Cowboys vs Eagles: Week 14

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well hello defense!

Now y’all want to talk about a QB holding onto the ball too long look no further than the first overall pick and obviously better QB than ours. Lol

I don’t expect much on offense though. Just don’t turn the ball over.

Goff held it too long when he's not playing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Which ones? The first downs or the ones that miss?

I mean QBs miss throws. Even the great ones. But yes he’s had some bad throws today.

The OL, abs playcalling, has been horrendous today.

Your continued defense of Dak’s inaccuracy is comical. “Quarterback’s miss throws.” QBs in this league who are worth their money don’t overthrow passes in the flat, throw behind their running backs, sail open receivers and throw behind receivers on simple slant patterns.

Dak holds this team back and he's in the bottom half of quarterbacks in this league. 

• Like 1

Which ones? The first downs or the ones that miss?

I mean QBs miss throws. Even the great ones. But yes he’s had some bad throws today.

The OL, abs playcalling, has been horrendous today.

he misses a lot of easy throws and has receivers and RB's reaching everywhere.   Zeke bails his ass out a lot.

he's not bad. he's just average.

Your continued defense of Dak’s inaccuracy is comical. “Quarterback’s miss throws.” QBs in this league who are worth their money don’t overthrow passes in the flat, throw behind their running backs, sail open receivers and throw behind receivers on simple slant patterns.

Dak holds this team back and he's in the bottom half of quarterbacks in this league. 

Hey scroll up and you’ll see multiple posts from me in the last 30 min saying he made a bad throw. So not defending those bad throws at all

I do defend the idea that Dak is the only QB in the entire league that makes bad throws and misses passes. Hell Wentz has done it just as much this game.

I have never said he’s not inconsistent, he obviously is. But you take the good with the bad. You didn’t say shit when he basically saved a 3rd down play earlier this game by making guys miss and standing strong to deliver a pass to Zeke. But sure, hold every single bad throw against him.

He has NOT been good this game. Still a half to play.

he misses a lot of easy throws and has receivers and RB's reaching everywhere.   Zeke bails his ass out a lot.
he's not bad. he's just average.

And that’s fair. I’ve never said he’s anything but above average and that’s good enough with this defense and weapons.

My main complaint is always playcalling. I’d love to see him with a new OC and I think we will next year before they commit fully to him.

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Fuck Maher, one long kick doesn’t make up for missing all the little ones. That call on Tyrone was bullshit, that happens on every single possession in the OL. Three in one half now. Philly will never get one and dallas will get two more, just watch

He’s missed 5 fgs all year (and an extra point i guess). He had a really bad stretch, and he had a stretch where he made 14 or 15 in a row. If some of those misses where mixed in a little more in that stretch of 14 in a row, we aren’t talking about this. He is who he is. An average nfl kicker. Kicking around the nfl has been terrible this year. You have practically the cheapest one, and he’s been mediocre.

Hey scroll up and you’ll see multiple posts from me in the last 30 min saying he made a bad throw. So not defending those bad throws at all

I do defend the idea that Dak is the only QB in the entire league that makes bad throws and misses passes. Hell Wentz has done it just as much this game.

I have never said he’s not inconsistent, he obviously is. But you take the good with the bad. You didn’t say shit when he basically saved a 3rd down play earlier this game by making guys miss and standing strong to deliver a pass to Zeke. But sure, hold every single bad throw against him.

He has NOT been good this game. Still a half to play.

I blame the playcalling much more then Dak. Every QB misses throws. A good OC will make the throws as easy as possible. Our OC apparently relishes doing the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He’s missed 5 fgs all year (and an extra point i guess). He had a really bad stretch, and he had a stretch where he made 14 or 15 in a row. If some of those misses where mixed in a little more in that stretch of 14 in a row, we aren’t talking about this. He is who he is. An average nfl kicker. Kicking around the nfl has been terrible this year. You have practically the cheapest one, and he’s been mediocre.

With that being said, there are some stready eddy reliable kickers that have had long nfl careers. Nick Novak, Dan Carpenter, etc.

Dak sucked that half. I like a lot of things about dak, but I’m not signing him this offseason (as jones has stated). They better get a new OC and evaluate dak under a different offense next year.  There is something about the compressed field in the red zone that magnified his issues. If he gets it together this half we can win comfortably.