watched The Apprentice and anything I saw of him was in the Hollywood mags in waiting areas. Always had the impression he was like a Dynasty dinosaur. I'm talking about the show, Dynasty as in women with big hair, big bosums and over the top furnishings and guys who wear suits as leisurewear. In other words, all show no substance as opposed to wealthy who actually 'do' things with their money. Until he entered the political arena, if you had mentioned the name, I would have remembered Ivana and the messy divorce due to Marla Maples. That's it. All of the slumlord, big buildings, and bankruptcies wasn't even on my radar prior to the politics.

The first time I heard of Donald Trump was when I was a kid and his wife accused him of raping her. I remember reading it in the newspaper.

The second time I ever thought about Donald Trump was after the financial crisis. I was a bank lawyer and spent two years putting real estate developers into bankruptcy. At a CLE they talked about the "Trump Defense," which was an absurd argument that the financial crisis implicated the force majeure clauses in his deeds of trust. I kept up to see what happened to those cases, read a bit about him, and discovered that he was a terrible businessman.

Then I saw him run for President and 63,000,000 Americans voted for this corrupt, incompetent, immoral failed businessman. It says a lot about us a country, and in particular it says a lot about the people who voted for him.

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Then I saw him run for President and 63,000,000 Americans voted for this corrupt, incompetent, immoral failed businessman. It says a lot about us a country, and in particular it says a lot about the people who voted for him.

That's what I never understood. All of the smear that was going toward the Democrats prior to the primaries I understood as part of the political game, but when Trump became the nominee and folks were saying, "He tells it like it is" and "He's going to drain the swamp" I was like "what? you're voting for Billy Carter?" Truth be told, Billy was outlandish, but I don't know that he was a crook.

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Probably has nothing to do with the frequency with which Donald Trump uses the word "Clinton" on social media.

It's gotta be a biased algorithm.

i wonder what could have happened recently that would cause a search for the terms 'clinton' and 'epstein' to have a lot of donald trump in it?  guess we'll never know!

12 hours ago, Tom said:

What conservative politicians have tried to come on his show and were declined?

He had Mike Baker on a couple of weeks ago going through all the Fox News talking points.  He's had Candace Owens.  Ted Nugent got pretty political and conservative on his show.  

Trump will be the Republican nominee regardless in 2020 so who do you think is supposed to come on his podcast? 

Conservatives yeah, conservative politicians no. Just pointing it out, they can have who ever they want, it's just another California "liberal" stoner idiot. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, David Dennison said:

Eh Buchanan and Johnson will keep from that due to basically causing the Civil War by failing to manage the political crisis of the time at all and by ending Reconstruction early, respectively. He has a great argument for 3rd though.

Pardon the British excursion.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49314840

British MP proposes "emergency" all female cabinet. Gets Prime Time on BBC, obviously, for her lunatic bigoted plan. Forpoced to apologize because all the proposed Cabinet members were white. https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-12/green-mp-calls-for-an-emergency-cabinet-of-women-to-stop-no-deal-brexit/

What a shitshow. She should apologize for being a sexist and a power hungry madwoman.

9 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

God, I love Zavala.  Now we're getting SCOTT ADAMS videos!

Address the point? 

Nah, just attack the character of those you disagree with. 

Dilbert man may be silly, but he perfectly shows how fake news is created there. They took a "news article" and made a quote out of an opinion in that that was never said by the person, then say that's what he said in the headline.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zavala said:

Address the point? 

Nah, just attack the character of those you disagree with. 

Dilbert man may be silly, but he perfectly shows how fake news is created there. They took a "news article" and made a quote out of an opinion in that that was never said by the person, then say that's what he said in the headline.

I addressed it. It's a point based on a series of wrong assumptions and neglecting other public data. We start disregarding the cartoonist and other personalities you follow because they have proven themselves.....wait for it......biased in their assessment of any situation they address. 

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

LOL!

JFC. Not only is your source Project Veritas, somehow you believe Google not being forced to carry The Daily Stormer as a "news" source is some social injustice you feel needs to be remedied.

So they're facts, just not your facts. I think I see the problem.

• Like 1

while it's fun to laugh at the brain-diseased Qfreaks...

The mainstream corporate media is corrupt and is working against the majority of working class Americans.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

Random tweet aired for 10 seconds on late night cable news critical of Bernie has really destroyed Bernie’s chances and clear evidence of a vast corporate conspiracy to subvert the will of the people. 

It is ironic I get swarmed by random Bernie bros if I say one thing negative about Bernard but MSNBC takes a 10 second cheap shot at him with an anonymous tweet and it’s the end of the world. 

It's not that alone, but their messaging and gate-keeping in total. The signal boosting of anonymous Twitter trolls is just a recent and egregious example. Far worse examples include the debates in which the questions were primary right wing taking points.

Would you genuinely contend that mainstream corporate media treats populist and corporate concerns equally?

I think corporate media has the deck stacked to protect the status quo and it’s challenging for a progressive to overcome that without coming off too whiney.  
Especially in a "with friends like these, who needs enemies?" situation where fellow "progressives" attack alongside the media?